Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Costco.ca: Motorola Edge+ $999.99 ($500 off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 10:17 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 12, 2020
5 posts
15 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Motorola Edge+ $999.99 ($500 off)

https://www.costco.ca/moto-edge%2b-unlo ... 74381.html

$500 off unlocked Motorola Edge+ at costco.ca
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 13th, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
20 replies
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 12, 2020
5 posts
15 upvotes
For those that have this a thumbs down. It's an amazing deal. Carriers sell it outright for $2000. Costco has it cheaper at $1500 plus a $500 discount. Dropping it to $1k.

I own it and love it!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3708 posts
877 upvotes
Never heard
Of this phone. But specs look amazing!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 13, 2005
1029 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No IP rating, bad low light camera, Motorola initially promised only one Android update and after negative media revised their statement to two Android updates which is still questionable.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
10838 posts
82703 upvotes
Ontario
sebt1336 wrote: For those that have this a thumbs down. It's an amazing deal. Carriers sell it outright for $2000. Costco has it cheaper at $1500 plus a $500 discount. Dropping it to $1k.

I own it and love it!
no. its a bad phone.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2017
155 posts
123 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: no. its a bad phone.
Not really bad, just overpriced. Should be regular ~$800ish
Sr. Member
May 2, 2019
507 posts
715 upvotes
That curved edge is even more aggressive than Samsung phones, hard pass.
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 12, 2020
5 posts
15 upvotes
EEE2 wrote: Never heard
Of this phone. But specs look amazing!
It really is amazing. Many are too quick to judge without testing it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 28, 2007
7884 posts
4526 upvotes
Alberta
No way I would spend $1000 on a Motorola phone when I can get a Samsung Sxx for the same price.
Banned
User avatar
Oct 8, 2020
606 posts
493 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: No way I would spend $1000 on a Motorola phone when I can get a Samsung Sxx for the same price.
Can you explain why the Samsung is better than the Motorola?

I don't know how the CPUs compare but the rest the Motor seems superior.

Galaxy S20
With 128 GB
Rear Camera - Resolution 64.0 MP + 12.0 MP + 12.0 MP
Front Camera - Resolution 10.0 MP
Battery = 4,000 mAh
Price is is $1,250

Motorola has
Main rear camera: 108 MP Quad Pixel with OIS, 16 MP Ultra-Wide + Macro, 8 MP 3x Telephoto with OIS
Front camera: 25 MP Quad Pixel
Battery = 5,000 mAh
Price is $999
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 12, 2020
5 posts
15 upvotes
NikolaZrinski wrote: Can you explain why the Samsung is better than the Motorola?

I don't know how the CPUs compare but the rest the Motor seems superior.

Galaxy S20
With 128 GB
Rear Camera - Resolution 64.0 MP + 12.0 MP + 12.0 MP
Front Camera - Resolution 10.0 MP
Battery = 4,000 mAh
Price is is $1,250

Motorola has
Main rear camera: 108 MP Quad Pixel with OIS, 16 MP Ultra-Wide + Macro, 8 MP 3x Telephoto with OIS
Front camera: 25 MP Quad Pixel
Battery = 5,000 mAh
Price is $999
Edge+ also has 256GB
Member
Sep 1, 2008
245 posts
120 upvotes
If you're spending this much you might as well go for a proper flagship with Apple or Samsung. Alternative brands are not worth $1k+, let alone the $1500 MSRP.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1802 posts
1444 upvotes
Montreal
venkymama wrote: is it good ? or wait for boxing day ?
The chance it will be lower at BF or BD, slim to zero
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
3101 posts
3040 upvotes
Montreal, QC
zenpher wrote: If you're spending this much you might as well go for a proper flagship with Apple or Samsung. Alternative brands are not worth $1k+, let alone the $1500 MSRP.
Too bad Apple and Samsung are the only 2 banned cell phone brands in my household :rolleyes:
I hate the whole apple ecosystem (personal reasons), and I don't see why Samsung can't just leave android alone and stop trying to make it look like something else. All their customizations make for a really crappy experience. Great hardware but software kills it. Moto is nearly the closest thing to stock android that you can get, and it works.
I have 4 active Moto phones in my home and for the price I paid for them, I am super happy. I could not see myself spending $1K+ for a cell phone anyhow. To each their own.

Not saying I like the Edge+ (curved screen could be annoying) but I have not tried it yet.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
11202 posts
5287 upvotes
Bad deal, Ive tested this phone for a couple weeks and all though its a decent phone with good specs,for $1000 that should be the regular price not a sale price.
Maybe $700 would be worth a shot.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Banned
User avatar
Oct 8, 2020
606 posts
493 upvotes
Emporium wrote: I hate the whole apple ecosystem
Apple has great tech but Apple is the new face of Tech-Fascism.
I can't believe Apple can't put a MicroSD slot on a $1,000 phone or a $1,500 laptop.
Totally absurd.
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1268 posts
1083 upvotes
Airdrie
Looks like the same specs as my Note 10+ and I think for a similar outright price... not bad, not mind blowing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
3101 posts
3040 upvotes
Montreal, QC
NikolaZrinski wrote: Apple has great tech but Apple is the new face of Tech-Fascism.
I can't believe Apple can't put a MicroSD slot on a $1,000 phone or a $1,500 laptop.
Totally absurd.
Obviously we all know it is not that they can't. But they don't want to, since that way there would be no reason to get a bigger and better phone every 2 years..
Just one of the many reasons I don't buy into that ecosystem. Last apple device that we ever had in my home was a great old iphone 3G which never got anything past ios 4.2. And forcing you to use iTunes or jump through hoops. That is cruel.
Been apple free for nearly 10yrs, and don't regret it :)

Top