Hot Deals

Costco

Costco.ca: Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 128GB Unlocked Smartphone $707.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2022 2:32 am
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10744 posts
4745 upvotes
Mississauga
I know this is not on contract, but seems cold. Especially when you can get

$20/MTH for 24 months for this S21 FE

Or $26/MTH for 24 months for S22

Plus $300 Costco cash card.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37108 posts
23104 upvotes
Center of Universe
kenchau wrote: I know this is not on contract, but seems cold. Especially when you can get

$20/MTH for 24 months for this S21 FE

Or $26/MTH for 24 months for S22

Plus $300 Costco cash card.
$60/month phone plan?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10744 posts
4745 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote: $60/month phone plan?
I imagine whatever retail plans. I didn't look into it, as I am not in the market for anything.

But Costco cash card aside, people that have phone plans they like that qualify for contract phones, they can still get the phone for less on at the above monthly rates. I mean $624 over 24 months for an S22 versus $700+ upfront for an S21 FE?
Sr. Member
Aug 18, 2013
829 posts
732 upvotes
AB
kenchau wrote: I imagine whatever retail plans. I didn't look into it, as I am not in the market for anything.

But Costco cash card aside, people that have phone plans they like that qualify for contract phones, they can still get the phone for less on at the above monthly rates. I mean $624 over 24 months for an S22 versus $700+ upfront for an S21 FE?
The goal is to not be on those eligible plans if you can avoid it. If your current plan is significantly cheaper than the ones they force you on, the minor savings on the phones is not worth it.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19983 posts
8300 upvotes
Toronto
What are people doing for the wall charger? Stupid Samsung doesn't include it now.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10744 posts
4745 upvotes
Mississauga
nuclearhot wrote: The goal is to not be on those eligible plans if you can avoid it. If your current plan is significantly cheaper than the ones they force you on, the minor savings on the phones is not worth it.
My point is that many people's existing plans may already qualify. Like when people got their $40 for 12 months, $45 for next 12 with or without a phone. That plan still qualifies since they were offering exact same with phone.

So then why with one of those plans, if you didn't get a phone originally, wouldn't you just go for $480 for the S21 FE versus $700+ or an even better S22 for also less.
Sr. Member
Aug 18, 2013
829 posts
732 upvotes
AB
kenchau wrote: My point is that many people's existing plans may already qualify. Like when people got their $40 for 12 months, $45 for next 12 with or without a phone. That plan still qualifies since they were offering exact same with phone.

So then why with one of those plans, if you didn't get a phone originally, wouldn't you just go for $480 for the S21 FE versus $700+ or an even better S22 for also less.
it's still often an ymmv with those. Even then, i'm from the perspective of a 24$ plan that i will never get back if I leave it so yeah.
Last edited by nuclearhot on Jun 26th, 2022 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Apr 24, 2012
148 posts
159 upvotes
Orillia
carmaster wrote: What are people doing for the wall charger? Stupid Samsung doesn't include it now.
Using whatever usb-C cables we already have that have regular USB on the other side.

There's a few deals a week on here with chargers that support usb-c
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 4, 2009
6657 posts
2723 upvotes
kenchau wrote: I imagine whatever retail plans. I didn't look into it, as I am not in the market for anything.

But Costco cash card aside, people that have phone plans they like that qualify for contract phones, they can still get the phone for less on at the above monthly rates. I mean $624 over 24 months for an S22 versus $700+ upfront for an S21 FE?
I just ordered the s22 ultra for $15/month and $480 buyout after 2yrs from Telus epp. 20gbs, $50/mth.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10327 posts
3240 upvotes
Toukolou wrote: I just ordered the s22 ultra for $15/month and $480 buyout after 2yrs from Telus epp. 20gbs, $50/mth.
So essentially $85/month... Seems kinda meh to me?
Sr. Member
Jan 10, 2011
550 posts
318 upvotes
Ottawa
kenchau wrote: My point is that many people's existing plans may already qualify. Like when people got their $40 for 12 months, $45 for next 12 with or without a phone. That plan still qualifies since they were offering exact same with phone.

So then why with one of those plans, if you didn't get a phone originally, wouldn't you just go for $480 for the S21 FE versus $700+ or an even better S22 for also less.
I can't speak for others but the reason I buy my phone outright and am willing to pay a bit more is because it gives me the freedom to switch plans when a cheaper one comes along from any provider. Company's BYOD plans are usually cheaper than on contract. If you want to break a contract for a sweet plan, the penalties make any savings on your phone obsolete.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 4, 2009
6657 posts
2723 upvotes
clseea wrote: So essentially $85/month... Seems kinda meh to me?
Depends on ones needs I guess. I needed a new phone and I need a service plan. I got what I think is a pretty good deal, just by calling in and asking about it. No sign up with freedom, port number, hope for a winback call rigamarole. Took me less than 30min on the phone to make it happen.

20GB/$50month, + $15/mth for the current top line Android is pretty decent. If I like the phone, I buy it out for $480, under $1k all in. If I don't like it, or something better comes along, I return it. Beats an s21FE for ~$100 less, imo.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43894 posts
7527 upvotes
What is Samsung’s flagship phone? Is this it?
Blanka
Newbie
Nov 16, 2021
83 posts
57 upvotes
djemzine wrote: What is Samsung’s flagship phone? Is this it?
The S22 is the current year flagship. S21 FE is the discounted flagship used to sell the excess previous year processors produced. I do not expect an S22 FE next year as there are no excess 8 Gen 1 chips.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43894 posts
7527 upvotes
lockedout01 wrote: The S22 is the current year flagship. S21 FE is the discounted flagship used to sell the excess previous year processors produced. I do not expect an S22 FE next year as there are no excess 8 Gen 1 chips.
Thanks for confirming. I see they have some variations for the S22. How does this compare to the Pixel Pro? Not including Touch Wiz/Samsung UI of course.
Blanka
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2004
1645 posts
77 upvotes
York Region
Has anyone found a good case and screen protector for s21 fe yet?
Amazon has some bad ones unfortunately
Sr. Member
Aug 18, 2013
829 posts
732 upvotes
AB
edkate wrote: Has anyone found a good case and screen protector for s21 fe yet?
Amazon has some bad ones unfortunately
AliExpress never let me down

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)