Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca: Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard, Mouse and Mouse Pad Bundle $89.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2022 10:49 am
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4289 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco.ca: Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard, Mouse and Mouse Pad Bundle $89.97

Clearance item. Looks decent for a keyboard, mouse and mousepad.

Wired gaming backlight keyboard
Clicky mechanical switches
Basilisk V2 ergonomic gaming mouse
Sphex V2 mini gaming mouse mat

Only 25 left at time of posting.
Images
  • Screenshot 2022-12-08 075651.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 8th, 2022 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
7 replies
Sep 30, 2022
203 posts
455 upvotes
Lol 2 1-star reviews.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Mar 6, 2019
608 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
Misleading, it’s not a mechanical keyboard it’s a membrane keyboard.

You can get better deals on Boxing Day IMO
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2022
1067 posts
1363 upvotes
To be fair, one of the reviews was complaining about the price point at $220.

At $90, it's not a bad deal actually if you're still into wired components. The Ornata V2 is actually one of the best feeling keyboards out there despite it being a membrane keyboard. It's low profile, the clicky buttons have a good feel to them, not annoying, and it has a small volume scroll wheel which is must for me nowadays. Most of the Best Buys have this keyboard on display and I was tempted to buy it alone at $80.

I might just give this a shot mainly for the keyboard, the wired mouse can be used as a backup/emergency mouse.
Mar 6, 2019
608 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
Huey952 wrote: To be fair, one of the reviews was complaining about the price point at $220.

At $90, it's not a bad deal actually if you're still into wired components. The Ornata V2 is actually one of the best feeling keyboards out there despite it being a membrane keyboard. It's low profile, the clicky buttons have a good feel to them, not annoying, and it has a small volume scroll wheel which is must for me nowadays. Most of the Best Buys have this keyboard on display and I was tempted to buy it alone at $80.

I might just give this a shot mainly for the keyboard, the wired mouse can be used as a backup/emergency mouse.
You can find better deals out there in this price range, if I were in your shoes I would wait for Boxing Day.

Black Friday had the Corsair K60 (an actual mechanical board) for $50 at Best Buy, One of Zero had the Glorious GMMK v1 for $60 shipped.

Pair that with one of the many mice Best Buy (G305, G502, Deathadder) or One of Zero (Xtrfy) had on sale for $20-40, alongside a cheap mousepad, and you’ve made a MUCH better bundle for close to the same price.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2022
1067 posts
1363 upvotes
OleSolskjaer wrote: You can find better deals out there in this price range, if I were in your shoes I would wait for Boxing Day.

Black Friday had the Corsair K60 (an actual mechanical board) for $50 at Best Buy, One of Zero had the Glorious GMMK v1 for $60 shipped.

Pair that with one of the many mice Best Buy (G305, G502, Deathadder) or One of Zero (Xtrfy) had on sale for $20-40, alongside a cheap mousepad, and you’ve made a MUCH better bundle for close to the same price.
No doubt, however when it comes down to the feel of a keyboard, it's not about price or how good of a discount. I'm a keyboard and mice junkie. I probably have 10 keyboards and 20 mice but am only use 2 keyboards right now; a Logitech G915 TKL and a Logitech MX Keys (to be phased out). I also own a Keychron and a GMMK, so have tried them all.

I've tried many mechanical keyboards in the $300 range which did not resonate with me, so when it comes to keyboards, feel is extremely important. Interestingly, a lot of Ornata owners feel the same way, they just love the feel of it over the more expensive mechanical keyboards. As I stated, I almost bought the Ornata alone at $80 so for an extra $10 with mouse and pad, why not.

As for the mice, I've just ordered the Logitech MX Master 3s for work and the G Pro X Superlight for gaming, both wireless. Also have an older Death Adder wired, MX Anywhere 3 etc. I'll likely give this Basilisk V2 mouse away to a family member since I won't need it.
May 4, 2021
90 posts
199 upvotes
This is still a fairly solid deal despite not being as good as the Staples clearance of the Homerun bundle, which had the same keyboard with a Deathadder V2, Kraken V3 X and Gigantus V2 mouse pad for $100.

The Basilisk V2 mouse is a G502 clone, but has optical switches, meaning you will never have double-clicking. It also has an adjustable-tension scroll wheel, allowing you to set precisely how stiff or loose you want the scrolling to be. These are the two features which I personally like best about this mouse.

Overall, I would say Razer build quality is a notch below Logitech, but for this price it's worth at least trying out. Costco return policy would have you covered.
OleSolskjaer wrote: You can find better deals out there in this price range, if I were in your shoes I would wait for Boxing Day.

Good suggestions, although not everything has to be mechanical vs. membrane when it comes to keyboards. It's hard to not recommend mechanical once you actually use one, but most people typically don't care. If the Ornata V2 feels good, then just use it like the other poster said.