Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Moto One Vision Unlocked Smartphone 4GB RAM/128 GB Memory/Octacore 2.2/48 MP Rear/25 MP Front Cam $340

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2020 12:09 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1086 posts
308 upvotes
GTA
PriceHunter wrote: Good day everyone,
I was looking for a phone to replace a current S8 that is functioning great, just had enough visits to the ground and started to exhibit some behavioral issues.
Your S8 has $600 USD trade in value towards A71 5G on T-Mobile. If you have an American friend looking to get a S8 for trade in purpose, you might want to help him/her out.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14215904-t-mob ... ommentsBox
Nov 24, 2006
394 posts
197 upvotes
london
Just curious how do people know costco's online inventory levels?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3268 posts
3463 upvotes
spyhero wrote: Your S8 has $600 USD trade in value towards A71 5G on T-Mobile. If you have an American friend looking to get a S8 for trade in purpose, you might want to help him/her out.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14215904-t-mob ... ommentsBox
Even with a cracked screen and a messed up speaker !!
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3268 posts
3463 upvotes
shaolin_x wrote: Just curious how do people know costco's online inventory levels?
Type 999 at the quantity and click add to cart. Magic
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3268 posts
3463 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: I would personally go for the Redmi note 9 pro. Sameish price, better specs in every category. Yes you have to ship from China. If you don't want delays, you can go for DHL delivery. Also, Xiaomi does a good job at updates and is a year newer..
Do they have smaller than the note ? Something under 6" diag?
Aug 1, 2009
114 posts
20 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: Good day everyone,
I was looking for a phone to replace a current S8 that is functioning great, just had enough visits to the ground and started to exhibit some behavioral issues.

This phone has great specs, quality, and price. Note that you can't find it cheaper anywhere else, even on Motorola's website -OOS anyways-.

I called the warehouse to see if they sell it there, and it is not.

Sells in both colors, Sapphire and Bronze. Both below:

https://costco.ca/moto-one-vision-unloc ... 75592.html (84 Left at the time of posting)
https://www.costco.ca/moto-one-vision-u ... 75596.html (36 Left at the time of posting)
I got the same phone 2 months ago for $240.00CAD from Koodo Mobile less $100.00 in Visa gift cards (2yrs) My LG 3 was acting up. I wanted a Samsung A70 but their supply dried up magically.
Its like pixel 3 for camera performance (OIS), Pixel count does not mean quality, it the physical size of the capture element regardless of the processing.
I think Costco is a liquidator for end of product lines just like some of the stuff at other retailers.
Nov 24, 2006
394 posts
197 upvotes
london
Just curious how do people know costco's online inventory levels?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1077 posts
508 upvotes
Markham
shaolin_x wrote: Just curious how do people know costco's online inventory levels?
You try to add 999 items to your cart and it will show.
Jan 25, 2013
118 posts
100 upvotes
4GB of RAM is a dealbreaker for me. I won’t be getting anything less than 6 in my next phone. My current phone has 3GB and the vast majority of that gets eaten up by Android’s OS.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3268 posts
3463 upvotes
Collegiate wrote: 4GB of RAM is a dealbreaker for me. I won’t be getting anything less than 6 in my next phone. My current phone has 3GB and the vast majority of that gets eaten up by Android’s OS.
Are you serious ? 4GB RAM is way more than enough. What are you doing on your phone that requires 6 GB of RAM?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13052 posts
3528 upvotes
RFD
ProfProcyon wrote: did u buy that one? Seems like a good price for a phone that just came out.
Seriously pay $90 for the G8 Power and get 1000 mAh larger battery, 1GB more RAM, 32GB more capacity, better screen and higher resolution, better cameras...its worth it.
Last edited by radeonboy on Aug 9th, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13052 posts
3528 upvotes
RFD
Collegiate wrote: 4GB of RAM is a dealbreaker for me. I won’t be getting anything less than 6 in my next phone. My current phone has 3GB and the vast majority of that gets eaten up by Android’s OS.
This is true. iOS handles RAM way better than Android. If this was iOS then 4GB is plenty enough (even 3GB).
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1086 posts
308 upvotes
GTA
PriceHunter wrote: Even with a cracked screen and a messed up speaker !!
No, not with physical damange.
Jan 25, 2013
118 posts
100 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: Are you serious ? 4GB RAM is way more than enough. What are you doing on your phone that requires 6 GB of RAM?
Actually not much of anything! My primary device of usage is an iPad Mini, so my phone is used for little more than photography and sharing via FB. But I’m finding more and more that unless my phone is fairly frequently restarted, it will get sluggish opening the camera app. I checked Memory just now on my phone just now and it says the average memory use is 2.4GB and I’ve barely used it all day today. Most of it is Android OS and System UI and Google/services. My point is even with 3GB, there is very very little wiggle room and I wouldn’t settle for 4GB in a brand new phone.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1474 posts
1090 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
stephroll wrote: Exynos no thanks. Save $40 and go with the Moto G Power
Nothing wrong with Exynos in general, but this particular Exynos 9609 isn't great