[Costco] Costco.ca: Sunny indoor bike SF-B1913 online Costco $799.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2021 11:50 am
[OP]
Jan 7, 2007
31 posts
48 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Sunny indoor bike SF-B1913 online Costco $799.99

Includes screen that shows cadence, HR and other info.
The screen is powered by your pedaling. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

No Bluetooth connectivity if that's important to you.
Supposedly there's no resistance display onscreen which might be a big deal to some.

Here's a pretty detailed review.

https://yourexercisebike.com/sunny-heal ... 13-review/

This has a 44lb flywheel vs the 15lb flywheel on the Walmart Echelon
Last edited by nec88 on Feb 26th, 2021 10:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
43 replies
Apr 17, 2015
503 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto, ON
$819.. can't justify it. I could barely justify myself to get the $599 walmart echelon!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1719 posts
1133 upvotes
Calgary
I have a similar sunny health one i bought earlier this year.
If you're in calgary you can buy mine instead of this one.

No issues with it but I decided to blow my money on a Peloton afterwards. (totally different price point)
Banned
Jan 17, 2021
7 posts
6 upvotes
How does this compare to the Bowflex one?
[OP]
Jan 7, 2007
31 posts
48 upvotes
Costco has 8 of the ex-4s at the moment for those interested
Jan 22, 2010
150 posts
119 upvotes
Regina
bgrah158 wrote: You can't compare the two. This one can used with any subscription you choose, with echelon you're locked in
Oh? Then how come me along with thousands of others are using the peloton app with our echelons?
May 9, 2014
398 posts
139 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
This one looks sturdy and sexy whereas the other one very ugly, cheaper price though.
Dec 1, 2016
16 posts
2 upvotes
calgary alberta
You can use it but you're forced to with an app. You can use the Sunny without an app
Jan 22, 2010
150 posts
119 upvotes
Regina
bgrah158 wrote: You can use it but you're forced to with an app. You can use the Sunny without an app
OK that much is true. There is no screen so you need a device to display that but you aren't locked to Echelon. I haven't touched their app since day 1. And the metrics you get out of it are a lot more then what the sunny display gives. It's a trade off I'll gladly take.
Aug 17, 2007
225 posts
166 upvotes
bgrah158 wrote: You can use it but you're forced to with an app. You can use the Sunny without an app
But there is at least a choice of app now and the Bluetooth isn't propriety so I would expect to see more. With this bike you can't see power on the display so some workouts where you try and maintain a certain power at different speeds and resistances won't easy. I'd be curious how the ride is but my old Sunny was not good (it was not magnetic though so I'm not saying this is bad).
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1393 posts
3990 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bgrah158 wrote: You can't compare the two. This one can used with any subscription you choose, with echelon you're locked in
You can definitely compare the two. Nobody compares two identical items, there are bound to be some differences hence the reason to compare.

You are certainly not locked in. I pay zero for an Echelon subscription and I use Peloton and Zwift and my Apple Watch sends my Heart Rate.
Dec 20, 2007
55 posts
29 upvotes
Kitchener
I've been looking for a bike for the past few weeks. I've never done spin, but am a bike rider road and xc.

I was spinning in circles of indecisiveness until I saw this pop up on the Costco site. Not so much on picking a specific model that I wanted, but finding one that was in stock or not overpriced second hand. When I saw this and what it was I jumped on it.

The connect sport was my second choice due to costing, but website says not available until at least feb 21. So that's a factor as well. Here was my Connect Sport vs this bike thought path:

Price: $700 @ Walmart vs $820 at Costco. We all know costco is highly flexible with their return policy should you run into trouble or decide you don't like it. Plus, if it applies to you, Costco executive cash-back lessens that sting a bit.

Availability: Do you want a bike now? Or at the end of winter / into spring?

Bike Specifics:
- Connect sport requires an app for any kind of stats / monitoring. Yes there's a free app with basic specs, but the app is still a requirement.
- Sunny bike has a built in console with cadence display and HR sensors, can set a timer, view calorie estimator, etc within easy reach on the handlebars. You can get on and go if you just want to pedal without having to muck around with external devices / wireless connections / charge status or chargers.
- Sunny bike still has a built in device holder if you'd like to follow along to the class / app of your choice. If you want stats from your ride into those apps you will need to buy bluetooth cadence / HR sensors separately at added cost. If you're ok looking at the built in console instead of your app you don't need the extra bits.
- It's worth noting that the Sunny bike's console is powered by you. No batteries or power cords to worry about. (super simple)
- Sunny bike has a 20kg flywheel, vs Echelon Sport's 7kg.
- Sunny bike has 4 way adjustable handlebars and seat, surely you're able to find that proper / comfortable fit. Connect sport does not have fore/aft adjustment on handlebars. Not a concern for all, but is a bonus.
- Sunny bike comes equipped with SPD / caged combo pedals. If you're using SPD clipless shoes this is worth something. Pedals on Connect Sport are caged only

I cannot spend Peleton money, so a Peleton bike was out of question. I started looking at consumer-grade alternatives for me to DIY an alternative: Echelon EX3 / Connect Sport / Pro Forms / Bowflex C6 / Schwinn IC4.

The bikes that seemed to fit my needs / wants the most were the Schwinn IC4 / Bowflex C6. They had everything I wanted while still being standalone. But pricing was an issue at $1,500 (I don't have a time machine to get the prior sales) and so was availability.

I was seriously looking at the Pro-form CX sport which was available locally and cheaper than Bowflex / Schwinn but was still at the very top of my budget. The automatically adjusting resistance was interesting but the cost of the app subscription is very high when the free trial runs out. (their app is the only one with the auto resistance adjustments) The current $1,000 price tag was still tough for me to swallow but magnetic resistance and belt drive were a must for me.

Then this popped up and I jumped on it. It hit my priorities, had the added benefits of being fully standalone and working with my shoes out of the box. I viewed it as a Schwinn IC4 / Bowflex C6 alternative at nearly half the current cost, and still less when they're on sale. I can then subscribe to whatever app I want and I'll just follow along the best I can to start out with the built in console.

If I get more serious later I can get a Wahoo cadence sensor and HR belt for app integration and still end up with a significant savings over the Schwinn / Bowflex.

That's just the game I played. Hope it helps someone, and I hope this bike isn't a bust out of the box. Sunny bikes have been pretty well reviewed as name-brand alternatives online.
Apr 7, 2009
466 posts
278 upvotes
toronto
Thanks. I'm trying to decide between this and the Echelon from Walmart as well. The price difference is about $100 after the exec cashback but I like the Costco return policy and that I can have it a month earlier.

Essentially, I'm looking for something to use for random workouts and also w/Peloton (via iPad).

Bluetooth would be nice but the build of this seems to be better than the Echelon, especially with the heavier flywheel. And since our whole family will be using it, the added adjustability is nice.

If they were the same price, would anyone choose the Echelon? Thx
Dec 18, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
This bike has no warranty. I emailed the company and they said they don't provide a warranty for any bike sold in Canada.
Apr 7, 2009
466 posts
278 upvotes
toronto
Dealhunter20 wrote: This bike has no warranty. I emailed the company and they said they don't provide a warranty for any bike sold in Canada.
So, it's only the Costco warranty? Anyone know what the Costco warranty is for exercise equipment?
Dec 28, 2006
630 posts
157 upvotes
I bought this bike in mid-December and it arrived just before Christmas. I've used it about 3 times a week for 30 minute rides (I'm trying to keep in decent cardiovascular shape for when I am able to go back to officiating and playing hockey. I do 30-45 second high intensity bursts and then easy off for a couple minutes and do another high intensity burst in order to try to replicate the type of cardio workout you get in hockey). Here are my thoughts:

It's VERY heavy and solid. I'm 6'2" and around 235lbs and I can get on it, ride hard, stand up and it doesn't budge at all.
It's very adjustable and my wife, who's 5'8", is able to quickly adjust it and use it without issue. I can adjust it back to my settings easily as well.
It's quiet. I use it in a condo so magnetic resistance was a must to keep the noise down and it makes very little noise.
The console does in fact use two AAA batteries; so that conflicts with the review I read. Not the end of the world.
The resistance is smooth and you can adjust it to next to no resistance to significant resistance

So far I'm very happy with the purchase. I'm not a big program guy - I just like to put on a show or my own music and ride. My wife feels the same. So I like that no apps are needed and I don't want to pay an ongoing monthly subscription to anything. Maybe I'll try a few free YouTube workouts in the future, but I haven't yet.

We went with this bike vs. others because it has a sturdy build, did get a good review, the max user weight is 300lbs and it's fully adjustable.

My parents were looking for a Spin Bike and I recommended this one, but it's been sold out since Christmas. I did point out the Echelon from Walmart, the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C6, but they didn't want to deal with any apps. They wanted just a simple belt driven magnetic resistance spin bike that was solid, but not over $1000. I found a couple on amazon that seemed like decent values based on reviews found here: https://www.apexbikes.com/best-magnetic ... spin-bike/

The Chaoke at $515 and the Joroto at $580 fit the bill for them. I believe they went with the Joroto last week; just before this came back in stock. They're happy with it so far.

https://www.amazon.ca/Exercise-CHAOKE-S ... 160&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.ca/JOROTO-Magnetic-R ... 179&sr=8-7
Last edited by althoma1 on Jan 19th, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 7, 2009
466 posts
278 upvotes
toronto
Great, thanks for the info. Sounds like how we will use it too.

I'll pass on the Echelon from Walmart and order this one!

althoma1 wrote: I bought this bike in mid-December and it arrived just before Christmas. I've used it about 3 times a week for 30 minute rides (I'm trying to keep in decent cardiovascular shape for when I am able to go back to officiating and playing hockey. I do 30-45 second high intensity bursts and then easy off for a couple minutes and do another high intensity burst in order to try to replicate the type of cardio workout you get in hockey). Here are my thoughts:

It's VERY heavy and solid. I'm 6'2" and around 235lbs and I can get on it, ride hard, stand up and it doesn't budge at all.
It's very adjustable and my wife, who's 5'8", is able to quickly adjust it and use it without issue. I can adjust it back to my settings easily as well.
It's quiet. I use it in a condo so magnetic resistance was a must to keep the noise down and it makes very little noise.
The console does in fact use two AAA batteries; so that conflicts with the review I read. Not the end of the world.
The resistance is smooth and you can adjust it to next to know resistance to significant resistance

So far I'm very happy with the purchase. I'm not a big program guy - I just like to put on a show or my own music and ride. My wife feels the same. So I like that no apps are needed and I don't want to pay an ongoing monthly subscription to anything. Maybe I'll try a few free YouTube workouts in the future, but I haven't yet.

We went with this bike vs. others because it has a sturdy build, did get a good review, the max user weight is 300lbs and it's fully adjustable.

My parents were looking for a Spin Bike and I recommended this one, but it's been sold out since Christmas. I did point out the Echelon from Walmart, the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C6, but they didn't want to deal with any apps. They wanted just a simple belt driven magnetic resistance spin bike that was solid, but not over $1000. I found a couple on amazon that seemed like decent values based on reviews found here: https://www.apexbikes.com/best-magnetic ... spin-bike/

The Chaoke at $515 and the Joroto at $580 fit the bill for them. I believe they went with the Joroto last week; just before this came back in stock. They're happy with it so far.

https://www.amazon.ca/Exercise-CHAOKE-S ... 160&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.ca/JOROTO-Magnetic-R ... 179&sr=8-7

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)