Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Michelin Tire Totes $46.99 + free shipping or 39.99 in store

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 1:40 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1795 posts
172 upvotes
I'm using Michelin plastic tire bags . Do the plastic bag or totes do anything to protect the tire? I e tire rubber? Or the totes simply for ease of carrying?
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2014
580 posts
390 upvotes
Montreal, QC
reggyDeal wrote: I'm using Michelin plastic tire bags . Do the plastic bag or totes do anything to protect the tire? I e tire rubber? Or the totes simply for ease of carrying?
I think they are more for protecting the interior of your car if you are putting them in your trunk/backseat.
I don't think they do anything to protect the tires from the elements / temperature / humidity / ozone etc...

Sealed plastic bags would do a better job of protecting the tires as long as you are careful to not get holes / tears.

That said, my Model 3's summer rims / tires are in plastic bags in my shed in the cold all winter :( no room in my house for them and my garage is tiny and barely fits the car.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
18311 posts
2316 upvotes
Out west
fearex wrote: I think they are more for protecting the interior of your car if you are putting them in your trunk/backseat.
I don't think they do anything to protect the tires from the elements / temperature / humidity / ozone etc...

Sealed plastic bags would do a better job of protecting the tires as long as you are careful to not get holes / tears.

That said, my Model 3's summer rims / tires are in plastic bags in my shed in the cold all winter :( no room in my house for them and my garage is tiny and barely fits the car.
Im using nothing for my tires for 15 years now, besides cleaning rocks from the treads, cleaning and waxing the rims and cleaning the side walls. No bags, no heated perfect temps, no nothing. No issues.

Do you think when your tires are manufactured and shipped, they are in nice cozy temps all the time. Do you think when they store your tires in a seacan, that its temp controlled?

If I was doing something wrong I think in 15 years I would of seen it by now
Sr. Member
Jul 27, 2014
580 posts
390 upvotes
Montreal, QC
WikkiWikki wrote: Im using nothing for my tires for 15 years now, besides cleaning rocks from the treads, cleaning and waxing the rims and cleaning the side walls. No bags, no heated perfect temps, no nothing. No issues.

Do you think when your tires are manufactured and shipped, they are in nice cozy temps all the time. Do you think when they store your tires in a seacan, that its temp controlled?

If I was doing something wrong I think in 15 years I would of seen it by now
Yeah I believe you. TBH I just kept all of my tires / rims in the shed all this time too. Just this year I got a Model 3 and I'm babying it like a dweeb.

Never had problems with my Suzuki or Honda's tires / rims in the shed.
Sr. Member
Mar 2, 2005
827 posts
268 upvotes
I'm returning mine today .. They offer zero protection to the rim's machined surface on my 19's ...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1733 posts
1544 upvotes
Montréal
bmmr wrote: I'm returning mine today .. They offer zero protection to the rim's machined surface on my 19's ...
Yeah u need those felt pads
Newbie
Oct 5, 2009
30 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
wiffle wrote: Any in GVR?
Called Richmond Costco and the rep said they don't have it in any BC warehouse. The price today is $36 online. I think I'll buy it.
Every penny counts !!

Top