Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco - Chamberlain 1 1/4HP Camera Belt garage opener 299.97$ YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2021 9:28 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
657 posts
708 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec

[Costco] Costco - Chamberlain 1 1/4HP Camera Belt garage opener 299.97$ YMMV

Saw this one clearance at Costco Brossard.
It was 399 last week.
HD sells this as well.
Model b6765. Item no. 2020820

Same as HD one, but non sale price 569.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/chambe ... 1001588567

For comparaison, costco.ca sells the same, but without camera, 399.99....$ (typically online cost more)
https://www.costco.ca/chamberlain-wi-fi ... 87143.html
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by BertL67369 on May 19th, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best garage door openers!
205 replies
Newbie
Sep 6, 2019
5 posts
I just bought
this one from Amazon...

I don't know the specs on the one posted, but the one from Amazon has the battery backup and myQ, on top of being 1 1/4hp. Found it while trying to price match Lowe's to HD. I think both of the other stores are charging 60-100 bucks more.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
657 posts
708 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
sikeclass wrote: I just bought
this one from Amazon...

I don't know the specs on the one posted, but the one from Amazon has the battery backup and myQ, on top of being 1 1/4hp. Found it while trying to price match Lowe's to HD. I think both of the other stores are charging 60-100 bucks more.
This one has battery, myQ, and Camera as well, and entry pad.
Images
  • upload.jpg
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Member
Nov 8, 2007
477 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
1 1/4HP seems like a lot of juice to open virtually every residential garage?
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
657 posts
708 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Babbsy wrote: 1 1/4HP seems like a lot of juice to open virtually every residential garage?
Being more powerful and direct drive plus belt is good price.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2811 posts
605 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Thanks OP, I'll have to look out for this when the lockdown ends in Ontario
Newbie
Mar 21, 2019
68 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I'm doing a price match from home depot right now rona has the one without the camera for 299 years should get meet and beat. Only reason I'm doing that one is I have a gift card for home depot and I don't really care for the camera because I'm pretty sure you need to get a subscription to use the camera
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
1443 posts
234 upvotes
Calgary
AdamN8304 wrote: I'm doing a price match from home depot right now rona has the one without the camera for 299 years should get meet and beat. Only reason I'm doing that one is I have a gift card for home depot and I don't really care for the camera because I'm pretty sure you need to get a subscription to use the camera
https://www.myq.com/smart-garage-video

Says that you get for free:

Live Streaming
2-way audio
Motion alerts *
Custom motion alerts with scheduler

But you dont get the actual recordings,which i think i can live with.
Member
Dec 12, 2003
303 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond
Would really appreciate if anyone is at the Richmond BC warehouse if they can confirm price and availability.
Newbie
Mar 21, 2019
68 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm I guess I'm partially wrong if you just want the live view but I can't get it anyway being in ontario
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
657 posts
708 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
when is lockdown suppose to end in ON?
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1843 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
AdamN8304 wrote: I'm doing a price match from home depot right now rona has the one without the camera for 299 years should get meet and beat. Only reason I'm doing that one is I have a gift card for home depot and I don't really care for the camera because I'm pretty sure you need to get a subscription to use the camera
Can you link to the one you’re seeing a rona? I
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
20383 posts
7815 upvotes
Toronto
If you don't have a battery back-up on a garage door opener, you can't just manually open the door?

How does a battery back up work? Is it receiving electricity at all times? Seems like a waste.
*Future garage door owner lol
Last edited by DaVibe on May 19th, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Member
Oct 22, 2011
221 posts
296 upvotes
I saw a pallet of them at willingdon Costco today if anyone is looking for these @ 299
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2012
509 posts
494 upvotes
Mississauga
Gotcha, realized the same and edited the post.
Last edited by RFDler on May 19th, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Jul 24, 2005
332 posts
415 upvotes
GTA
DaVibe wrote: If you don't have a battery back-up on a garage door opener, you can't just manually open the door?

How does a battery back up work? Is it receiving electricity at all times? Seems like a waste.
*Future garage door owner lol
Can you manually open it yes. The caveat is you need to get to the pull cord to release the door form the track. To do that you need get into the garage or have a keyed emergency release installed on the door.

Yes the battery is being charged like every other device in your house that is powered by AC and also has a battery.

Top