Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Moto G Fast Smartphone - $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 7:00 pm
Aug 14, 2019
767 posts
365 upvotes
ECBomb wrote: Can you see if WiFi Calling and VoLTE are available on Freedom Mobile with this phone? Don't think any user in this thread.
If it's not listed on Freedom's website (you can use Shaw's) as a compatible model then no. Also, it is missing some world LTE bands, Here is a review of the phone: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/motorola-moto-g-fast#
Aug 29, 2007
324 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone has recommended screen protector for this phone?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1028 posts
830 upvotes
Markham, ON
VoLTE and VoWIFI should work on TELUS brands with this phone out of the box.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8136 posts
2845 upvotes
Mississauga
G Fast is a great phone for the price.

However, I was looking a little up in price for the G Power, which Costco has for $299 (unfortunately, it's the only Motorola phone they didn't discount). But they did discount the G Stylus, which is now the same price as the G Power. From what I can see the Stylus compared to the G Power is shorter by a millimetre and ever so slightly thinner, has higher resolution cameras and more memory at 128GB, but smaller battery at 4,000mah (which is still respectably large). Stylus seems like great bang for buck at that $300 price point - mind you there's a tonne more options I imagine beyond Motorola in that range (but I'm too lazy to search haha).
Nov 4, 2008
447 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto
Just called the Thorncliffe location and they're all sold out now. I asked them to check Warden, Markham East, and Woodbine+7 and they're all sold out too. They may receive a restock before Sunday (when the sale ends), but that's not guaranteed.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1153 posts
888 upvotes
ultimate wrote: Just set it up for my mom. The phone is very bright. Screen is huge. I use iPhone 11 and I found the sound and speed great on this $150 phone. Freedom sim in the phone and settings were sent to the phone automatically. Working great. The finger print scanner is fast and phone had a lot of updates. Great phone for the price.
Ps Motorola ringtone is great Thumbs Up Sign
Set her up with the moto actions, my parents find it's their favourite part of the phone. Particularly twist to activate camera.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1583 posts
1160 upvotes
GTA West
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Motorola & Lenovo are owned by Google... is also one reason we see stock Android on this device as same
As the pixel experience , no bloatware, on top the Smart Features on Moto gestures are something we can’t get on any other phones
No, no, please check facts before posting. Lenovo is a Chinese company that bought IBM's PC business and then also bought the Motorola brand.
May 22, 2016
395 posts
409 upvotes
For me, I am looking for the G Power for my dad. Its between that, the Google Pixel 4a which is $179 more, and the Samsung A51 which is $119 more.

Watching this right now:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sa ... &FORM=VIRE

Hoping that the google pixel gets a sale down to $399 for black friday, that would be the best deal I think given the RAM, and internal storage along with 3 years of Android updates
kenchau wrote: G Fast is a great phone for the price.

However, I was looking a little up in price for the G Power, which Costco has for $299 (unfortunately, it's the only Motorola phone they didn't discount). But they did discount the G Stylus, which is now the same price as the G Power. From what I can see the Stylus compared to the G Power is shorter by a millimetre and ever so slightly thinner, has higher resolution cameras and more memory at 128GB, but smaller battery at 4,000mah (which is still respectably large). Stylus seems like great bang for buck at that $300 price point - mind you there's a tonne more options I imagine beyond Motorola in that range (but I'm too lazy to search haha).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8136 posts
2845 upvotes
Mississauga
SS76SS wrote: For me, I am looking for the G Power for my dad. Its between that, the Google Pixel 4a which is $179 more, and the Samsung A51 which is $119 more.

Watching this right now:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sa ... &FORM=VIRE

Hoping that the google pixel gets a sale down to $399 for black friday, that would be the best deal I think given the RAM, and internal storage along with 3 years of Android updates
You would take the G Power over the G Stylus at the same price? How come?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4525 posts
2912 upvotes
Burnaby
A bit off topic, though still relevant, IMO. Two reviews (demos actually) by the same guy comparing Moto G Fast, Moto E, Moto G Power, Moto Stylus.

My max purchase price for either the Stylus or the Moto G is $250 and hopefully Costco will bring one of these to this price point during BF, CM, BD sales. The Stylus selling point, IMO, is its camera system (not the stylus) and as for the G Power, it's its large capacity battery. Other differences are just incremental, not deal breakers. For me, battery capacity wins.
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion advertising]
Insert here list of companies with referral programs
May 22, 2016
395 posts
409 upvotes
kenchau wrote: You would take the G Power over the G Stylus at the same price? How come?
well, my dad wouldn't use the action cam which is what one of the cameras on the stylus are dedicated for, and thats for video only as well. Its a strange decision IMO, the ultra wide on the Power is much more useful.....and of course the HUGE battery.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1652 posts
740 upvotes
easy-e wrote: Just called the Thorncliffe location and they're all sold out now. I asked them to check Warden, Markham East, and Woodbine+7 and they're all sold out too. They may receive a restock before Sunday (when the sale ends), but that's not guaranteed.
O boyh! Please keep an eye if the stock gets updated
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1264 posts
602 upvotes
aviador wrote: Currently the net cost for the 1-yr standard Costco membership is around $20 because of the $60 voucher promotion for new members (voucher is redeemable with a $100+ pretax online order only). The details of this promotion can be found in the thread [Costco] Costco new membership or reactivation offer $60/$120 + $20 voucher.

I wonder if smartphones get Costco's standard extended warranty and if using such warranty anytime during the 2nd year of ownership requires still being an active member.
THANKS! I called got them to apply the code so $120 on future purchase b4 Jan 17 and then $20 as well... too bad couldnt use this for the phone... would make the phone almost free.

The ext warranty page mentions its only good for "televisions, projectors, major appliances and computers (excluding tablets)"
Phones have a 90 day return policy....
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6921 posts
1797 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Sold my Umidigi F1 (horrible phone with 'great specs') for the same price I bought it and setup the G Fast (nothing fancy, but has exactly what I need - long lasting battery and not too much bloatware) today.

Let's see if anything comes along better in the next 3 months but if not it's a good phone that will hopefully last me 2-3 years.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)