• Jul 28th, 2020 12:09 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 24, 2018
76 posts
87 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Mongoose Adult Reform Sport 700c Hybrid bicycle - $549.99

Finally an adult bike in stock at Costco online: Mongoose Reform Sport 700c Hybrid

https://www.costco.ca/mongoose-reform-s ... 96791.html

260 in stock as of posting.

The Reform has wider tires than your typical commuter, perfect for rides with rougher roads or gravel paths. This versatile hybrid has a serious Mongoose dual sport aluminum frame with an SR Suntour NVX suspension fork that combine to offer a responsive ride while smoothing out rough and bumpy roads. Don't choose between the road or a trail; any route is rideable with the Shimano Acera/Altus 21-speed drivetrain with Altus shifters that provide a wide gearing range and consistent performance. Front and rear Mongoose hydraulic disc brakes offer crisp, reliable stopping power no matter the terrain or the weather.  

Features:

Frame size: 45 cm (18 in.)

Suggested rider height from:1.65 m to 1.75 m (5 ft. 5 in. to 5 ft. 9 in.)

Rider Inseam: 81 cm to 84 cm (32 in. to 33 in. )

Colour: grey

Frame: Mongoose dual sport aluminum

Fork: SR Suntour NVX with mechanical lockout

Shifter: 24-speed Shimano SL-M310

Handlebars: Kore riser bar 13° rise 68.8 cm (27 in.) wide

Grips: Mongoose trail grips

Derailleur: Shimano TY710 (F), Shimano Acera M360 (R)

Stem: 3D forged alloy

Headset: Xposure

Brakes: Mongoose hydraulic disc brakes

Seat post: Alloy 27.2 × 350 mm

Seat: Mongoose urban

Pedals: plastic platform with reflector

Crankset: prowheel TY-CM02 28/38/48T

Rims: Xposure DP-29 tubeless ready

Hubs: Front and rear Xposure alloy quick release 32H

Tires: Kenda Happy Medium 30 TPI 700 × 40c

Bottom bracket: VP-BC73 cartridge

Bottom chain: KMC Z72, 8-speed

Specifications:

Dimensions (L x W x H): 176 cm x 69.1 cm x 103.1 cm (69.3 in. x 27.2 in. x 40.6 in.)

Weight: 14.2 kg (31.4 lb.)
Images
  • upload.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 14th, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated title
161 replies
Jun 13, 2011
81 posts
191 upvotes
Good find. These will sell quick. Demand is still crazy
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1366 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
This bike is all made with legacy material and it is not even showing on mongoose website anymore. 550 seems to be very good for this spec as long as u dont mind it is put together with leftover parts.
Feb 14, 2006
384 posts
306 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Jone19 wrote: Wheres the engine?
Lunacycle.com

Also there is a 4% bonus rebate today only with Costco MasterCard purchases on Costco.ca
May 9, 2010
368 posts
110 upvotes
Ottawa
Is this unisex or gender specific? Considering this for my wife's bday.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7406 posts
748 upvotes
Waterloo
Bought an open box customer return gt avalanche with hydraulic disc brakes for 599.99 regular price was 750 for an xl frame. I can tell you trying to find a bike is a pain in the ass heh. Mongoose has a lifetime warranty on their frames unless they changed that... when I was younger they shipped me a brand new frame from the states because my frame cracked...
Nov 23, 2015
73 posts
102 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
https://int.mongoose.com/pages/warranty
LIMITED WARRANTY AND POLICY ON REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your purchase includes the following warranty which is in lieu of all other express warranties. This warranty is extended only to the initial consumer purchaser. No warranty registration is required. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.

FRAME
Steel frames are guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship for as long as the initial consumer purchaser has the bicycle, subject to the condition of the warranty listed below. Aluminum and dual suspension frames are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of 5 years. If frame failure should occur due to faulty materials or workmanship during the guarantee period, the frame will be replaced. For frame replacement under this Pacific Limited Warranty, contact us, stating the nature of the failure, model number, date received and the name of the store from which the bike was received, at the address given on this page.

Frame must be returned for inspection at customer’s expense. Please note: the fork is not part of the frame. A lifetime warranty on your frame does not guarantee that the product will last forever. The length of the useful life cycle will vary depending on the type of bike, riding conditions and care the bicycle receives. Competition, jumping, downhill racing, trick riding, trial riding, riding in severe conditions or climates, riding with heavy loads or any other non-standard use can substantially shorten the useful product life cycle. Any one or a combination of these conditions may result in an unpredictable failure that is not covered by this warranty.

All bicycles and frame sets should be periodically checked by an authorized dealer for indications of potential problems, inappropriate use or abuse. These are important safety checks and are very important to help prevent accidents, bodily injury to the rider and shortened useful product life cycle.
Apr 8, 2010
759 posts
412 upvotes
toronto
Chand6 wrote: ...

Suggested rider height from:1.65 m to 1.75 m (5 ft. 5 in. to 5 ft. 9 in.)

aahhhh... got all excited until i saw this.... :(

thanks OP for sharing this though
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1618 posts
255 upvotes
Markham
Nice find. A bit too late for me but I’d really be tempted
Dec 5, 2016
232 posts
35 upvotes
I'm 5'9 - 5'10ish, is this bike too small for me?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
12988 posts
7943 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
no, buy it and have fun cause summers too short.
alucky17 wrote: I'm 5'9 - 5'10ish, is this bike too small for me?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Nov 16, 2016
796 posts
742 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
alucky17 wrote: I'm 5'9 - 5'10ish, is this bike too small for me?
I'd say your a smidge on the big end but it'll work. Just note that is easier to ride a bike larger than for yourself than riding a big too small for yourself.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1736 posts
606 upvotes
GTA
[costco.ca] Mongoose Adult Sports Bicycle 700cc - $549.99

is it 700cc (Gas) or 700c series?