Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Motorola Edge+ $999.99 ($500 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 10:17 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2273 posts
1769 upvotes
Montreal, QC
zenpher wrote: If you're spending this much you might as well go for a proper flagship with Apple or Samsung. Alternative brands are not worth $1k+, let alone the $1500 MSRP.
Too bad Apple and Samsung are the only 2 banned cell phone brands in my household :rolleyes:
I hate the whole apple ecosystem (personal reasons), and I don't see why Samsung can't just leave android alone and stop trying to make it look like something else. All their customizations make for a really crappy experience. Great hardware but software kills it. Moto is nearly the closest thing to stock android that you can get, and it works.
I have 4 active Moto phones in my home and for the price I paid for them, I am super happy. I could not see myself spending $1K+ for a cell phone anyhow. To each their own.

Not saying I like the Edge+ (curved screen could be annoying) but I have not tried it yet.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10449 posts
4855 upvotes
Bad deal, Ive tested this phone for a couple weeks and all though its a decent phone with good specs,for $1000 that should be the regular price not a sale price.
Maybe $700 would be worth a shot.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Oct 8, 2020
128 posts
97 upvotes
Emporium wrote: I hate the whole apple ecosystem
Apple has great tech but Apple is the new face of Tech-Fascism.
I can't believe Apple can't put a MicroSD slot on a $1,000 phone or a $1,500 laptop.
Totally absurd.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1044 posts
759 upvotes
Airdrie
Looks like the same specs as my Note 10+ and I think for a similar outright price... not bad, not mind blowing.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2273 posts
1769 upvotes
Montreal, QC
NikolaZrinski wrote: Apple has great tech but Apple is the new face of Tech-Fascism.
I can't believe Apple can't put a MicroSD slot on a $1,000 phone or a $1,500 laptop.
Totally absurd.
Obviously we all know it is not that they can't. But they don't want to, since that way there would be no reason to get a bigger and better phone every 2 years..
Just one of the many reasons I don't buy into that ecosystem. Last apple device that we ever had in my home was a great old iphone 3G which never got anything past ios 4.2. And forcing you to use iTunes or jump through hoops. That is cruel.
Been apple free for nearly 10yrs, and don't regret it :)
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3153 posts
685 upvotes
well... this is the Edge+ version which does NOT have the microSD expansion slot... the downgrade Edge version which has the 64mp camera has the microSD expansion slot

But I agree... even at $1000 is a bit much but then again, all these "flagship" phone are overpriced in my opinion... I can't seem to find my perfect phone at $500 Face With Tears Of Joy
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂