• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 4:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1299 posts
425 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Sealy Posturepedic Atwater Queen Mattress $399.99

Sealy Posturepedic Atwater Queen Mattress was $499.99-$100 Saving = $399.99 I saw this at Brampton Costco store (near Steele)

I don't know the quality of the mattress, hoping someone could fill us in. Some of the comment on Costco website looks negative.

https://www.costco.ca/sealy-posturepedi ... 65722.html

The price is valid from Jan 18 2021- Jan 31 2021

Sorry it's only available in Ontario, NB, NFLD and NS.

Here is the flyer
https://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/ON/Bramp ... 05975.html
Last edited by MasterMK on Jan 21st, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
31 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1068 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver
I feel these are the same regurgitated models every year, same structure, different fabrics. Cheap certainly... Quality is debatable...

I purchased the Sealy "Sydney" back in 2017, same price. I like a softer pillow top as a side sleeper, so these actually feel nice. I tend to sleep dead center in the middle, i started feeling a sag not a year into it, i'd say 8 months in. I didn't want to drag it back to the store for a return. I mean i still find it comfy for myself, but it has been noted by a partner that my mattress sinks in the middle.

Just picked up the KS Stearns and Foster, which is on the firmer side for pillow top, but haven't slept on it long enough.
Dec 11, 2011
239 posts
319 upvotes
CALEDON
I know shit from shit about mattresses. I had an old one for 10 years. I threw it out and bought this one. Sleeping on it nightly for 2 months and Its perfect. I also paid 499 for it and costco refunded me a 115 today as a price match. So they even paid for my groceries today! Happy Boy.
Nov 28, 2007
665 posts
84 upvotes
thefeebster wrote: I feel these are the same regurgitated models every year, same structure, different fabrics. Cheap certainly... Quality is debatable...

I purchased the Sealy "Sydney" back in 2017, same price. I like a softer pillow top as a side sleeper, so these actually feel nice. I tend to sleep dead center in the middle, i started feeling a sag not a year into it, i'd say 8 months in. I didn't want to drag it back to the store for a return. I mean i still find it comfy for myself, but it has been noted by a partner that my mattress sinks in the middle.

Just picked up the KS Stearns and Foster, which is on the firmer side for pillow top, but haven't slept on it long enough.
Was the Stearns & Foster on sale? Available in store?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2322 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
Lots of bad reviews on Costco.ca although I imagine in many cases, people satisfied with a mattress just don’t bother leaving reviews. Only problem with returns is you have to lug it back to Costco if you bought it in store.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1068 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver
DubKrazy wrote: Was the Stearns & Foster on sale? Available in store?
Yes, currently in store for $999 but not marked down. I paid extra on the website so i didn't have to lug.

The Sealy is good because at its price, it doesn't hurt much to throw it away after 4-5 years. If this Stearns and Foster sucks, i'll be more pissed. But its gotten good reviews actually. Much better than the past model.
Dec 18, 2019
108 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered mattress with box spring on Monday and it's due to deliver on Saturday. After promo discount of $120 + $50 coupon = total paid $605.
sik20fan wrote: I know shit from shit about mattresses. I had an old one for 10 years. I threw it out and bought this one. Sleeping on it nightly for 2 months and Its perfect. I also paid 499 for it and costco refunded me a 115 today as a price match. So they even paid for my groceries today! Happy Boy.
Thought Costco price adjustment is within 30 days
Jun 13, 2019
42 posts
24 upvotes
I can also confirm that this mattress is a decent buy for <500$.

The comfort is great although it will sag a bit after the first 6 months if you just sleep in the middle. My partner and I sleep on the edges a bit more after boing boing and it evens out the sag a bit.

Would rate it 4/5
Feb 3, 2019
608 posts
890 upvotes
Canada
thefeebster wrote: I feel these are the same regurgitated models every year, same structure, different fabrics. Cheap certainly... Quality is debatable...

The sealy I got in 2013 and it's still going strong... But I agree, seeing the new models on the floor, they look cheaper in quality and don't feel as sturdy, just a personal feeling though...
Live a little
Dec 6, 2010
466 posts
173 upvotes
So if you are buying mattress online, they will pickup from home if you want to return?
Nov 3, 2011
322 posts
114 upvotes
MasterMK wrote: Sealy Posturepedic Atwater Queen Mattress was $499.99-$100 Saving = $399.99 I saw this at Brampton Costco store (near Steele)

I don't know the quality of the mattress, hoping someone could fill us in. Some of the comment on Costco website looks negative.

https://www.costco.ca/sealy-posturepedi ... 65722.html
I saw 499 on line. Was the 100 less only in store?
Nov 3, 2011
322 posts
114 upvotes
gta_guy wrote: So if you are buying mattress online, they will pickup from home if you want to return?
You have to bring to the store.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
5296 posts
8310 upvotes
Montreal
thefeebster wrote: (...) I mean i still find it comfy for myself, but it has been noted by a partner that my mattress sinks in the middle. (...)
Are you sure the partner didn't say stinks in the middle? Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1299 posts
425 upvotes
Couple of days ago, I was at Costco Brampton (Steele ) store. I saw 4 or 5 mattress stacked on top of each other. Not at usual place in warehouse but near the food section meat etc. Tag on the top, specifically said Sealy Atwater mattress $499.99 - $100 Saving an bottom it said $399.99 (mattress only). The price could vary from store to store, How long it stays at that price, I don't know?
Dec 11, 2011
239 posts
319 upvotes
CALEDON
alphabravocharlie wrote: Ordered mattress with box spring on Monday and it's due to deliver on Saturday. After promo discount of $120 + $50 coupon = total paid $605.
Thought Costco price adjustment is within 30 days
It’s a stupid policy. They have an unlimited return policy.
Want me to go grab the mattress and buy this one is all I have to say. I never said a thing and the lady just did her thing on the keyboard.
Mar 8, 2020
80 posts
57 upvotes
How do these <$500 foam mattresses stack up to the Leesa or Casper variants?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2437 posts
1125 upvotes
Edmonton
MasterMK wrote: Sorry it's only available in Ontario, NB, NFLD and NS.
Saw at least 40 in EDM, east yesterday...box spring queen was $99. They had many of these too.
Last edited by frankmp on Jan 21st, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9973 posts
2614 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Crunchytut wrote: How do these <$500 foam mattresses stack up to the Leesa or Casper variants?
This is a proper coil mattress, not foam, 850 pocket coils
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1299 posts
425 upvotes
The flyer mentioned those four province so I assumed the other provinces weren't included, maybe a glitch in flyer producing.

I think on Costco website and here they mentioned, it sinks in the middle.

I just check my bed, I brought from Brick store with mirror drawer chest and night table. The Matteress and bottom box were brought from The Bay.

The bed frame is made out of wood, it hold's the headboard together. There is a wooden strip that goes across the bed that supports the box. It is broken in the middle so I have to replace it. I know steel frame I have would have been much better to use but because of headboard and bedroom set came together as package looks much neater.