Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Tilley 3 Layer Face Cover, 4-pack $10.99 (reg. $17.99) pink/grey/black

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 7:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3996 posts
2473 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: Tilley 3 Layer Face Cover, 4-pack $10.99 (reg. $17.99) pink/grey/black

Pretty good deal on 3-layer cotton masks if pink is your colour. They make them in many colours, but pink is the only current option which seems strange considering that today is the first day of the sale. Perhaps everything else sold out on day 1? Keep an eye open for a restock before the sale is over.

EDIT: Grey and black available now too.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Feb 16th, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
25 replies
Oct 21, 2014
54 posts
65 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Took a look at the reviews and it seems everyone is complaining that they’ve changed the quality recently. A lot of people mentioning the nose clip breaks too easily and that they’re thinner now. But, at $10 for 4, may be worth a gamble . Thanks OP.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3996 posts
2473 upvotes
kwokming.kwong wrote: over-production, price going down
Totally. I wonder how many face coverings have been produced worldwide in the past 12 months.
Feb 6, 2007
651 posts
181 upvotes
I purchased these. They are 3 layers of woven cotton. When I stretched it out under the light, you can see the light coming through the material. Returned them the next day.
Nov 29, 2009
321 posts
391 upvotes
North York
Can it be worn on top of a single used mask? Thx
May 10, 2007
982 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
I have 3 sets of Tilley masks all purchased from Costco. None of the nose wires have broken in any of the masks. The last set I purchased were the holiday themes ones. Those particular ones have the strongest nose wires out of the 3 sets.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1407 posts
566 upvotes
I have a couple of sets of these, great masks - fit is great and finally don't cause my glasses to fog. Problem is the metal nose strip breaks easily.. have two sets and have about 3 of them that have broken. They're stitched inside the mask, so you can't replace it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3996 posts
2473 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: They should not be bought anymore when it is now easy to buy cotton masks with a polypropylene middle layer that will afford the same filtration as a surgical mask.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/25/health/c ... index.html

I agree if you are only using one mask, but according to this CNN article, a cloth mask over a surgical mask can be 91% effective.
Aug 5, 2013
126 posts
121 upvotes
The pack I ordered a while ago was horrible. The masks smelled really musty/dirty so didn't feel safe putting them on my face.
Mar 7, 2011
242 posts
302 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Eightdays wrote: Took a look at the reviews and it seems everyone is complaining that they’ve changed the quality recently. A lot of people mentioning the nose clip breaks too easily and that they’re thinner now. But, at $10 for 4, may be worth a gamble . Thanks OP.
exrcoupe wrote: I have a couple of sets of these, great masks - fit is great and finally don't cause my glasses to fog. Problem is the metal nose strip breaks easily.. have two sets and have about 3 of them that have broken. They're stitched inside the mask, so you can't replace it.
Nose clips have broken on 2 of 3 of mine. And I don't wear masks often. Probably 5-10 at most.

Too bad, otherwise these are excellent. I was able to use the clip to make sure that there is no fogging of my glasses at all, something that was almost impossible even with disposable ones.

Maybe I'll just try again and be more careful with them this time
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1407 posts
566 upvotes
kookzy wrote: The pack I ordered a while ago was horrible. The masks smelled really musty/dirty so didn't feel safe putting them on my face.
You're supposed to wash them first before wearing.
fruitpunch.ben wrote:
Nose clips have broken on 2 of 3 of mine. And I don't wear masks often. Probably 5-10 at most.

Too bad, otherwise these are excellent. I was able to use the clip to make sure that there is no fogging of my glasses at all, something that was almost impossible even with disposable ones.

Maybe I'll just try again and be more careful with them this time
I think it's because we put them through the washing machine and the wire gets all mangled. I might order a few more sets and then just handwash them.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2971 posts
684 upvotes
Good price - I wear 2 of these (1 over the other). Although they're thinner, you get a 6-layer mesh (not AI-mesh compatible) just using the masks without any filtering material inserted.

I only handwash them (put 6 or more in a bucket with soapy warm water), then put them in a mesh garment bag for a rinse/spin cycle and then dry them on their own in the dryer for 20 mins. No broken nose bands yet. Side effect of drying them is to make the weave a bit tighter and also makes the masks slightly smaller and better fitting.

Expert tip: when you see/hear someone ahead of you cough/sneeze, stop and do a 180 and leave that aisle! ;)
Oct 7, 2009
714 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
You might find it for $ 6.97 in-store if you are lucky enough
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Apr 4, 2017
501 posts
409 upvotes
Junk masks, Bought 2 packs, washed them once and they pretty much fell apart after washing. Avoid
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7568 posts
1020 upvotes
GTA
Thanks! I bought these before and liked them so will pick up another package. I ordered these from Costco at the same time as I ordered the Rachel Ray masks and didn't like those ones at all.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1806 posts
1330 upvotes
GTA West
I just came back from Costco and got another pack.

These Tilleys are my favourites. We got a pack early in the pandemic and found they fit our faces well and the loop is adjustable. They have held up OK after repeated washing. We were using the 2.5 PM inserts in the pocket, but now I wear mine on top of my blue surgical mask. I wear the solid black and blue and camo and my wife wears the patterns and the pink.