[Costco] Costco.ca: Moto G Fast Smartphone - $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 7:00 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13454 posts
3705 upvotes
VANCOUVER
tew wrote: That store messed up. The numbers should match: the cashier scans the card, you pay for it and then you show your receipt at the pickup window. With too many cards you would pay for it and then have to get a refund if they were OOS.
I have the same understanding. I took the card to the cashier. Paid for it, and then took the card and receipt to Member Services to get the phone. So I assume they use the cards as part of their inventory control system.
Mar 9, 2015
206 posts
81 upvotes
Aldergrove, BC
tew wrote: That store messed up. The numbers should match: the cashier scans the card, you pay for it and then you show your receipt at the pickup window. With too many cards you would pay for it and then have to get a refund if they were OOS.
I called Langley BC Wednesday night and they had 4 left (Abbotsford had 2) but when I went in Thursday afternoon they had at least 10 cards on display.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4760 posts
382 upvotes
I guess maybe some people use one card but buy 2 or 3 at cashier.. So its hard to match stock
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1544 posts
1590 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have the moto z3 play from the Motorola direct sale earlier this year. How does the z3 play compare to the moto g fast?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13454 posts
3705 upvotes
VANCOUVER
thehockeyguy wrote: I guess maybe some people use one card but buy 2 or 3 at cashier.. So its hard to match stock
Could be, and they match things up at the end of each day.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10321 posts
4804 upvotes
thehockeyguy wrote: I guess maybe some people use one card but buy 2 or 3 at cashier.. So its hard to match stock
Thats exactly how it is. Each card out is for the amount of stock they have.
People will grab one card and buy 2 or 3 ect. Some wont even grab a card and just tell cashier they want. Now the stores suppose to keep up with it however they dont. BUT if there oos they will go remove the cards.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13454 posts
3705 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dotsandpixels wrote: I have the moto z3 play from the Motorola direct sale earlier this year. How does the z3 play compare to the moto g fast?
The Z3 Play has a slower processor but 1 more GB of ram. G Fast has a bigger battery, and better camera system. G Fast probably edges out the Z3 Play overall. One year makes a big difference in cellphone evolution.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13454 posts
3705 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Rogido wrote: The Z3 Play has a slower processor but 1 more GB of ram. G Fast has a bigger battery, and better camera system. G Fast probably edges out the Z3 Play overall. One year makes a big difference in cellphone evolution.
They would make it easier for themselves and customers if they adhered to "no card, no pay, no phone" policy. Obviously the intention was each card would denote one phone in inventory.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1544 posts
1590 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rogido wrote:
The Z3 Play has a slower processor but 1 more GB of ram. G Fast has a bigger battery, and better camera system. G Fast probably edges out the Z3 Play overall. One year makes a big difference in cellphone evolution.
Yes I googled those stats. But still think the the z3 might come out ahead with more features and nfc and the 1 GB ram is significant.

It's a tough one. Price also. Z3 costs more?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1276 posts
280 upvotes
whobetta wrote: With Freedom mobile and was contemplating the recently posted TCL 10 with Koodo. Decided to stay with my Freedom Plan for now. Sister went shopping and told her to get me one if available. Still had stock in Langley, BC for $149.
Was your sister able to get it for you? Would love to hear your experience about using the phone on Freedom, as I'm still on the fence whether to bite the bullet...
"Portfolios are like a bar of soap. The more you touch it the smaller it gets" - Preet Banerjee
Mar 21, 2005
176 posts
55 upvotes
No issues with freedom but my mom only uses for calls. I can’t comment on data.
Nov 16, 2003
817 posts
41 upvotes
Calgary
I picked up one of these phones, then noticed that it doesn't have NFC, so no Android Pay.
Also, as mentioned by others it has 3GB RAM. Is this sufficient?
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
-- Jean Chretien
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1276 posts
280 upvotes
volan wrote: I picked up one of these phones, then noticed that it doesn't have NFC, so no Android Pay.
True RFDer right here 💪🏼. Buy first, think later.
"Portfolios are like a bar of soap. The more you touch it the smaller it gets" - Preet Banerjee
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13454 posts
3705 upvotes
VANCOUVER
volan wrote: I picked up one of these phones, then noticed that it doesn't have NFC, so no Android Pay.
Also, as mentioned by others it has 3GB RAM. Is this sufficient?
If you're not planning on keeping/using this phone for 3+ years, I don't think Android Pay is a big deal at this time. If you're not a power user, 3GB is sufficient, IMO.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13454 posts
3705 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dotsandpixels wrote: Yes I googled those stats. But still think the the z3 might come out ahead with more features and nfc and the 1 GB ram is significant.

It's a tough one. Price also. Z3 costs more?
Yes, there is the NFC feature, plus the mods with the Z3 Play. For me, Z3 Play costs exactly the same as the G Fast...$149. Well technically less, since it came with the speaker mod.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)