Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca: Nellies Laundry Nuggets 350pk $63.99 **Starts Aug 3**

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2020 2:38 pm
Jan 26, 2004
367 posts
231 upvotes
Georgetown
I bought the Nelly's laundry tub (1100 load) around 4 years ago. I still have almost 20% left in it. I think this will easily last me till mid 2021.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
2178 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Swerny wrote: Like all pods,, you’re definitely paying for convenience with these nuggets.

The regular Costco price of the Powder 4 pack is $60 for 400 washes

https://www.costco.ca/nellie%e2%80%99s- ... 51965.html

The pail is even cheaper, and it goes on sale once a year

Nellie’s Bulk Laundry Soda https://www.costco.ca/nellie%e2%80%99s- ... 34416.html
Nelly's laundry tub (1100 load) goes on sale for how much?
"Our lives are defined by opportunities. Even the ones we miss."
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3316 posts
529 upvotes
GVR
shawn99 wrote: Nelly's laundry tub (1100 load) goes on sale for how much?
$91.99 for the big tub I believe. Was a bit cheaper in the past but that was the most recent sale price.
Mar 25, 2018
401 posts
489 upvotes
Just curious. Is this better than popular brand like tide? Any reason to buy this over them?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3316 posts
529 upvotes
GVR
NuF518600 wrote: Just curious. Is this better than popular brand like tide? Any reason to buy this over them?
Mainly that it's hypoallergenic and scent free. You are going to give up the typical synthetic "laundry" scents you get with stuff like Tide and they don't have the same cleaning power as the more advanced Tide detergents but if you have sensitive skin and allergies, this detergent is a better choice.

Economics wise, if you go with the Nellie's big tub I think you pay quite a bit less per load compared to Tide powder but I could be wrong.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3754 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just as a warning, the reviews on Amazon of this product aren't great.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1859 posts
744 upvotes
My wife says she doesn't like the pods since she varies the amount of powder depending on the load.

We're a family of 6 and just finished our 1st pail after 5 years. In true RFD spirit, I bought two pails when they were on sale for $79.99. We're set for another 5 years.

BTW, my wife loves the stuff!
She really likes the stain remover stick.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2488 upvotes
Too bad the tub is not on sale. Just finished one after a couple of years.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9277 posts
5104 upvotes
Genblue wrote: My wife says she doesn't like the pods since she varies the amount of powder depending on the load.

We're a family of 6 and just finished our 1st pail after 5 years. In true RFD spirit, I bought two pails when they were on sale for $79.99. We're set for another 5 years.

BTW, my wife loves the stuff!
She really likes the stain remover stick.
I also like to vary the amount of detergent we use so might not be interested in the pods which force you use to a prescribed amount.

Can you elaborate on the stain remover stick?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1859 posts
744 upvotes
choclover wrote: Can you elaborate on the stain remover stick?
It came as part of the starters kit:

https://www.costco.ca/nellie%e2%80%99s- ... 12109.html

Nellie's WOW Stick Stain Remover:
Derived from natural ingredients that do not contain dyes or synthetic fragrances
Contains lemongrass and sweet orange oils, which work in combination with the cleansing ingredients to combat odours caused by the offending stain
Feb 7, 2014
282 posts
99 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I bought some starter packs of Nellie's years ago and I still have the powder in a smaller pail. I prefer the bulk and don't mind scooping what I need. I have had bad instances w/powdered pods not dissolving properly in the wash and leaving hard soap clumps after the washing is done.

Is Nellie's bulk powder ready to go on sale soon or did I miss it?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9277 posts
5104 upvotes
WeeDub wrote: I bought some starter packs of Nellie's years ago and I still have the powder in a smaller pail. I prefer the bulk and don't mind scooping what I need. I have had bad instances w/powdered pods not dissolving properly in the wash and leaving hard soap clumps after the washing is done.

Is Nellie's bulk powder ready to go on sale soon or did I miss it?
I think the sale starts at Costco on August 3rd.
Mar 2, 2009
589 posts
316 upvotes
When does the big pail go on sale usually?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1971 posts
666 upvotes
Ottawa
choclover wrote: I think the sale starts at Costco on August 3rd.
derdev wrote: When does the big pail go on sale usually?
August 3 according to the person above.
Mar 2, 2009
589 posts
316 upvotes
Does Costco ever have Nelie's in store? Or it is only online?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1647 posts
7723 upvotes
This seems super expensive, no? You can do 100 Loads with Arm & Hammer Sensitive for $5.97 (when it's on sale). That would be equivalent of $20.90 for 350 loads. That makes Arm & Hammer 32.65% cheaper than this Nellies stuff!

What does Nellies do that makes it worth this premium?? Thinking FaceThinking FaceThinking Face
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1494 posts
2148 upvotes
Toronto
derdev wrote: Does Costco ever have Nelie's in store? Or it is only online?
I have never seen it in store.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2702 posts
1581 upvotes
YVR
Long time user. Used both the powder and the nuggets. I prefer the powder a lot more and won't be buying the nuggets again. Found that the nugget "case" doesn't fully dissolve at times. Also doesn't allow you to vary the amount of detergent for smaller loads/delicate loads etc.

I also use the powder to hand small items in the sink. Having powder is a lot more convenient
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3539 upvotes
derdev wrote: Does Costco ever have Nelie's in store? Or it is only online?
I’ve seen it, but it’s one of those booths that get set up in the store. And there’s always a person working at the booth. It’s only for a set amount of time, like a month.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2702 posts
1581 upvotes
YVR
Balduno wrote: I’ve seen it, but it’s one of those booths that get set up in the store. And there’s always a person working at the booth. It’s only for a set amount of time, like a month.
Yea, but I think its been awhile since I've seen a Nellie's one. Checking the event schedule , looks like only Pink Solution in the cleaning field