Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: NewAge Products Pro Series 3.0 10-piece Grey Cabinet Set $2500

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2021 10:51 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4369 posts
2943 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: NewAge Products Pro Series 3.0 10-piece Grey Cabinet Set $2500

This isn't going to be a deal that many people will jump on, but I believe the price is very good and may even be a price error.

There are several major retailers to purchase NewAge cabinets from, but Costco typically has the best prices. Between costco.ca and costco.com, all NewAge sets are priced proportionally given the CAD to USD conversion rate however, this 10-piece Pro set is the same price on costco.com as it is on costco.ca. Click HERE for the costco.com set. $2500usd is roughly equivalent $3125cad so it could be a potential $700ish savings when you factor in the tax.

There are smaller and cheaper sets, but the Pro series uses higher gauge steel than the Bold series and for the total volume of storage that this set has, I think that it is a great set if you're in the market and can handle the price tag.

EDIT: If you are interested in a less expensive option, @mlkemac found THIS 9-piece Bold set for $1300 being sold directly from NewAge which is also a very good deal.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Apr 22nd, 2021 10:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
60 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4369 posts
2943 upvotes
If I can further help someone part with a few thousand dollars, here it is...

https://www.costco.ca/newage-products-p ... 46110.html

The above 7-piece Pro set (currently OOS) is $3200. The difference between the 7-piece and 10-piece sets are 2 wall cabinets and 1 bamboo butcher block compared to 4 wall cabinets and 2 butcher blocks. The 7-piece set does include a piece of slatwall and hook kit which is not included in the 10-piece set, but considering the $700 price difference, the 10-piece set is the clear choice. On costco.com, the 7-piece and 10-piece sets are both $2500usd which is what leads me to believe that the 10-piece set is priced incorrectly on costco.ca.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Apr 17th, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2018
95 posts
75 upvotes
If I wasn't going to put a polyaspartic floor and a gas heater into my garage I'd be into this!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4369 posts
2943 upvotes
DIY_Tanker wrote: If I wasn't going to put a polyaspartic floor and a gas heater into my garage I'd be into this!
Ya, $2500 is still a lot of money regardless of how good a deal it is. I had placed the order a few days ago, but cancelled it - still waiting for a cancellation confirmation, but won't be too upset if they do end up getting shipped. My detached garage is unfinished and I have no idea when I will get around to finishing it and would need to store the cabinets somewhere until that time. Also, the way my luck usually works on this type of thing is that I receive it and then a short time later, I come across a fantastic deal on a used set.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2005
2067 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
This is a great deal. Thanks OP
Aug 11, 2005
54 posts
76 upvotes
Bought a Bold kit a few years ago. Love it.

Check the final prices against the official website. They do not charge provincial taxes for people outside of Ontario. Saved 10% just because of the Quebec tax not being charged VS Costco.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2540 posts
1733 upvotes
GTA
This set weighs over 1100 lbs? How is that even possible? Just the shipping costs would be killer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4369 posts
2943 upvotes
Britex wrote: This set weighs over 1100 lbs? How is that even possible? Just the shipping costs would be killer.
It gets delivered on a pallet. If you get a nice delivery guy, they might wheel the pallet in as far as they can with their pallet jack, but expect to have to deal with it at the exact spot where the truck is parked.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Apr 17th, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5181 posts
4153 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I don't need this, I don't need this, I don't need this........
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8567 posts
3341 upvotes
Toronto
DIY_Tanker wrote: If I wasn't going to put a polyaspartic floor and a gas heater into my garage I'd be into this!
Doing it yourself or hiring out?
Sep 12, 2013
173 posts
88 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought my Blue Performance Plus set 4 years ago directly from NewAge. Still love it.
The model was slightly different back then and no longer available. The small cabinets were open top with gas struts. These failed and Newage could not replace since EOL. They sent me a cheque instead and got the parts from Amazon.
Nov 12, 2018
95 posts
75 upvotes
Variability wrote: Doing it yourself or hiring out?
Doing it myself. Saves 50% of the cost.
A quality kit will run you ~1k plus crack fill, grinder rental and other assorted comsumables.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4369 posts
2943 upvotes
mlkemac wrote: https://ca.shopnewage.com/products/bold ... 0487820355

Is this the same product? Seems to be half the price

Edit
I realize it's a different model now. Is this one worth getting? Assuming the quality is lower.
The Bold series uses 24 gauge steel while the Pro series uses 18 gauge. Also, the Pro cabinets can hold more weight and are bigger so the total volume of storage space in a Pro series set will be considerably more than a Bold set if the number of pieces is the same. The Pro series has extra little perks like slow close hinges and LED lights under the wall cabinets too.

Costco has THIS set go on sale occasionally for $1200. The set in your link has one more drawer cabinet and is only $100 extra so I would say it is a very good price as well.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1138 posts
322 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Perfect timing. Was just about to purchase a 9-piece set off their website.

Was looking for a stainless top but may be cheaper to go this route instead.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4369 posts
2943 upvotes
richuwo11 wrote: Perfect timing. Was just about to purchase a 9-piece set off their website.

Was looking for a stainless top but may be cheaper to go this route instead.
Most reviews I have seen say to go with the bamboo top. The stainless steel is just a thin layer over top of a core material (bamboo maybe?). It scratches and dents fairly easily from what I've read.
Apr 12, 2017
77 posts
69 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Most reviews I have seen say to go with the bamboo top. The stainless steel is just a thin layer over top of a core material (bamboo maybe?). It scratches and dents fairly easily from what I've read.
Was just going to say this. I got the bold 3 5 piece set 2 years ago and went with the stainless steel top. While it looks nice it does scratch real easy. I don't use it for anything crazy or heavy duty and have lots of scratches. If I could redo it I'd go with the bamboo top.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1138 posts
322 upvotes
Oakville, ON
xtreme883 wrote: Was just going to say this. I got the bold 3 5 piece set 2 years ago and went with the stainless steel top. While it looks nice it does scratch real easy. I don't use it for anything crazy or heavy duty and have lots of scratches. If I could redo it I'd go with the bamboo top.
The Pro stainless steel top is almost triple the price of the Bold one. So you would think there would be a difference. The website doesn't provide enough detail in regards to the differences other than the Pro being slightly longer at 84 inches vs. 72 inches. Anyone have experience with the Pro stainless top? I've had bad experiences in the past in the house with bamboo countertops, so I was leaning towards SS.

Edit - just found a FAQ that stated the SS worktop is plywood wrapped with SS. No mention of the thickness of the SS wrap.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4369 posts
2943 upvotes
richuwo11 wrote: The Pro stainless steel top is almost triple the price of the Bold one. So you would think there would be a difference. The website doesn't provide enough detail in regards to the differences other than the Pro being slightly longer at 84 inches vs. 72 inches.
On the USA NewAge website, the prices for the SS Bold (72") and SS Pro (84") worktop is $250 and $350 respectively. Strange that the Bold worktop would be cheaper on the Canadian site while the SS top would be considerably more expensive. Also note that the Pro worktop is deeper and thicker than the Bold worktop.