Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] [Costco East] (Brossard + Bridge + Candiac + Sherbooke + ???) Oct. 26 to Nov. 1, 2020...

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 9:51 am
Tags:
None
Member
User avatar
Mar 31, 2011
268 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
Am I the only one picking up the intended pun ? Big beef with you...AAA eye of round...
OP have a good sense of humor...
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 23, 2004
11952 posts
137512 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Usually the 2 (ends Tuesday) days sales that was ending was from last week, which I did covered and honestly, that's part of the sale was last week. If some items extended to this week by 2 days, I still consider part of last week...

I could go ahead and take a more closer picture or find a way to indicate which items ends during the week, but I'm not spending the entire day at a Costco. I already covering the Business Center and maybe the Bridge Costco along my usual Brossard run on Monday. All of this takes me hours to do of my own time. Also, I even request my Monday off (and if Monday is a holiday, the next day) at my new job so I can actually keep doing my thread. If I can do a full-time job out of it, I can be really detailed in my post. I'll even go in to do the weekends only sales, too.

Ju Leon...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 26, 2018
943 posts
2175 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote: HOT CRAZY! Apple juice is on sale...
Hi Ju Leon, when I saw the first AJ image without a thumbs up I thought you betrayed us AJ enthusiasts until I saw the second one a few posts later.
7353263_original.jpg
7353379_original.jpg
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
7353261_original.jpg

Jokes aside, This item doesn't seem to match the price tag over it because of the two different names and weights
(1.25kg on the product itself vs 1.03kg on the card)
Thanks again and all those who contribute to this amazing weekly thread. Take care.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
PepperDiamond wrote: I have spoken. This is the way. (Oct. 30)
Nothing to add here, just want to say that's MY quoteAngry Face Only I am allowed to use it in this forum. I will be awaiting your natural removal of my property, jkSmiling Face With Open Mouth
I have spoken
Avatar origins story
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1008 posts
1235 upvotes
Ottawa
PepperDiamond wrote: Why do you go out of your way to omit sales that are not “full-week” sales??? Those are often the BEST deals! I mean you are already there. Just include these deals too.
I've brought it up in the past too. Covid or not, this is a DEAL thread so we want to see the DEALS!

I know OP takes a lot of time to do this for us... but to look at a sale sign, read the date, and then choose not to take a picture because it ends in 2 days is frustrating to me as well.

There are not many 2 day sales, so imo it would only take a couple extra minutes to remember those pictures and filter them out of the main upload. Then just include those couple pictures at the very end in their own post which OP can clearly mark as "2 day sales" or whatever to appease the downvoters who are unable to read sale dates.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2012
54 posts
56 upvotes
hweinb wrote: Am I the only one picking up the intended pun ? Big beef with you...AAA eye of round...
OP have a good sense of humor...
This part was much less humorous if joking was the intention, it’s a fail: “
In fact, I noticed that you post many pictures of items that are not even on sale. There must be an ulterior motive why you are not including these other sales. Do you work for Costco management or something? Promoting select items only?“
Newbie
Feb 24, 2018
9 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
PepperDiamond wrote: Ju Leon: I have a big beef with YOU!

In the St-Hubert business thread you posted to another member that you omitted a specific sale because it ended in 2 days ( $15 per pack discount for AAA EYE OF ROUND) . I’ve noticed you did this in the past too. Why do you go out of your way to omit sales that are not “full-week” sales??? Those are often the BEST deals! I mean you are already there. Just include these deals too.

Everyone knows that YMMV in these cases. No one is going to get MAD at you for including deals that end in less than 7 days.

We’re not asking that you take extraordinary measures to post these two day sales. But I mean you are already there and already taking pictures. So why not. Just include them in your tread.

In fact, I noticed that you post many pictures of items that are not even on sale. There must be an ulterior motive why you are not including these other sales. Do you work for Costco management or something? Promoting select items only?

Other RFD members what do you think?

PepperDiamond
What Ju leon decides to post or not post is entirely up to Ju.
Starting your remarks with "I have a big beef with you" is not the way to get on someone's good side. I was not impressed. Sounds like someone who is feeling a little entitled is making a demand.

How about starting with "I really appreciate all the effort you put into creating this post", and then, politely state that you would appreciate the posting of the two day sales as well. In general, this might work out better for future comments.
Member
Nov 6, 2013
378 posts
228 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Howitzer1 wrote: I've brought it up in the past too. Covid or not, this is a DEAL thread so we want to see the DEALS!

I know OP takes a lot of time to do this for us... but to look at a sale sign, read the date, and then choose not to take a picture because it ends in 2 days is frustrating to me as well.

There are not many 2 day sales, so imo it would only take a couple extra minutes to remember those pictures and filter them out of the main upload. Then just include those couple pictures at the very end in their own post which OP can clearly mark as "2 day sales" or whatever to appease the downvoters who are unable to read sale dates.
This has got to be sublime trolling. You are complaining that Ju Leon, a complete stranger to you who dedicates several hours of his time each week to provide this service, does not also take the time to separate out two-day sales for you? He has made a conscious decision not to based on blowback he has received in the past. Can you blame him? (That's a rhetorical question. Apparently you can.)

Now, would I prefer it if JL did include 2-day sales? Yes! But if I felt very strongly about it, I would simply ask if it's doable or if he would reconsider his decision. Perhaps you have ("I've brought it up in the past") and he stuck with his original decision. In which case... why are we still having this discussion? Feels like I'm taking crazy pills!
Newbie
Nov 16, 2013
34 posts
10 upvotes
porksoda wrote: plus there are folks that do weekend updates for the two day sales, not hard to find.
You’re right. Others post updates but I just want to get that idea out of Ju Leon’s head that people are going to downvote him or get mad at him if he posts a 2-day sale.
inferno_gn wrote: I could go ahead and take a more closer picture or find a way to indicate which items ends during the week, but I'm not spending the entire day at a Costco. I already covering the Business Center and maybe the Bridge Costco along my usual Brossard run on Monday. All of this takes me hours to do of my own time.....
Ju Leon...
Absolutely not. I don’t want you to do extra work. I love the work that you do. Correct me if I’m wrong but, as @Howitzer1 pointed out below,
Howitzer1 wrote: I've brought it up in the past too. Covid or not, this is a DEAL thread so we want to see the DEALS!

I know OP takes a lot of time to do this for us... but to look at a sale sign, read the date, and then choose not to take a picture because it ends in 2 days is frustrating to me as well.
Is it not more work to actually sift through your pictures to remove 2-day sales?
websunny wrote: This part was much less humorous if joking was the intention, it’s a fail: “
In fact, I noticed that you post many pictures of items that are not even on sale. There must be an ulterior motive why you are not including these other sales. Do you work for Costco management or something? Promoting select items only?“
Don’t get your panties in a bunch people. It’s just a discussion folks. Perhaps I should not have insinuated this. I guess I was trying to be like the fake news, in order to get some people going. My bad.
SmartyRed wrote: What Ju leon decides to post or not post is entirely up to Ju.....
You’re right. He can post pictures of rainbow colored donkeys if he wants.

@inferno_gn : As @SmartyRed suggests, “ I really appreciate all the effort you put into creating this post“. Just want you to get this idea out of your head that we will get mad at you if you post a 2-day sale.
Diakonos wrote: ...You are complaining that Ju Leon, a complete stranger to you who dedicates several hours of his time each week to provide this service, does not also take the time to separate out two-day sales for you?
...
@Diakonos: Quite the opposite. I actually want him do do less work and not “separate out” stuff. Just post everything. Lol


almasyseifer wrote: Nothing to add here, just want to say that's MY quoteAngry Face Only I am allowed to use it in this forum. I will be awaiting your natural removal of my property, jkSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Lol. I apologize. How about I remove “I have spoken” and stick to “This is the Way” only.

PepperDiamond
This is the Way. (Oct. 30)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 28, 2007
656 posts
325 upvotes
Thorold
Anyone got any idea what they have in the warehouse in terms of office chairs right now?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1008 posts
1235 upvotes
Ottawa
Diakonos wrote: This has got to be sublime trolling. You are complaining that Ju Leon, a complete stranger to you who dedicates several hours of his time each week to provide this service, does not also take the time to separate out two-day sales for you? He has made a conscious decision not to based on blowback he has received in the past. Can you blame him? (That's a rhetorical question. Apparently you can.)

Now, would I prefer it if JL did include 2-day sales? Yes! But if I felt very strongly about it, I would simply ask if it's doable or if he would reconsider his decision. Perhaps you have ("I've brought it up in the past") and he stuck with his original decision. In which case... why are we still having this discussion? Feels like I'm taking crazy pills!
lol in a way he already does take the time to separate out the 2 day sales, which is our point! @inferno_gn can do whatever he wants, I was merely replying to someone who wanted to discuss the fact that those 2 day sale items are being actively omitted.

I thought my reply was candid... but if certain discussions make you take "crazy pills" then perhaps ignoring them would be better for your health.
Member
Nov 6, 2013
378 posts
228 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Howitzer1 wrote: but if certain discussions make you take "crazy pills" then perhaps ignoring them would be better for your health.


I feel like I've been pretty clear about what I take to be like entitlement, esp. if JL has made a clear decision about what he's willing to do or not. I get where you're coming from. JL giveth and taketh away! :shrug:
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 23, 2004
11952 posts
137512 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Do you know that lots of items, ends many different days some have 9 days (hence why it ends on a Tuesday, the 2 days extra) ,others ends the end of the week of the sale (Sunday), others are 2 weeks (the Sunday after), but that is usually due to the flyer as it is for 2 weeks. I have to give and take. Before, I used to do everything, including the promos that ends in 2 days, but it got so much confusion and disappointed that when people pop in on a Friday and it ain't on sale anymore. It got worst when I did the month thread when Costco did a month sale, presumely to reduce loads of people coming every week. I tried really hard but in the end, it got confusing which is still valid and which is expired. So in the end, I just do whatever is a week or longer everytime I go on a Monday. If you didn't go and buy the stock during that week sale, if by any chance it extended for another 2 days in Monday the week after, be happy and stock up.

At least, 99% what I posted will be at least on sale until the end of the week, least what's on sale. Clearance items is until it's sold out, it doesn't count...

I wish I can improved this thread even more, but it is the lack of time. I would love to be able to seperate more, weekends only "specials" and even the extra 2 days that ends on Tuesday. I would love to go on weekends and check if there are weekends sales, too. But I don't have the time...

I would love to take closer pictures of the sign so you can see the dates, but it is also a bigger risk getting into crap because you're not allowed to take pictures at Costco. I think they tolerate it because it draws free advertising for them.

I already got into trouble once before and one of the Costco staff did a racist/stereotypes comment at me that I own a depaneaur and trying to take pictures to get better pricing and some other BS that staff was ranting about. I couldn't fight back or argue and give that staff crap because it will just get attention to what I was doing. But that was a really discriminating comments and very insulting. That incident still upset me alot since that day.

If I can actually make something out of this thread, it would be nice. I even jokingly theorically if everyone would give a 1$, a tip that find this thread very helpful, at the time when my old car finally died and I have to borrow or get a lift to do continued to do my thread, I could use it to get a better car and it would make things alot easier to keep doing what I do, but I got negative comments for asking that. But I understand, it is RFD.

I think I been doing this for years and I haven't even miss a beat. I still did my Costco thread after getting my wisdom tooth taken out in the morning...

I do want to do more, I really wish I could...

Ju Leon...
Newbie
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Do you know that lots of items, ends many different days some have 9 days (hence why it ends on a Tuesday, the 2 days extra) ,others ends the end of the week of the sale (Sunday), others are 2 weeks (the Sunday after), but that is usually due to the flyer as it is for 2 weeks. I have to give and take. Before, I used to do everything, including the promos that ends in 2 days, but it got so much confusion and disappointed that when people pop in on a Friday and it ain't on sale anymore. It got worst when I did the month thread when Costco did a month sale, presumely to reduce loads of people coming every week. I tried really hard but in the end, it got confusing which is still valid and which is expired. So in the end, I just do whatever is a week or longer everytime I go on a Monday. If you didn't go and buy the stock during that week sale, if by any chance it extended for another 2 days in Monday the week after, be happy and stock up.

At least, 99% what I posted will be at least on sale until the end of the week, least what's on sale. Clearance items is until it's sold out, it doesn't count...

I wish I can improved this thread even more, but it is the lack of time. I would love to be able to seperate more, weekends only "specials" and even the extra 2 days that ends on Tuesday. I would love to go on weekends and check if there are weekends sales, too. But I don't have the time...

I would love to take closer pictures of the sign so you can see the dates, but it is also a bigger risk getting into crap because you're not allowed to take pictures at Costco. I think they tolerate it because it draws free advertising for them.

I already got into trouble once before and one of the Costco staff did a racist/stereotypes comment at me that I own a depaneaur and trying to take pictures to get better pricing and some other BS that staff was ranting about. I couldn't fight back or argue and give that staff crap because it will just get attention to what I was doing. But that was a really discriminating comments and very insulting. That incident still upset me alot since that day.

If I can actually make something out of this thread, it would be nice. I even jokingly theorically if everyone would give a 1$, a tip that find this thread very helpful, at the time when my old car finally died and I have to borrow or get a lift to do continued to do my thread, I could use it to get a better car and it would make things alot easier to keep doing what I do, but I got negative comments for asking that. But I understand, it is RFD.

I think I been doing this for years and I haven't even miss a beat. I still did my Costco thread after getting my wisdom tooth taken out in the morning...

I do want to do more, I really wish I could...

Ju Leon...
You should never have to apologize and feel bad for not doing something like people wish you did, specially when is something you have no obligation to do and it demands a lot of work and time.
This thread is amazing, help us plan better for out shopping trips and get extra savings!
Thank you for all the work!
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1153 posts
429 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Do you know that lots of items, ends many different days some have 9 days (hence why it ends on a Tuesday, the 2 days extra) ,others ends the end of the week of the sale (Sunday), others are 2 weeks (the Sunday after), but that is usually due to the flyer as it is for 2 weeks. I have to give and take. Before, I used to do everything, including the promos that ends in 2 days, but it got so much confusion and disappointed that when people pop in on a Friday and it ain't on sale anymore. It got worst when I did the month thread when Costco did a month sale, presumely to reduce loads of people coming every week. I tried really hard but in the end, it got confusing which is still valid and which is expired. So in the end, I just do whatever is a week or longer everytime I go on a Monday. If you didn't go and buy the stock during that week sale, if by any chance it extended for another 2 days in Monday the week after, be happy and stock up.

At least, 99% what I posted will be at least on sale until the end of the week, least what's on sale. Clearance items is until it's sold out, it doesn't count...

I wish I can improved this thread even more, but it is the lack of time. I would love to be able to seperate more, weekends only "specials" and even the extra 2 days that ends on Tuesday. I would love to go on weekends and check if there are weekends sales, too. But I don't have the time...

I would love to take closer pictures of the sign so you can see the dates, but it is also a bigger risk getting into crap because you're not allowed to take pictures at Costco. I think they tolerate it because it draws free advertising for them.

I already got into trouble once before and one of the Costco staff did a racist/stereotypes comment at me that I own a depaneaur and trying to take pictures to get better pricing and some other BS that staff was ranting about. I couldn't fight back or argue and give that staff crap because it will just get attention to what I was doing. But that was a really discriminating comments and very insulting. That incident still upset me alot since that day.

If I can actually make something out of this thread, it would be nice. I even jokingly theorically if everyone would give a 1$, a tip that find this thread very helpful, at the time when my old car finally died and I have to borrow or get a lift to do continued to do my thread, I could use it to get a better car and it would make things alot easier to keep doing what I do, but I got negative comments for asking that. But I understand, it is RFD.

I think I been doing this for years and I haven't even miss a beat. I still did my Costco thread after getting my wisdom tooth taken out in the morning...

I do want to do more, I really wish I could...

Ju Leon...
Thanks for all that you do. I really appreciate it. I look forward to seeing your post each week to see what's on sale. That tells me whether I should go to Costco or not that week.

You can post whatever pictures you want since it's your time that you're spending doing this for others. Unlike the complainers who sit at home looking at your post and whining why certain things like 2 day sales are not posted. If they really want to see those 2 day sales, then they should make a contribution and go and take those pictures themselves and post it.
Member
Nov 14, 2006
345 posts
337 upvotes
Montreal
@PepperDiamond , do you have any real expectation when you dictate “ this is the way” to volunteers?
Why should they bother responding to you any all? Somehow this is a rather odd behaviour and expectation...
Newbie
Sep 22, 2020
3 posts
3 upvotes
By chance, as anyone bought the Snowshoe ("Raquette") that Costco usually sells around this time of the year? Would you rate them as decent for light usage (i.e. a few weekends during winter, an hour or two max each time)?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 5, 2010
1362 posts
675 upvotes
cchenzz wrote: @PepperDiamond , do you have any real expectation when you dictate “ this is the way” to volunteers?
Why should they bother responding to you any all? Somehow this is a rather odd behaviour and expectation...
It's just something people used to say when that old TV show was playing. I believe it's called The Mandalorian from 2019.
Some old guy keep saying: I have spoken
And a bunch of people in armours keep saying: This is the Way
Member
User avatar
Jun 2, 2006
379 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
Can we just stick to the deals please?
Newbie
Nov 16, 2013
34 posts
10 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Do you know that lots of items, ends many different days some have 9 days (hence why it ends on a Tuesday, the 2 days extra) ,others ends the end of the week of the sale (Sunday), others are 2 weeks (the Sunday after), but that is usually due to the flyer as it is for 2 weeks. I have to give and take. Before, I used to do everything, including the promos that ends in 2 days, but it got so much confusion and disappointed that when people pop in on a Friday and it ain't on sale anymore. It got worst when I did the month thread when Costco did a month sale, presumely to reduce loads of people coming every week. I tried really hard but in the end, it got confusing which is still valid and which is expired. So in the end, I just do whatever is a week or longer everytime I go on a Monday. If you didn't go and buy the stock during that week sale, if by any chance it extended for another 2 days in Monday the week after, be happy and stock up.

At least, 99% what I posted will be at least on sale until the end of the week, least what's on sale. Clearance items is until it's sold out, it doesn't count...

I wish I can improved this thread even more, but it is the lack of time. I would love to be able to seperate more, weekends only "specials" and even the extra 2 days that ends on Tuesday. I would love to go on weekends and check if there are weekends sales, too. But I don't have the time...

I would love to take closer pictures of the sign so you can see the dates, but it is also a bigger risk getting into crap because you're not allowed to take pictures at Costco. I think they tolerate it because it draws free advertising for them.

I already got into trouble once before and one of the Costco staff did a racist/stereotypes comment at me that I own a depaneaur and trying to take pictures to get better pricing and some other BS that staff was ranting about. I couldn't fight back or argue and give that staff crap because it will just get attention to what I was doing. But that was a really discriminating comments and very insulting. That incident still upset me alot since that day.

If I can actually make something out of this thread, it would be nice. I even jokingly theorically if everyone would give a 1$, a tip that find this thread very helpful, at the time when my old car finally died and I have to borrow or get a lift to do continued to do my thread, I could use it to get a better car and it would make things alot easier to keep doing what I do, but I got negative comments for asking that. But I understand, it is RFD.

I think I been doing this for years and I haven't even miss a beat. I still did my Costco thread after getting my wisdom tooth taken out in the morning...

I do want to do more, I really wish I could...

Ju Leon...
@inferno_gn: Dear Ju Leon, I don’t think you realize it but you are proving my point by what you say above. I love you and the work that you do. And you can do as you wish in the future.

Don’t you see though that it is these people who have scolded you in the past for posting 2-day deals that are making your life more difficult? Why do you complicate your life to accommodate them?
Why do you care, if you post a two 2-deal, and this person goes to Costco on day 3 gets pissed at you.

I know you love doing this thread. As do I love reading it and as do many RFDers who hunt for Costco deals.

I’ve been following your thread for months now and I see the trials and tribulations you are going through with your job situation, your car/transport situation and your life situation in general.

So my philosophy is simple: SEE-SHOOT-POST. I.e. If you see a deal, take a picture, post it. Don’t complicate your life, trying to remember or trying to sort stuff out (2-day deals, 9 day deals, cross over week deals, month deals etc. as you describe above), in order to please these other people. We all know you go in on Monday’s, so we all know when you took the picture and we all know it’s YMMV! Plus we all know you do some updates during the week. I’m sure everyone would be happy if you did this.

My point is: When you say above
“I would love to be able to seperate more, weekends only "specials" and even the extra 2 days that ends on Tuesday. I would love to go on weekends and check if there are weekends sales, too. But I don't have the time...”

“I would love to take closer pictures of the sign so you can see the dates, but it is also a bigger risk getting into crap because you're not allowed to take pictures at Costco. I think they tolerate it because it draws free advertising for them.”

“I already got into trouble once before and one ...”
NO-NO-NO. I don’t think anyone wants you to do all this separating out stuff and taking closer pictures stuff and hence you will look less suspicious and hence you will not get in trouble if you stick to SEE-SHOOT-POST. Obviously no one is either asking you to do a complete inventory of the store for RFD. If you miss something, you miss something.

I’m just saying it’s these other people who have scolded you in the past that are complicating your life and complicating your thread. As such that is why I insinuated in my original lighthearted post ( beef with you ) perhaps you are doing this for Costco mngmt.

So in conclusion I will say this: I LOVE YOU.

PepperDiamond
This is the way (Oct. 30)
pesttt wrote: Can we just stick to the deals please?
@pesttt : That is what I’m trying to get at!!!

Top