[Costco] Costco.ca: Xterra FB360 Folding X-Bike $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2020 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4172 posts
3449 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this at Costco.ca so that I can get some cardio when I can't bike because of the weather, and will be returning it after using it once.

PROS: It's compact, light enough for moving around, and fine for light users and people who won't pedal hard. The seat-back is good for people for sitting completely upright.

CONS: Not much resistance at highest level. On my mountain bike, my smartwatch says I average 145 bpm when I push myself for 1/2 hour at a time. On this exercise bike, at the highest resistance (which is pretty low compared to my mountain bike), I pedalled faster to get my heart rate up to about the same. After about 20 minutes, there was a regular thumping noise from the crank area and it was pretty warm to the touch. I read a few online reviews (on Amazon) mentioning this, but I hoped they got a lemon and mine would be fine. But I guess I'm above the range of their average user, so I packed it up to return.

For the price, it checks many boxes for light users. There are many folding bikes in this range, but the seat back is a bonus, along with Costco return policy. This would be good for people don't really do any cardio at all right now and want to burn some calories at a low price point. For anyone currently biking and/or doing medium amounts of cardio, they should look elsewhere, but then we're talking about $500+ for a regular exercise bike.
Jun 9, 2015
839 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I called Costco Woodbridge to see if they have it in store. Was told nobody has it right now.
Mar 23, 2018
198 posts
66 upvotes
Thanks OP! Ordered one...let’s see how it goes lol. I’ve found other models to be too tall and long, and people keep saying it’s only good for short people, so maybe this one will be perfect :)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1702 posts
2549 upvotes
I just ordered one. I went in store (Kenaston Winnipeg) and asked them to look up the product code. They said that it's an online only item and not available in stores.

Comparing prices it's a good deal. Amazon carries the lower models (FB150 and FB350) and both are more expensive with less features.