Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: Xterra ERG600W Water Rower - $649

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 12:43 pm
Dec 8, 2016
45 posts
44 upvotes
fatdad wrote: You mean you were able to order the concept 2 from their own website? May I ask how much it cost? Did it include customs/cross-border duty? Amazon had it for 1800+tax and I'm kicking myself for not biting.
It came to C$1548 with shipping and taxes. The website states the manufacturer covers custom fees. Bit cheaper than Amazon & private sellers eg on fb marketplace & Kijiji.
This is the link I used: https://www.roguecanada.ca/black-concep ... -rower-pm5
Jun 29, 2016
918 posts
449 upvotes
Any recommendations on a exercise bike?
Prefer spin style bikes.
Feb 2, 2010
938 posts
763 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Just a guess but probably has to do with the resistance feel. How it changes with intensity, how it changes over your entire range of motion etc. Maybe a bit of gimmick in there as well?

Maybe the sloshing sound helps your mind too Face With Tears Of Joy?
Had a water rower and sold it. For many reasons it is just not a good resistance mechanism and so not a very good workout (IMHO). My next one will be magnetic; quiet, reliable and much more adjustable.
May 19, 2020
33 posts
16 upvotes
Ish001 wrote: It came to C$1548 with shipping and taxes. The website states the manufacturer covers custom fees. Bit cheaper than Amazon & private sellers eg on fb marketplace & Kijiji.
I was on the waitlist with concept as well but got it from local supplier and It takes about 4 weeks to receive it though.
Dec 8, 2016
45 posts
44 upvotes
BudD62653 wrote: I was on the waitlist with concept as well but got it from local supplier and It takes about 4 weeks to receive it though.
How much was it from a local seller? A lot of local websites said to call for pricing which I found a bit strange (that was the only item that didn't list a price).
Oct 29, 2016
105 posts
115 upvotes
Markham, ON
I didn't know that such a thing actually exists. Questions for you folks that own one of those. Does it really provide a full-body workout? Do you still feel progress even if you use this machine continuously? I'm very interested in that now since doesn't require a large footprint if I need to store it.
Feb 2, 2010
938 posts
763 upvotes
Scodino wrote: I didn't know that such a thing actually exists. Questions for you folks that own one of those. Does it really provide a full-body workout? Do you still feel progress even if you use this machine continuously? I'm very interested in that now since doesn't require a large footprint if I need to store it.
My problem with it was that once you get it going, the water provides very little resistance until the end of the stroke, and even then, it moves too easily. Mine had a resistance adjustment, but it made no difference. I've used several types of rowing machines in gyms and at home, and the water-rower was the only one that didn't give me a "pump" after use. The final test was when my wife used it for 30 minutes and didn't even break a sweat, and she had never used one before and generally doesn't do aerobic workouts. They are very nice "looking" units and the fact that they store upright is very handy, but as far as workout equipment is concerned, they are just a gimmick (IMHO).
Oct 29, 2016
105 posts
115 upvotes
Markham, ON
Tapout123 wrote: My problem with it was that once you get it going, the water provides very little resistance until the end of the stroke, and even then, it moves too easily. Mine had a resistance adjustment, but it made no difference. I've used several types of rowing machines in gyms and at home, and the water-rower was the only one that didn't give me a "pump" after use. The final test was when my wife used it for 30 minutes and didn't even break a sweat, and she had never used one before and generally doesn't do aerobic workouts. They are very nice "looking" units and the fact that they store upright is very handy, but as far as workout equipment is concerned, they are just a gimmick (IMHO).
That's too bad then. I thought that could have an adjustment to provide some serious resistance as one progresses. Although the water-rower ones don't give a pump, would you recommend the non-water models, like the Concept 2 mentioned earlier?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2148 posts
373 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Ish001 wrote: How much was it from a local seller? A lot of local websites said to call for pricing which I found a bit strange (that was the only item that didn't list a price).
Do you have a large truck to pick it up at a local store?

Costco provides free shipping and almost "lifetime" warranty. I don't think any local dealers can beat that.
Feb 2, 2010
938 posts
763 upvotes
Scodino wrote: That's too bad then. I thought that could have an adjustment to provide some serious resistance as one progresses. Although the water-rower ones don't give a pump, would you recommend the non-water models, like the Concept 2 mentioned earlier?
Originally, I thought it might be just me; that I was just not using the rower properly or wasn't going hard enough, but then my wife tried it and found the same thing. Also, I remembered that when I asked the woman I bought it from ( a cop) why she was selling it, she said that it just "wasn't for her" so I'm guessing she experienced the same thing that I did.

The Concept is a top-of-the-line rower, they have variable resistance and are well-made, albeit expensive. My only issue with air-resistance rowers is that I find them to be really noisy, and I usually like to watch TV while rowing (or riding the stationary bike or using the elliptical) so unless you have a decent pair of noise-cancelling headphones you really cant hear anything except the rower. My experience with any moving-part or variable-resistance exercise equipment is that the magnetic-resistance type gives the best workout and is also very quiet and very reliable. I'm sure the air-resistance models have their pro's too, but for me, they're just too noisy (especially if you're using it in the same room as someone who is trying to watch TV).
May 13, 2015
777 posts
1085 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
sixer wrote: Do it right and buy a Concept 2, the best rower in market, with the best performance monitor of all time.

Unfortunately demand outstripping supply at this time.

https://www.roguecanada.ca/black-concep ... -rower-pm5
water rowers are much quieter than a concept2... but yes, otherwise, the concept2 will be better. but I guess some people like the feel of water better and you can do your workout without waking up the whole house.
Jul 13, 2015
193 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
I realize it is a different rower, but does anyone here have the Fitness Reality 1000 from Costco? If so, how do you like it?
May 19, 2020
33 posts
16 upvotes
Ish001 wrote: How much was it from a local seller? A lot of local websites said to call for pricing which I found a bit strange (that was the only item that didn't list a price).
$1500 plus gst but I did get higher prices from other places so it does help to shop around.
Oct 29, 2016
105 posts
115 upvotes
Markham, ON
Tapout123 wrote: Originally, I thought it might be just me; that I was just not using the rower properly or wasn't going hard enough, but then my wife tried it and found the same thing. Also, I remembered that when I asked the woman I bought it from ( a cop) why she was selling it, she said that it just "wasn't for her" so I'm guessing she experienced the same thing that I did.

The Concept is a top-of-the-line rower, they have variable resistance and are well-made, albeit expensive. My only issue with air-resistance rowers is that I find them to be really noisy, and I usually like to watch TV while rowing (or riding the stationary bike or using the elliptical) so unless you have a decent pair of noise-cancelling headphones you really cant hear anything except the rower. My experience with any moving-part or variable-resistance exercise equipment is that the magnetic-resistance type gives the best workout and is also very quiet and very reliable. I'm sure the air-resistance models have their pro's too, but for me, they're just too noisy (especially if you're using it in the same room as someone who is trying to watch TV).
Thank you for the detailed explanation! Will help me to make a decision in the future.
Nov 30, 2019
17 posts
5 upvotes
Ish001 wrote: It came to C$1548 with shipping and taxes. The website states the manufacturer covers custom fees. Bit cheaper than Amazon & private sellers eg on fb marketplace & Kijiji.
Big thank you! I managed to grab one from rogue yesterday and got the same total. I'm trying not to think about how much I have spent on home gym equipment this month :( Hopefully will improve lung function before the kids bring covid home from school :-p