[Costco] US Divers Snorkel kit (mask, snorkel, fins) - $29.97
https://www.costco.ca/U.S.-Diver's-Adul ... 60361.html
33 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2009
1143 posts
763 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
With brain-eating amoebae in warm fresh water, and flesh eating bacteria from scratches of shellfish in warm salt water, I'm staying far away from all H2O unless it's combined with C2H5OH.
Aug 10, 2013
390 posts
185 upvotes
Mississauga
RSole wrote: With brain-eating amoebae in warm fresh water, and flesh eating bacteria from scratches of shellfish in warm salt water, I'm staying far away from all H2O unless it's combined with C2H5OH.
Thanks you save me a return!
Nov 15, 2009
189 posts
417 upvotes
B.C.
RSole wrote: With brain-eating amoebae in warm fresh water, and flesh eating bacteria from scratches of shellfish in warm salt water, I'm staying far away from all H2O unless it's combined with C2H5OH.
Slightly over worried I think. You're probably more likely to get struck by lighting.

Good deal OP
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1362 posts
3099 upvotes
Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.
Nov 6, 2009
888 posts
141 upvotes
Say what???
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2007
1008 posts
512 upvotes
Just used this set in Hawaii and it did its purpose. Next time I would only bring the mask and leave the fins at home to save space in luggage.
Nov 9, 2013
691 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
Used 4 sets this spring in the Caribbean, worked really well.
Feb 23, 2010
199 posts
239 upvotes
Vancouver
Zero Hope wrote: Just used this set in Hawaii and it did its purpose. Next time I would only bring the mask and leave the fins at home to save space in luggage.
Did you not feel the needs to use the fins? I'm thinking if I should bring the fins to hawaii now..
Oct 14, 2017
678 posts
478 upvotes
humble_kid wrote: Did you not feel the needs to use the fins? I'm thinking if I should bring the fins to hawaii now..
I usually bring my fins along but my parents didn't use theirs at all. I find it easier to swim against waves with fins so I guess it really depends on which island you will be visiting/where you will be snorkelling.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8470 posts
2855 upvotes
Toronto
The dry snorkel is good. The mask is decent. Those fins are toy fins. Better to get real fins if you plan to do more serious snorkeling rather than one off rec snorkeling.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1488 posts
392 upvotes
Vancouver
humble_kid wrote: Did you not feel the needs to use the fins? I'm thinking if I should bring the fins to hawaii now..
if you are serious about snorkeling then you have to bring your fins. so much easier to get depth, go distance, fight currents, etc. If you only go out for a short period and not far, then yeah, maybe save the luggage space.

I go to hawaii with carry on only and still pack my fins.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1155 posts
1195 upvotes
I bought these last year and it's a decent mask and snorkel, I wanted it for the action camera hinge. Took a bunch of underwater footage in the Caribbean and it was fine.
I also ditched the fins at home too large to carry, and I did well enough without them.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2378 posts
2239 upvotes
Toronto
Worth every penny if it means you don't have to use the gross dive shop loaners