Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Moto G Fast Smartphone - $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 7:00 pm
Nov 10, 2007
191 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam BC
Lots available this afternoon at the PoCo store.
Jun 6, 2007
27 posts
4 upvotes
Could somebody who has this phone try something? See if you can install the "DJI Fly" app from the Play Store. That's DJI FLY, not DJI GO.

I have a Mavic Mini drone and no phone I can fly it with. This might do the trick.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6921 posts
1797 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
El_Cheapo wrote: Could somebody who has this phone try something? See if you can install the "DJI Fly" app from the Play Store. That's DJI FLY, not DJI GO.

I have a Mavic Mini drone and no phone I can fly it with. This might do the trick.
Installed/loaded the app - works.
Nov 16, 2009
88 posts
5 upvotes
Rexdale
Just got the phone. A question, when connect to pc it shows 12 out of ~20gb used. This phone is 32gb and I know some resources are already used up. But shouldn't still it say 32gb?

Also, is there any way I can create group in app tray/drawer instead of home screen?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13454 posts
3705 upvotes
VANCOUVER
roddur wrote: Just got the phone. A question, when connect to pc it shows 12 out of ~20gb used. This phone is 32gb and I know some resources are already used up. But shouldn't still it say 32gb?

Also, is there any way I can create group in app tray/drawer instead of home screen?
Are you sure it's not showing as 12gb used, and 20gb avail, not 12 out of 20?
Nov 16, 2009
88 posts
5 upvotes
Rexdale
Rogido wrote: Are you sure it's not showing as 12gb used, and 20gb avail, not 12 out of 20?
I'm sure of it. See the image please.

Update : It exactly doesn't say out of but of. To me it reads like out of.
Images
  • space.jpg
Jan 14, 2007
997 posts
118 upvotes
torontokris wrote: THANKS! I called got them to apply the code so $120 on future purchase b4 Jan 17 and then $20 as well... too bad couldnt use this for the phone... would make the phone almost free.
Are you able to stack coupons?
Aug 29, 2007
324 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Can we use Google pay on this phone?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1276 posts
280 upvotes
sam_b_d wrote: Can we use Google pay on this phone?
There no NFC on this phone so no Google Pay. One of the few drawbacks of this phone.
"Portfolios are like a bar of soap. The more you touch it the smaller it gets" - Preet Banerjee
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5142 posts
1179 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ECBomb wrote: There no NFC on this phone so no Google Pay. One of the few drawbacks of this phone.
if they put those one price will not be $159.

Freedom Mobile

Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1652 posts
740 upvotes
roddur wrote: I'm sure of it. See the image please.

Update : It exactly doesn't say out of but of. To me it reads like out of.
12 gb is kept aside for the Android software... that’s why it’ shows available as 20gb . It have 32gb complete.. no need to worry .. and also can be increased by adding a microsd- formatting it as internal memory to move Apps over to the micro Sd
Last edited by Ridinginoffice7 on Oct 16th, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1908 posts
1534 upvotes
GVRD
sheyenne wrote: Here is a review of the phone: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/motorola-moto-g-fast#
I didn't agree with the review at it being a 3.5/5 and "for $50 more get a Moto Power". He reviewed the phone at $199US, or $270CDN. It's here at $149CDN. That's a very big difference. It's not a tiny step up to the Power model in our case.

He thinks the Moto E is about the same or even better. UMMM, the Moto E is a 2GB phone compared to this 3GB Moto G Fast. That's a substantial difference in having multiple APPs running.

I'd rate that review a failure, but I appreciated the other comparison details.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)