Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca: Nellies Laundry Nuggets 350pk $63.99 **Starts Aug 3**

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2020 2:38 pm
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3539 upvotes
TeriyakiJack wrote: Yea, but I think its been awhile since I've seen a Nellie's one. Checking the event schedule , looks like only Pink Solution in the cleaning field
It definitely wasn’t this year. It was last year. Covid probably had an impact.
Jul 31, 2017
105 posts
20 upvotes
I bought a big tub of the Nellie's when it went on sale at Costco. I have to say, I'm not a fan of its cleaning power. It doesn't clean as well as Tide or similar brands. Especially noticeable when washing workout gear.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1365 posts
689 upvotes
Edmonton
I have enough other laundry detergent to last me half a decade. The Kirkland softener has been going many years strong but has evaporated enough that it doesn't dissolve unless I dilute first (sticks to compartment). Learned my lesson not to buy bulk. Therefore, I just wanna warn about pods, that depending on the pod, it may not dissolve in a front-loader if you leave it too long. I haven't used Nellie's, but I had a bag of powder pods (Oxiclean or Purex? It was a blue bag.) for a few years and it wouldn't dissolve. I gave up and actually punctured a hole and put it in the detergent tray with the hot water setting. It eventually dissolves that way, with some prodding. I haven't had a problem with other brands which I've had for a few years, though. So, if it takes you a long time to go through a tub, I would be wary of pods. Issue with liquid pods, too. The coating will disintegrate. This also goes for dishwasher tablets.

Of course, powders harden over time too, but at least it's easy to chop up.
Jan 31, 2007
510 posts
334 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: Bought the same bucket couple of years ago b/c of RFD forum and only used a quarter so far. I guess I won't need another one for 6 years... lol.
+1. I don’t think I’ll need any until 2040
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3353 posts
1140 upvotes
Toronto
buttertarts wrote: I bought a big tub of the Nellie's when it went on sale at Costco. I have to say, I'm not a fan of its cleaning power. It doesn't clean as well as Tide or similar brands. Especially noticeable when washing workout gear.
it's a compromise for those that suffer from skin/scent sensitivity.

get both. heavily soiled clothing, use Tide. not so heavily soiled clothing, use Nellie.