Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Salton Slim Induction Cooktop - $44.99 ($10 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2021 5:56 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3789 posts
2588 upvotes
Vancouver
zackcheng wrote: I have to share my experience with this model, which many have pointed out is 1500 W. The original version and Ikea's cooktop is 1800 W. The difference in power is noticeable, this version was unable to bring a traditional hotpot pot to a constant boil (the pots with the 2 split from T&T/BestCo). And due to this fact, I had to return this. For smaller pots perhaps it is feasible.
Just to confirm, your hot pot is very magnetic, right?
Jan 11, 2017
109 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
Spinner wrote: Just to confirm, your hot pot is very magnetic, right?
LOL yes, absolutely, I did the magnet check on all my pots (i have an induction stovetop). I even returned one, got another one from Costco and experienced the same problem hoping it was a defect. Now I've returned both Costco units and purchased the Ikea and the hot pot is BOILING hot.
Realtor
Right at Home Realty Inc.
Jun 14, 2004
28 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
Got to agree with zackcheng. I had the same issue with hot pot (T&T as well). It is magnetic, so i am not sure what is the issue. It will bring it to a boil, but takes a while to cook meat compare to portable gas.

Does the 1800W work well with the pots 2 split from T&T?
Jan 11, 2017
109 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
Goku88 wrote: Got to agree with zackcheng. I had the same issue with hot pot (T&T as well). It is magnetic, so i am not sure what is the issue. It will bring it to a boil, but takes a while to cook meat compare to portable gas.

Does the 1800W work well with the pots 2 split from T&T?
Yup, the 1800 W works exactly like a butane gas stove. Since the Costco one was too weak, I switched to the butane stove.

Now the Ikea stovetop is just as strong as the butane one.
Realtor
Right at Home Realty Inc.
Sep 3, 2017
223 posts
301 upvotes
Vancouver
Not in stock at the Burnaby Still Creek location

If anyone sees it there, please ping me :)
Nov 14, 2012
768 posts
395 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
soymilkslam wrote: Not in stock at the Burnaby Still Creek location

If anyone sees it there, please ping me :)
$39.99 at this Costco. 3550 Brighton Ave, Burnaby, BC V5A 4W3
May 18, 2009
389 posts
307 upvotes
Richmond
I just tried this with the Pot King pot from T&T this weekend for hot pot. I can confirm it was basically not able to sustain a boil. Picked up the Ikea one today and it’s way better.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9819 posts
9463 upvotes
Markham
I also can confirm I tried this one from Costco for hot pot and it is way too underpowered. I also picked up the Ikea one where they force you to pay $5 for the pick-up option... and it works very well for Hot Pot.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19697 posts
5861 upvotes
I have found the Salton products to be terrible quality control after they became a Walmart/Canadian Tire, etc. cheapie. They used to have a very good rating on their products but decided to go for quantity over quality. Their induction cook tops are fair at best. I bought a Kuraidori from Home Hardware a couple years back and swear by it. I have not used my old stove cooking elements since and now will probably just do away with the stove since getting an air fryer...
Jul 16, 2015
378 posts
173 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I'm going to have to get the one from Ikea. I've had no luck with the Salton and would love something other than an open flame in my dining room for hotpot.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2010
5034 posts
3171 upvotes
Burnaby
Latest price: $29.97 in store as reported in infernogn Costco East thread -- hence, it may not be a nation-wide clearance but store specific. YMMV.

costco-costco-east-brossard-candiac-she ... 1-2453524/

Probably too late for a price adjustment, but if anyone is considering getting an extra unit, this might be the time.
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion advertising]
Insert here list of companies with referral programs