Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Locked: Costco.ca Northfork Meats Wild Boar Ground Meat 10lbs 69.99 delivered after $50 off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2021 11:38 am
[OP]
May 25, 2010
351 posts
170 upvotes
BC

[Costco] Costco.ca Northfork Meats Wild Boar Ground Meat 10lbs 69.99 delivered after $50 off

Costco day 12 days of deals on day 5, today, Dec 4, 2021, has an one day sale on the delicious Wild Boar Ground Meat for sale at 69.99 delivered via UPS 2nd Day Air to ensure you receive the meat is still frozen in the package. Total 10lbs of meat is divided into 5 individual small package for convenience.

This is a one day sale. Valid for orders placed 12/04/21.

Descriptions from costco.ca:

For centuries wild boar meat has been a delicacy enjoyed by the aristocracy of Europe. Now produced in North America, it is increasingly sought after by chefs and consumers looking for unique flavor. Although you may expect it to resemble pork, wild boar is a dark red meat. Wild boar is lean and high in protein. For these reasons, wild boar proves to be an awesome value for today’s health conscious consumers.

Features:
  • 5 x 0.97 kg (2 lb.)
  • High in protein
  • Lean meat
  • Federally inspected
  • From free-range raised, no additives or hormones added to the diet
Instructions for members upon receiving product:
  • Open immediately upon arrival
  • Packing should be intact (no damaged seal, leaks, etc.)
  • Product temperature should be verified with a calibrated thermometer as 4°C (39.2°F) or below
  • Frozen product that has thawed should not be re-frozen
  • Product should be refrigerated or frozen immediately upon receiving and verification of temperature
Ingredients: 100% wild boar

Shipping Note: This item contains food and is being delivered frozen. Please ensure to plan accordingly to receive delivery to maintain integrity and safety of the product(s).

Image Image
Share:
34 replies
Nov 12, 2011
321 posts
237 upvotes
What's the best way to prepare so that the unique wild boar flavor can be appreciated?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1013 posts
1283 upvotes
Arkham
do you know if it arrives in flat package or sphere shape as the above pic? the latter might be troublesome for my freezer
Mar 14, 2009
451 posts
639 upvotes
Halifax
I find these farmed (fenced and fed) "wild" meats to be pretty mild in flavour generally. Truly wild boar is insanely tasty.

Reviews look good though so will try at this price!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
6439 posts
4326 upvotes
Toronto
Mmmmmmmm....

Ordered!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5216 posts
1474 upvotes
Interested but concerned about delivery.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Nov 10, 2013
408 posts
359 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
AvacadoLover wrote: What's the best way to prepare so that the unique wild boar flavor can be appreciated?
You can try adding fresh urine, so it tastes like real wild male boar ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4766 posts
4211 upvotes
GTA
gobseck wrote: You can try adding fresh urine, so it tastes like real wild male boar ;)
What was this for? I don't find your fetish that funny...
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2621 posts
1355 upvotes
Been waiting for the bison to drop in price. It’s only going $20 off though, not 50 :(
Nov 9, 2014
480 posts
403 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
cartfan123 wrote: You can just go catch yourself your own wild boar in Pickering these days.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-work ... -1.5666739
Joking aside, real wild pigs in Canada is an environmental disaster. Hunting them doesn't reduce the population, it just scatters the groups and makes them nocturnal.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
6439 posts
4326 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote: What was this for? I don't find your fetish that funny...
If you don't have a sense of humour, one might be inclined to point out that you are boaring.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4766 posts
4211 upvotes
GTA
shikotee wrote: If you don't have a sense of humour, one might be inclined to point out that you are boaring.
Have enough sense of humor to find your comment cleaver and funny, but sorry- peeing in my food, is not my thing.
Jan 13, 2008
491 posts
469 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Thanks OP! Going down fast, only 35 remaining!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
6439 posts
4326 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote: Have enough sense of humor to find your comment cleaver and funny, but sorry- peeing in my food, is not my thing.
Well, urine for a surprise.

My read was it was hunting humour.
Boar urine is sold and used to attract Wild Boar.
https://www.codebluescents.com/boar-hog-urine

No one was seriously suggesting to add urine into a recipe.
Sep 29, 2009
468 posts
409 upvotes
Kitchener
shikotee wrote: Well, urine for a surprise.

My read was it was hunting humour.
Boar urine is sold and used to attract Wild Boar.
https://www.codebluescents.com/boar-hog-urine

No one was seriously suggesting to add urine into a recipe.
Exactly! To be serious, I would add a large sprinkle of fresh black pepper. A splash of Worcestershire sauce can help bring out the savory notes. If you’re a real wizz, consider allspice. Don’t add too much, or you may have to flush out the allspice flavor with a bit of sherry vinegar. The number one rule with wild boar is to let nature call and not add to many strong streams of spices to distract from the meat!
May 2, 2019
524 posts
902 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: What was this for? I don't find your fetish that funny...
Why are you so dense? You must be fun at parties. Can’t even handle a joke smh.
Dec 8, 2006
534 posts
251 upvotes
Scarborough
All gone! :(
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1145 posts
566 upvotes
Loving this thread! Joke after joke :P

It feels like a Canadian reddit!
Jan 13, 2013
690 posts
415 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess this wouldn't restock throughout the day? Bummer, I didn't even know Costco sold this.