Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca: Salton Slim Induction Cooktop - $44.99 ($10 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2021 5:56 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1338 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] Costco.ca: Salton Slim Induction Cooktop - $44.99 ($10 off)

Decent portable 1500W induction cooktop, backed up by Costco's solid return policy warranty.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 5th, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
no sig
72 replies
Nov 3, 2003
604 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
$39.99 in store at Queensway.
Sep 27, 2009
777 posts
530 upvotes
Sask, Canada
I have a different Salton induction cooktop from Costco and it works great. Although the size of the element is deceiving. Mine shows two rings just like this one but the element is only the size of the inner ring. So if you use a larger 12" pan only the center portion will get any heat. If you are trying to sear meat you will find out very quickly you can only use the center of the pan. Works great in general though.
Jan 8, 2006
188 posts
157 upvotes
Edmonton
$39.99 in Edmonton South.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
Mind you that this cooktop is a "slim" model so in addition to being thinner (thickness), it sits lower on surfaces (meaning: its cooling system might be weaker than equivalent thicker frame units -- its fan might be smaller. Thicker units usually have longer legs -- bigger ground clearance allow better ventilation). It's also a 1500W model, the regular 1800W model is $10 (or $15?) more expensive, IINM.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Dec 22, 2011
617 posts
743 upvotes
Will get one ,since it’s cheaper than Walmart at this point
DBA4B563-4096-49D5-B708-2C33C735E406.jpeg
Last edited by battlezone on Jan 10th, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1316 posts
488 upvotes
DraKoLich wrote: Bought this specifically for hot pot. Works well.
+1 for hot pot, been using this for last 3 years.
Mar 14, 2018
864 posts
1207 upvotes
JL2002 wrote: +1 for hot pot, been using this for last 3 years.
They used to come with the hot pot too. I still have mine.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4021 posts
2372 upvotes
Ottawa
aviador wrote: Mind you that this cooktop is a "slim" model so in addition to being thinner (thickness), it sits lower on surfaces (meaning: its cooling system might be weaker than equivalent thicker frame units -- its fan might be smaller. Thicker units usually have longer legs -- bigger ground clearance allow better ventilation). It's also a 1500W model, the regular 1800W model is $10 (or $15?) more expensive, IINM.
Definitely go for the one that has more power. Makes boiling water for hot pot just a tad bit quicker.
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
We have the Salton "Portable" 1800W induction stove that looks about the same this one. Bought it at Costco a few yrs back at about the same price.

Great little stove. We also have a duxtop 1800W and the Salton is far superior. It heats things much quicker, at least 25% quicker. Both wifey and I noticed it right away independent of each other. Not sure why because induction technology is pretty simple and shouldn't vary much. The soft touch buttons are much nicer to use than the membrane ones on the duxtop. Fan noise is about the same on both -- similar to a microwave. In our kitchen the stoves are side by side but we use the Salton almost exclusively.
Russia/Putin/Cronies must pay for all damages to Ukraine and her people. Let's start with seized assets
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
kbear99 wrote: We have the Salton "Portable" 1800W induction stove that looks about the same this one. Bought it at Costco a few yrs back at about the same price.

Great little stove. We also have a duxtop 1800W and the Salton is far superior. It heats things much quicker, at least 25% quicker. Both wifey and I noticed it right away independent of each other. Not sure why because induction technology is pretty simple and shouldn't vary much. The soft touch buttons are much nicer to use than the membrane ones on the duxtop. Fan noise is about the same on both -- similar to a microwave. In our kitchen the stoves are side by side but we use the Salton almost exclusively.
There was a discussion in a Home & Garden thread about the best choice for portable induction cooktops. From that discussion, I had settled for a Duxtop 9100MC (1800W, 15 level settings) mostly because it provides better control at low temperatures/low power and put a price alert for it on Amazon (the updated model seems not to be as good). My second choice was the Ikea Tillreda (10 settings, IIRC) and last one a Salton 1800W (8 settings, IIRC) at Costco. I'm looking for reliability and heat/temperature fine tuning (= number of settings, accuracy). I haven't ordered any one yet but sure I'll reconsider a Salton 1800W.

Salton makes several models with slight variations (power and casing).

Thanks for sharing your firsthand experience.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
Ah yes that's true the duxtop has more temperature settings with the lower half settings incrementing by 0.5, so is better than the Salton for fine tuning.
Russia/Putin/Cronies must pay for all damages to Ukraine and her people. Let's start with seized assets
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I've had a Duxtop for many years now and it's been great. A bit loud and a bit tall, but perfect for deep frying outside with the temperature mode.

Looking for this slim model for hotpot.

Anyone seen this in the Downtown Vancouver store?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1791 posts
1181 upvotes
Vancouver
Great deal. For these portable cooktops I would definitely buy it from a place that has easy returns and good warranty. I have a couple non-induction cooktops and they just don't get nearly as hot after like a year.
Nov 25, 2020
104 posts
68 upvotes
Question for you guys with experience: would the 1800W (the next upgrade from this advertised model) boil hotpot faster or one of those single element gas stove with the can of gas?
Nov 25, 2011
44 posts
66 upvotes
Prince Rupert
Induction is 80% efficient so 1500W gives you 1200W or about 4000 BTU. 1800W would be about 5000 BTU.

The cheapy cartridge hot pot stoves are rated for something like 10000 BTU but only 30-40% efficient which means in theory this is 3000-4000 BTU. But I find that as the gas gets used up and the cartridge gets cold, the flame gets much smaller.

IMHO, induction especially at 1800W is not only faster but more consistent and convenient.
Feb 2, 2011
480 posts
316 upvotes
New Westminster
b31770 wrote: I've had a Duxtop for many years now and it's been great. A bit loud and a bit tall, but perfect for deep frying outside with the temperature mode.

Looking for this slim model for hotpot.

Anyone seen this in the Downtown Vancouver store?
Yes, downtown location for 39.99

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)