Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Moto G Fast Smartphone - $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 7:00 pm
Sep 14, 2020
114 posts
60 upvotes
I don't understand why retailers just don't get the dual sim phones. I can understand if the phone is sold by the big 3 or shaw since they don't want to give customers the options, but a retailer like Costco who just sells the phone shouldn't care. It's mind boggling.

I would've pulled the trigger if this was the dual sim version :(
Nov 8, 2009
138 posts
64 upvotes
ECBomb wrote: Was your sister able to get it for you? Would love to hear your experience about using the phone on Freedom, as I'm still on the fence whether to bite the bullet...
Yes I got the phone and it works great. Going from a Moto G 2nd gen that was barely hanging on was like a whole different world lol. Phone setup was very easy with the software and transferring between old phone and new. Phone feels solid. Very fast and huge screen, battery is very good when then phone is on standby it barely trickles. Screen looks good in my experience even though PPI is lower than average. No bloatware like usual with Motorola. Camera is good for the price point. Call and Audio/Music Sound quality is very good with headphones. I don't use NFC so it wasn't a big deal for me. No issues with Freedom Mobile. Also I could use LTE now because my Holiday Miracle Plan had grandfathered in. Got a new SIM Card from Freedom for free just in case because still had a Wind Mobile Sim. Plus Costco 90 day warranty/return concierge service and they extend the warranty to another year.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16889 posts
6090 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: It can last you 5yrs plus if you use it safely, they are that reliable and efficient
Don't count on it.
I bought the G6 play two years ago. The top reviewed budget phone at the time.
It worked great at the time.
Once updated to Pie last year its laggy as hell and sometimes misses clicks or sometimes takes 10-30 seconds to register a tap or gets taps (letters) in the wrong order. I tried a factory reset to no effect.
And on top of that the security updates stopped in April.

For a moment I was considering this phone to replace it but why buy another motorola when they break their own phones?
Its either intentional or baldfaced stupidity, my Lenovo tablet with 200 series ultra low end processor works better then my "top reviewed" phone.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Apr 4, 2017
733 posts
442 upvotes
A Costco customer service representative told me this phone comes with an extra year of warranty. Does anybody know if this is true? Because I see no mention of an extra year of warranty anywhere.
Apr 25, 2016
129 posts
85 upvotes
yow
Product Not found....looks like its gone
Apr 4, 2017
733 posts
442 upvotes
7things wrote: Product Not found....looks like its gone
Still available in store at some locations.
Oct 9, 2013
155 posts
53 upvotes
Peterborough
Hi,
Got this as a quick fix for my mate 20 (f**ked up the screen bad). Trying to move things over to the phone and was wondering if there is an easy way/good app people have been using. I do not like the cloud aspect (google) for photos/videos etc. Looking for an app that is simple and reliable.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1908 posts
1534 upvotes
GVRD
tew wrote: Doesn't make any sense. Do the cashiers have to send a runner to the pick up window to check on stock levels before scanning the card or does the system update the inventory in real time? Either way you'll have a lot of upset customers when they get to the cash and find out it's OOS.
That's a good point. The Vancouver store, at checkout, has the cashier asking a runner to verify inventory and get one. If it's out of stock, they then pull the cards and have a disappointed customer. There's also lost productivity with the cashier going into hold-mode awaiting that runner's response. I'm not sure what other BC stores in the area do.
Nov 26, 2017
31 posts
9 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Don't count on it.
I bought the G6 play two years ago. The top reviewed budget phone at the time.
It worked great at the time.
Once updated to Pie last year its laggy as hell and sometimes misses clicks or sometimes takes 10-30 seconds to register a tap or gets taps (letters) in the wrong order. I tried a factory reset to no effect.
And on top of that the security updates stopped in April.

For a moment I was considering this phone to replace it but why buy another motorola when they break their own phones?
Its either intentional or baldfaced stupidity, my Lenovo tablet with 200 series ultra low end processor works better then my "top reviewed" phone.
Unlock the bootloader and put caos gsi on it. Speed problem solved
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10321 posts
4804 upvotes
IHavocI wrote: A Costco customer service representative told me this phone comes with an extra year of warranty. Does anybody know if this is true? Because I see no mention of an extra year of warranty anywhere.
Comes with a 1 year manufactory warranty.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9519 posts
2247 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Rogido wrote: The Z3 Play has a slower processor but 1 more GB of ram. G Fast has a bigger battery, and better camera system. G Fast probably edges out the Z3 Play overall. One year makes a big difference in cellphone evolution.
Well, it's not that slower...it's clocked only 10% higher, maybe better GPU and lower power consumption (11nm vs 14nm)
And they are 2 years apart, from release date

4x2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver compared to Octa-core (4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4x1.6 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
Z3 Play OLED screen, Gorilla glass and higher DPI screen wins hands down
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4525 posts
312 upvotes
This is a great phone for the price. Picked up a second.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2437 posts
2068 upvotes
GTA
md99an wrote: Hi,
Got this as a quick fix for my mate 20 (f**ked up the screen bad). Trying to move things over to the phone and was wondering if there is an easy way/good app people have been using. I do not like the cloud aspect (google) for photos/videos etc. Looking for an app that is simple and reliable.
Thanks
I used Copy my data for the contacts, calendar, photos and videos and SMS backup & restore for phone call logs and text messages. They both transfer over wifi
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13454 posts
3705 upvotes
VANCOUVER
tew wrote: I used Copy my data for the contacts, calendar, photos and videos and SMS backup & restore for phone call logs and text messages. They both transfer over wifi
Copy my Data...is that an app?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16889 posts
6090 upvotes
jackching wrote: Unlock the bootloader and put caos gsi on it. Speed problem solved
But notice how Morotola has created planned obsolescence, a device that would work fine is intentionally borked.
I was planning on keeping the phone 3-4 years then upgrading, but since this is what they do i'm planning on a Samsung next time.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)