Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca US Divers Snorkel kit - $29.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 1:08 pm
Nov 9, 2013
637 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
Arrgh wrote: The dry snorkel is good. The mask is decent. Those fins are toy fins. Better to get real fins if you plan to do more serious snorkeling rather than one off rec snorkeling.
^^^This^^^ I much preferred the big fins I have from before, but they are a lot tougher to pack. I like to dive down and explore, so good fins are a must. The mask and snorkel work well though.
Jul 7, 2007
919 posts
397 upvotes
humble_kid wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 1:26 am
Did you not feel the needs to use the fins? I'm thinking if I should bring the fins to hawaii now..
If you plan on going deep, sure bring them. On Maui we went to Honolua bay and it wasn't deep. On Oahu we went to Hanauma bay and Lanikai beach and the waters weren't deep there. Both places we went to Oahu had lots of fishes to see when snorkeling. There are big turtles at Lanikai beach but you are suppose to stay 10 feet away. If you plan on going further/deeper, then bring your fins.
Apr 4, 2007
149 posts
62 upvotes
yvr
kaycee8877 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 3:28 am
I go to hawaii with carry on only and still pack my fins.
I pack my mask and snorkel, and rent fins for the week.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1530 posts
320 upvotes
I wonder if the store will have small/medium size.
Oct 22, 2007
144 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
is the sizing for your feet?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7735 posts
742 upvotes
Vancouver
One could strap fins to outside of carryon or use as personal item
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Feb 21, 2004
906 posts
111 upvotes
Hamilton
GangStarr wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 3:47 pm
One could strap fins to outside of carryon or use as personal item
Or just wear them :-)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1098 posts
401 upvotes
humble_kid wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 1:26 am
Did you not feel the needs to use the fins? I'm thinking if I should bring the fins to hawaii now..
I usually don't bring my fins either. I find it more pleasant in most situations to use my snorkel with Aqua Shoes instead.
Sep 15, 2006
802 posts
230 upvotes
I bought these a few years back for a trip to Hawaii, they did what I needed them to do.

To anyone with thick facial hair, consider getting a good diving sealer to put around the contact of the mask and your beard to avoid water leaking through. That was my biggest issue when snorkeling
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1530 posts
320 upvotes
my goggle gets foggy from me exhaling through my nose. I don't know if I am not using it properly but I haven't tested it yet in the water.
The quality seems pretty good. Got it at like 24$ at the warehouse.
Dec 1, 2016
330 posts
194 upvotes
jessicacha wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:33 am
my goggle gets foggy from me exhaling through my nose. I don't know if I am not using it properly but I haven't tested it yet in the water.
The quality seems pretty good. Got it at like 24$ at the warehouse.
Not sure if you are serious, but you dont exhale through the nose....
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1530 posts
320 upvotes
Bubblegum86 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:47 am
Not sure if you are serious, but you dont exhale through the nose....
I know... I'm not trying to exhale through my nose, it's just that naturally I find it hard to only breathe with my mouth. Like, if I'm not consciously thinking about it, I will revert back to trying to breathe with my nose and that's when it fogs up a bit.
maybe I should get those noseplugs swimmers put in their nose.
Dec 1, 2016
330 posts
194 upvotes
I returned mine as they were not sealing properly. Nose to long or something lok
Mar 28, 2019
25 posts
65 upvotes
The mask is okay quality, good for the odd use. If you are having fogging issues keep in mind you must burn off the protective layer on the inside of the lens as you do with most new masks. Lots of youtube videos showing you have to do this.