Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Seville Classics Modern Black Height Adjustable Electric Desk $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2021 10:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1258 posts
1231 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Seville Classics Modern Black Height Adjustable Electric Desk $299.99

Costco.ca daily holiday deals day 5

Here’s the white desk:

https://www.costco.ca/seville-classics- ... 78948.html
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 5th, 2020 10:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated title
93 replies
Jan 22, 2015
424 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rockxxxlee wrote: been debating between this and https://www.primecables.ca/p-362358-cab ... rimecables + a iKea top
the primecables one is on sale every other month at $199
Does anyone know whether we could change the table top on the Costco Seville one
The controller is built into it so I think if you need another size desk top it would be much better to go with the prime cable or similar
Mar 26, 2011
24 posts
14 upvotes
London
I have never seen the one with dual motors from prime cables less than $300 but I could be wrong. The one that comes on sale for $229 is with the single motor. The prime cables desk with the dual motors can go lower in height as compared to the one with the single motor. I see that one from Costco has dual motors but only will go as low as 29”. I wonder if I can install my own keyboard tray.
The price for Costco one is excellent though
Aug 20, 2019
49 posts
43 upvotes
whitby
Don’t buy this model, I had to buy and return( which was a pin- very heavy) This is
Not as good as the other one in Costco tresanti

They touch buttons don’t work as good. To raise and lower the desk you have to keep holding the touch button all the way up the whole time and down as well
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6286 posts
1190 upvotes
29" minimum height is considered quite high for any one like under 5"11.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2572 posts
3522 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is this enough to fit a keyboard and monitor with that 24" width...seems like it's not deep enough.
Mar 26, 2011
24 posts
14 upvotes
London
stovetop wrote: Is this enough to fit a keyboard and monitor with that 24" width...seems like it's not deep enough.
Yes, I have an ikea desk that is 24 inches deep and 48 inches wide. Usually these are standard sizes. I must add though that I have separate slide out keyboard tray.
Mar 26, 2011
24 posts
14 upvotes
London
1xTiMeR wrote: 29" minimum height is considered quite high for any one like under 5"11.
Agreed. One would need an under-mount keyboard tray. I wonder if one can install a keyboard tray with this one
Jul 31, 2007
507 posts
360 upvotes
shriap wrote: I have never seen the one with dual motors from prime cables less than $300 but I could be wrong. The one that comes on sale for $229 is with the single motor. The prime cables desk with the dual motors can go lower in height as compared to the one with the single motor. I see that one from Costco has dual motors but only will go as low as 29”. I wonder if I can install my own keyboard tray.
The price for Costco one is excellent though
primecables had them for 250$ each in a duo deal.
Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 10.33.49 AM.png
also the depth of this desk is only 24", i think that's too cramped, try to find something with at least 29", it will be much more comfortable to use and will allow you to adjust your monitors forward or back for optimal viewing distance
Last edited by johncraven on Dec 5th, 2020 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 4, 2008
486 posts
937 upvotes
Toronto
KarthikA40261 wrote: They touch buttons don’t work as good. To raise and lower the desk you have to keep holding the touch button all the way up the whole time and down as well
You won't need to hold the touch button if you use the memory presets for your preferred heights. And there's 3 presets you can set.
Jun 19, 2010
517 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver
KarthikA40261 wrote: Don’t buy this model, I had to buy and return( which was a pin- very heavy) This is
Not as good as the other one in Costco tresanti

They touch buttons don’t work as good. To raise and lower the desk you have to keep holding the touch button all the way up the whole time and down as well
I just bought the tresanti one but haven't set it up yet... Was debating buying this one because it's now $70 less and looks similar but doesn't have the crossbar to slam my shins into. What makes the tresanti one better in your opinion?
Nov 8, 2007
727 posts
452 upvotes
Edmonton
New to standing desks:

1. Are these sold in store as well? If so, are prices lower there?
2. My current desk is 29in. so the low end is no issue, is the 47in. high end tall enough for a 6'1" person?