Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Wine Kits $69.99/79.99 ($20 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 7:24 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 14, 2012
572 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco.ca: Wine Kits $69.99/79.99 ($20 off)

Certain Costco wine kits are $20.00 off. Each makes 60 bottles of wine.

https://www.costco.ca/wine-beer-kits.html
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 29th, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
33 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12236 posts
19895 upvotes
$1.33 per bottle , perfect for COVID part deux
Sep 25, 2009
338 posts
226 upvotes
what do i actually need myself to make this?
May 27, 2008
253 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone try the 5.5L juice cellar master kits ? The platinum ones are 8L, (30 bottle yield) and regular Argentia Ridge 60 bottle kits are 7L. I've made many of the AR kits.
Jul 22, 2013
261 posts
124 upvotes
I think that's regular in store price? There would sales in store as well, I usually stock up then. But with free shipping it's not bad.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Tangerine, Amex
May 26, 2005
163 posts
119 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone have experience/can comment on the differences between the Argentia Ridge and Cellar Master (regular, not platinum) kits?

I see that the Cellar Master kits have a 5.5L pouch, while the Argentia Ridge kits have a 7L juice pouch.

I've only used the AR kits in the past, but was curious if the Cellar Master are as good. I usually buy them in the warehouse when they're on sale for $63.99, so close to the sale price of the Cellar Master kits right now.
Feb 11, 2017
115 posts
33 upvotes
Thanks Op! ordered one Cellar Master.
I used to buy Argentia Ridge trying first time with Cellar Master.
Jun 27, 2012
831 posts
1565 upvotes
Disclaimer that you can't just make it at home without proper equipment. People will probably try to just shove the cork in.
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1604 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto
There wouldn't happen to be similar kits for whiskey is there? lol
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2875 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
More_toys wrote: Anyone have experience/can comment on the differences between the Argentia Ridge and Cellar Master (regular, not platinum) kits?

I see that the Cellar Master kits have a 5.5L pouch, while the Argentia Ridge kits have a 7L juice pouch.

I've only used the AR kits in the past, but was curious if the Cellar Master are as good. I usually buy them in the warehouse when they're on sale for $63.99, so close to the sale price of the Cellar Master kits right now.
I've used the Argentia Ridge kits once before. My uncle picked it up for us when costco had it on sale for $65 a year or two ago. To be honest, it's a 7L concentrate bladder for a 23L batch (29-30 750ml bottles). The kit came with two bladders, to make the 60 bottles. I use this wine as cooking wine, it's not the best. I can't speak to the Cellar Master.

I prefer the RJS kits. They are a little more $95-$120 but you get 16-18L of juice, rather than 7L of concentrate. They are 6 and 8 week kits, but I let them sit for 8-12 months minimum and the taste it all there. Best place to get the kits are The Brew Kettle in Vaughan. You can even make it in shop there if you don't have the equipment at home.
May 27, 2008
253 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
More_toys wrote: ...I've only used the AR kits in the past, but was curious if the Cellar Master are as good. I usually buy them in the warehouse when they're on sale for $63.99, so close to the sale price of the Cellar Master kits right now.
Nice! I wish my local Costco carried the kits... I think the cheapest I got online was for $75 or $80 a couple years ago.
Apr 25, 2004
48 posts
16 upvotes
More_toys wrote: Anyone have experience/can comment on the differences between the Argentia Ridge and Cellar Master (regular, not platinum) kits?
I have tried most of the Costco (and other) concentrated grape juice kits. They will definitely ferment and make alcohol if that is your end goal, but I've never had anything taste remotely like store bought wine. Making wine is hard, and using concentrated juices will remove a lot of the flavours you probably associate with wine. Turning this into wine will require a bit of specialized equipment as others have linked to, and a lot of time and dedication. If you're really interested in making wine, I think a much better route to go is to buy fresh pressed juice. It is simpler and you'll likely have better results. It is also somehow cheaper than these kits and may make wine you might actually drink (all of my costco kits have ended up down the drain).

A 20L pail of fresh pressed California juice can be bought for $25. It usually contains whatever wild yeast was present on the grape skins so if you're feeling particularly lazy you can just let it warm up to room temperature and away you go! Unfortunately Costco does not sell fresh juice so you'll have to find a specialty store. I go to Costa's (https://www.costaswinecountry.ca), but you'll need to be local in the GTHA area.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)