• Mar 2nd, 2021 10:17 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22136 posts
166261 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Costco Chocolate Lover's Trio or Chocolate Chunk Cookies - $5.99

Don't often see Costco bakery stuff on sale, but for 2 weeks, Costco has their Chocolate Lover's Trio Cookies or Chocolate Chunk Cookies on sale for $5.99 ($2 off). Don't know the actual weight of the package, but there are usually 24 fairly large sized cookies in each.

25 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2067 posts
1261 upvotes
Markham
This is part of their March sale.
-------
Thank you
Oct 14, 2015
367 posts
352 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Dam you to hell Sir .... UV op !

mmmm cookies

Aug 25, 2011
223 posts
228 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I love those chocolate chunk cookies. Just one question, how many km's do you have to run on treadmill to burn the calories of one piece?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7204 posts
2040 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
I think buying the larger pack in the freezer is a better deal + gives you the option of baking a couple at a time for when you want a fresh sweet treat.
Apr 16, 2008
327 posts
297 upvotes
bullbell wrote: I love those chocolate chunk cookies. Just one question, how many km's do you have to run on treadmill to burn the calories of one piece?
Wait, how do you eat just one? This concept is foreign to me.
Oct 1, 2007
263 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Their white chocolate macadamia cookies are soooooo good.
Apr 22, 2014
5 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I promised myself I wouldn't buy it next time I went to Costco
May 10, 2018
106 posts
70 upvotes
Here I am thinking I can do a quick in and out trip for diapers. I see a slight detour for cookies now.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22136 posts
166261 upvotes
GTA
newt_101 wrote: I think buying the larger pack in the freezer is a better deal + gives you the option of baking a couple at a time for when you want a fresh sweet treat.
True - heard of that but never bought it before - downside there is I can't recall if they had all the same varieties included here or not (I'm thinking not)...

Plus side - not being able to dig into the box even before you get home + having to turn on oven each time = eating less - I guess that's a win, lol
Last edited by toguy on Mar 1st, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12556 posts
7296 upvotes
Markham
Posted many times...buy Ghirardelli Brownie mix and use the mix to make triple chocolate cookies. Mix and cook whatever you want to eat and freeze the other balls for future bake offs. Good for the diet as you don't have to eat all of them. These cookies are crisp on the edge and a bit chewy towards the middle...like eating corner brownie.

Periodically if I'm cooking something in the toaster oven, I will bake off a few cookies after I pull out my food.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7204 posts
2040 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
gr8dlr wrote: Posted many times...buy Ghirardelli Brownie mix and use the mix to make triple chocolate cookies. Mix and cook whatever you want to eat and freeze the other balls for future bake offs. Good for the diet as you don't have to eat all of them. These cookies are crisp on the edge and a bit chewy towards the middle...like eating corner brownie.

Periodically if I'm cooking something in the toaster oven, I will bake off a few cookies after I pull out my food.
Is the recipe for the cookies on the box or is there a link for it?
I'd be cool to try this out to compare to my own go-to homemade recipes.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12556 posts
7296 upvotes
Markham
newt_101 wrote: Is the recipe for the cookies on the box or is there a link for it?
I'd be cool to try this out to compare to my own go-to homemade recipes.
Not on the box....they should put it on there. The recipe below adds chips but there are chips in the triple mix box

https://savoringtoday.com/ghirardelli-b ... x-cookies/

Really tasty cookie...I actually like making it over the brownie.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7204 posts
2040 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
gr8dlr wrote: Not on the box....they should put it on there. The recipe below adds chips but there are chips in the triple mix box

https://savoringtoday.com/ghirardelli-b ... x-cookies/

Really tasty cookie...I actually like making it over the brownie.
Sweet. Will pick it up this week to try.
And I'm guessing substituting the coconut oil for butter would still do the trick
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12556 posts
7296 upvotes
Markham
newt_101 wrote: Sweet. Will pick it up this week to try.
And I'm guessing substituting the coconut oil for butter would still do the trick
Yes. I use canola because it's the most handy...can just pour it out into measuring cup.

Jan 19, 2017
526 posts
834 upvotes
bullbell wrote: I love those chocolate chunk cookies. Just one question, how many km's do you have to run on treadmill to burn the calories of one piece?
Very dumb question lol. You burn anywhere from 1500-2000 calories per day just from being alive. Factors vary depending on activity level etc. So if you are eating below that thresehold, none. However if your eating your daily calorie intake and then eating cookies on top of that, probably 2 KM run per cookie, but i don't think you post that comment actually looking for an answer.
May 23, 2011
29 posts
70 upvotes
Ottawa
RedSwagDeals wrote: Very dumb question lol. You burn anywhere from 1500-2000 calories per day just from being alive. Factors vary depending on activity level etc. So if you are eating below that thresehold, none. However if your eating your daily calorie intake and then eating cookies on top of that, probably 2 KM run per cookie, but i don't think you post that comment actually looking for an answer.
Images
  • cookie.png
Jan 19, 2017
526 posts
834 upvotes
DON231 wrote:
Also hard to use this as 24 minutes of jogging for someone 5 foot 3 and 120 pounds Vs someone who is 6 foot 2 and 240 pounds is very different.
Aug 25, 2011
223 posts
228 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
RedSwagDeals wrote: Very dumb question lol. You burn anywhere from 1500-2000 calories per day just from being alive. Factors vary depending on activity level etc. So if you are eating below that thresehold, none. However if your eating your daily calorie intake and then eating cookies on top of that, probably 2 KM run per cookie, but i don't think you post that comment actually looking for an answer.
No, I was quite serious. I really like cookies/donuts. I just don't want to spend too much time on treadmill because of cookies. It's quire boring