Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco.ca: Sunbeam Water Resistant Heated Mattress Pads (various sizes) $125-80

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2021 7:39 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton

[Costco] Costco.ca: Sunbeam Water Resistant Heated Mattress Pads (various sizes) $125-80

Costco.ca has just discounted their Sunbeam Water Resistant Heated Mattress Pads.
Costco Item # 2013105

King Size:
Normal Price: 169.99
After Discount: 124.99

Queen Size:
Normal Price: 149.99
After Discount: 109.99

Double Size:
Normal Price: 124.99
After Discount: 89.99

Twin Size:
Normal Price: 99.99
After Discount: 79.99

I'm guessing the model # is MSU6STS-T000-17B50.
These are mid-range heated mattress pads.

Notes:
  • I have searched high & low, and done a lot of research. The Sunbeam ones do have a lot of complaints, but I think it's because they sell the most and have the largest silent majority. They also have long warranties and are backed up by Costco.
  • Costco offers at least 4 different types of heated mattress pad right now. There's also a fancy wireless zoned model as well, so make your decision in advance!

Product Spec
Features:

Material: 100% cotton
200 thread count
170.1 g/m (6 oz./yd.) of fill
Water resistant
Exclusive Thermofine® wiring system is so thin and flexible you can’t feel it
Skirt fits up to 48.3 cm (19 in.) mattresses

Care instructions:

Machine washable
Dryer safe

Controller:

SelectTouch
King and queen includes 2 controllers for dual zone temperature control
Double and twin includes 1 controller
20 heat settings
Selectable 10-hour auto off feature
LED display with backlight dimmer

Specifications:

Dimensions (L x W):
King: 203.2 cm x 193 cm (80 in. x 76 in.)
Queen: 203.2 cm x 152.4 cm (80 in. x 60 in.)
Double: 190.5 cm x 137.2 cm (75 in. x 54 in.)
Twin: 190.5 cm x 99.1 cm (75 in. x 39 in.)

For more information about this product, call Jarden Consumer Solutions Canada (toll free) at 1-800-667-8623.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Oct 6th, 2021 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
- casual gastronomist -
29 replies
May 24, 2006
128 posts
24 upvotes
Thanks OP I love these have one already and ordered another one.

Great on cold nights. I just put it on for 10 mins and heats up the bed great.
Jul 25, 2019
16 posts
46 upvotes
Thanks OP, I was about to get that product but am a bit divided because of the 1* reviews.
I have a sunbeam heated blanket and 1 side stopped working after 1 year (and some of the people say it happen to them with the mattress pad too.)
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
ValeDecem wrote: Is it sold in stores for a lower price?
No. I have checked 3 Ontario Costcos.
Actually, I already bought this product. It is shipped directly from the supplier's warehouse in Brampton, near Mississauga Rd & 401.
l0pusi wrote: Thanks OP, I was about to get that product but am a bit divided because of the 1* reviews.
Yes, I went through the same doubts. I researched and researched. All heated mattress pads either have no reviews, or many reviews like this. Some of the highly-rated miscellaneous brands on Amazon have very short warranties, 30 days in at least 1 case. In the end, Sunbeam has a long warranty and Costco backing, so I decided to go with it.

I suspect Sunbeam has a large "silent majority" since they are the biggest brand anyway. I heard also that the BeautyRest product is rebranded Sunbeam.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Oct 5th, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Nov 9, 2020
597 posts
1009 upvotes
Maple
Have had this on my radar for an year now. Finally got one. Thanks OP.
Do you need it or do you want it?
Jan 7, 2008
74 posts
165 upvotes
Likely a stupid question. Is this just a pad or a fitted sheet with the pad? I ask because while I would love this, my wife will not. So if just a pad, was thinking of getting a twin and putting it on my side of our king bed. But that doesn’t work as well if a fitted sheet style. TIA.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
rahmiel wrote: Likely a stupid question. Is this just a pad or a fitted sheet with the pad? I ask because while I would love this, my wife will not. So if just a pad, was thinking of getting a twin and putting it on my side of our king bed. But that doesn’t work as well if a fitted sheet style. TIA.
It's like a fitted sheet.
But realize the King and Queen models have dual independent controls. Each side can have independent heating levels, or be turned off completely.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
AmirA55729 wrote: Isn't this the same as: https://www.amazon.ca/Sunbeam-Heated-Ma ... F2U6S?th=1 ? It looks like cheaper in Amazon. Is it identical?
The Amazon item you linked is a lower model.

The Costco item in the deal is 100% cotton, with 6 oz fill, 200 thread count, 20 heating levels, and waterproof.
This Amazon item is polyester, no fill, thread count N/A, 10 heating levels, and not waterproof.

The equivalent Amazon.ca item is here.
- casual gastronomist -
Feb 19, 2019
173 posts
310 upvotes
Could you still put a fitted sheet it? Someone gifted me some amazing sheets and I would like to keep using them. Plus, dogs so dog hair everywhere and would be hard to wash I imagine.

Also, does it have a memory? If I add a smart plug to it, would I be able to turn on hearing function through smart plug?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
simplealgebra wrote: Could you still put a fitted sheet it? Someone gifted me some amazing sheets and I would like to keep using them. Plus, dogs so dog hair everywhere and would be hard to wash I imagine.

Also, does it have a memory? If I add a smart plug to it, would I be able to turn on hearing function through smart plug?
These mattress pads add very little vertical height to the mattress. I'm planning to remove my fitted sheet, install the heated mattress pad, and put the fitted sheet back on.

Edit: It depends on your mattress / boxspring design. The power cords will come out on the bottom edge of the mattress, meaning that you need space to run them. The manual is very specific about giving the cords space and not pinching them. If they are pinched somewhere, it could damage the cords and even create a fire! I'm lucky in that I have slats under my mattress and have plenty of clearance to run the cords.

I don't think these have a memory, from the perspective of smart plugs. You've got to walk over and push the button to start preheating. They do have a fixed run time of 10 hours, so some people report using a smart plug to shut the mattress off early.

Sunbeam has some newer US-only models that are programmable with WiFi, Alexa, Google, etc. Never seen them on sale in Canada though.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Oct 15th, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Jan 8, 2012
887 posts
744 upvotes
Williams Lake
I'm on my second Sunbeam heated mattress pad (the old one still works).

The new one, which I believe is the one in the Amazon link posted above, doesn't heat as well as the older one, which looks to be a previous model of this Costco one.

Great product, one of the best purchases I've made in the past decade.

And it's Costco, so if it doesn't work, you've taken care of.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
wudtsilake wrote: The new one, which I believe is the one in the Amazon link posted above, doesn't heat as well as the older one, which looks to be a previous model of this Costco one.
Sunbeam advertising focuses on how fine their wiring is. Surely, thinner wiring will be harder to detect when you are laying on it, but also it would lead to less effective heating.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Oct 6th, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
3086 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto
Grabbed one, hopefully alleviates freezing feet this winter!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
almasyseifer wrote: I can hear the electric bill crying from here
but you can crank your house temperature way down and this pad will keep you toasty warm all night.
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
almasyseifer wrote: I can hear the electric bill crying from here
For once, something to be proud of for being a Quebec citizen thanks to Hydro Quebec.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)