Expired Hot Deals

Costco

COSTCO: Coleman 8-person Arrowhead Tent (139.99$+tx) (Reg.179.99$)

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2021 10:11 pm
[OP]
May 18, 2010
101 posts
71 upvotes

[Costco] COSTCO: Coleman 8-person Arrowhead Tent (139.99$+tx) (Reg.179.99$)

Hi all,

I don't usually post deal as I never get any, but thought this one was good. I didn't find it posted on the forum. We just came back from Costco and bought the Coleman 8-person Arrowhead Tent.

https://www.costco.ca/coleman---tente-a ... 24274.html

It is listed as 189.99$ on Costco website. At the store, it was listed at 179.99$ - 40$ rebate. It is a really good price for an 8 place tent. We are going to try it next week-end.

Location was Lachenaie, QC. There was 1 left (we bought 2, one for a friend). If I remember correctly, the deal was until tomorrow (July 26).

Regards
36 replies
Jul 12, 2008
105 posts
221 upvotes
Calgary
8 person really means 3-4 people lol. Good value though.
May 15, 2009
214 posts
429 upvotes
Ottawa
I would say 6 for this one... we had one before and it was huge for our family of 4! Tons of space, could put all our luggage/bags in there. We returned it because its footprint was too big.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3788 posts
1920 upvotes
Vancouver
Every year I look at this when it shows up on RFD, and every year I'm disappointed because I keep forgetting these don't have a full fly.
Dec 14, 2011
680 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
Have a similar sized 8 person tent from Coleman and it’s able to fit 4 people very comfortably with two queen air beds and lots of room to spare. You can fit 6 people with three twin/double air beds but you might have to leave your bags in the car in order to not feel as cramped. My girlfriend and I usually do the latter option with two couples we’re really good friends with.

It’s basically required to bring a tarp or two in case it rains. I wouldn’t trust any fly that comes with the tent.
Last edited by 416vtyou on Jul 25th, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 16, 2006
316 posts
297 upvotes
Bought this tent 2 years ago with similar Costco deal.
Given the price it’s a decent deal.

While it is officially a free-standing tent, the poles could be thicker to make it sturdier. If the wind comes up it can flatten the tent almost to the ground which isn’t pleasant when you are in it.This is remedied by staking down the fly with the guy ropes (which you can then trip over).
Fly goes to the ground which is nice and is waterproof.
Can get hot In the sun with the fly on. Removing the fly reveals the full mosquito mesh roof. Nice except birds can fling droppings to your sleeping bag. Of course in a campground you can always put up a tarp above the tent.

It’s around 10x17 so easily fits 3 double mattresses.
Has a nice vestibule to stand under for entering/exiting the tent.
Mar 16, 2006
316 posts
297 upvotes
It does have a full fly.
Bishop8 wrote: Every year I look at this when it shows up on RFD, and every year I'm disappointed because I keep forgetting these don't have a full fly.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3788 posts
1920 upvotes
Vancouver
amac wrote: It does have a full fly.
Weird -- I wonder which one I was looking at previously from Costco that didn't have the fully fly?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2115 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
Damn was looking for online sale
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2115 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
2K6TSX wrote: Damn was looking for online sale
Any sightings for $140 in GTA?
Feb 11, 2007
26 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Got one from Richmond Hill Costco on Wednesday.
Nov 22, 2005
76 posts
55 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Bought one earlier this month, put it up for testing purpose, seams are poorly sewn and were busting. Glad I tested before going on a 2 day trip. Returned to Costco
Nov 18, 2004
268 posts
128 upvotes
Richmond Hill
2K6TSX wrote: Any sightings for $140 in GTA?
When we were at Elgin Mills\Leslie, it was sold out, few locations around GTA had some stocks left, we ended up going to New Market to pick one up. (6 left at round 5:30pm)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2558 posts
3618 upvotes
GTA
We have this. Got it a few years ago.
Full fly. Ventilation is fine, even with the fly.
We use a cheap CT tarp under it on the ground just in case (keeping it under the tent so rain runoff will not pool on if). Never felt any rain or moisture inside.
It’s massive. For us 4, it feels like a mansion. I’m thinking of bringing a couch and big screen TV next time. Kidding, but I literally could easily fit that and 2 queen air beds and all gear. For 6, it would still be huge. Beds and gear inside. It will certainly sleep 8 as Coleman says.
It’s heavy, so car camping only.

Nothing has broken on ours during multiple uses and heavy downpours. Having 2 people to set it up and take it down is way better because it is so big and the poles are so long when assembled. We don’t abuse it, but not baby it either. We’re happy with it and we paid $180+tax. $140 is a bargain.
Jan 2, 2011
493 posts
345 upvotes
Just got one in heartland! 6 are left. It doesn't show rebate on price tag but on cash out it applies.

Burlington has 35.

Thx OP. Amazing deal for full fly tent.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
2401 posts
1978 upvotes
Montreal
WL1980 wrote: 8 people in a tent. Hmm... Thinking Face
8 is more of a 6 persons tent.

Always remove 2
Jan 2, 2012
65 posts
186 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
FYI, I did see this at Dundas & Dixie location (Mississauga). From what I remember they did have quite a few there. Mind you I was there before the weekend.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21300 posts
4495 upvotes
YUL
hhshin wrote: Bought one earlier this month, put it up for testing purpose, seams are poorly sewn and were busting. Glad I tested before going on a 2 day trip. Returned to Costco
You can't expect a good quality tent that size at this price. From a reputable brand, an 8-person tent is $500-1000. Cheap stuff like this might last you a few camping trips and you better pray it doesn't rain lol