Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

[Costco East] (Brossard + Candiac + ???) June 22 to June 28, 2020...

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2021 1:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213940 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

The booklet is for next week. I already cover that. ;)

Ju Leon...
Jan 1, 2011
86 posts
133 upvotes
YUL
Gee wrote: 8$ for a watermelon

Is that a good price? Seems expensive.
Two weeks ago was 8.99.
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
Gee wrote: 8$ for a watermelon

Is that a good price? Seems expensive.
Nah! If you factor in your annual membership fee, it's a great price. Great as in large, great as in very good for Costco. Considering Walmart was selling watermelons for around $3, I believe, how could they expect to sell them at that price?
I rarely find bargains at Costco and am always amazed at how full shoppers stuff their carts there. There are the good deals now and then, the wine kits, the synthetic oil. Cat litter is cheaper at Walmart. The merino wool socks get thinner every year, it seems. They used to sell generators, compressors much, much cheaper than anywhere else, but no longer.
The final straw before cancelling my membership might be the elimination of food samples that I used to gorge on.
Jul 3, 2010
25 posts
1 upvote
Pierrefonds
Has anyone seen Milkadamia in any Quebec Costco locations lately... preferably in the West Island area of Montreal?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
I always have wanted to try that manuka honey. It seems it's in the middle of the bunch in term of quality so I'm pretty excited to taste that. Gonna go pick one up at my grocery run tomorrow.

Thanks OP for spotting that.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12018 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
RSole wrote: The final straw before cancelling my membership might be the elimination of food samples that I used to gorge on.
Do you really want samples during this pandemic?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1660 posts
1945 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote:
What I find annoying is most of the people I see not wearing masks are seniors (or in some cases what I can only describe as being older than Jesus himself) and people that are obese. I can't understand how they do not comprehend that they are the highest risk group. I find it annoying because I wear a mask (let's face it none of us like to, but we do it) so we all do this to protect them, and its almost like they are giving everyone a middle finger when they don't do it. I get some might have some condition where they can't but there is no way at all that every single one of them has some condition, they are simply irresponsible.
  • They also have seniors hours and should be shopping at that time less people cleaner store first thing etc, but don't, makes no sense.

Which Costco is that? Just wanted to know, so that I would avoid...

I can only say from my own experiences is that I find the opposite in my local Costcos. Very few, if any, Seniors and anyone else didn't have a mask.
There will always be Covidiots, for example just yesterday, crowding the beaches in Toronto and those who don't believe they will ever get infected or those who don't believe it's a problem or those who don't care or... these are the type of people that probably won't wear masks and have nothing to do of being a senior or being obese.

Yes, seniors can go early for the one hour before the stores officially opens to all members and I do see lots of seniors but we don't have to, it's not a requirement! Maybe we slept in, can't wake up that early, can't medically, etc...

Did you catch that... "we" , yes I am a senior and wear a mask everywhere. I noticed that a good 99% of the seniors in the morning "senior" hours are wearing a mask, and yes, I also shop during the day...slept in, need some items that I missed...

Please don't be so negative on seniors, we are mostly responsible!
May 13, 2010
776 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
Can only comment on Ottawa and Gatineau Costcos but I would guesstimate that 90% of the seniors are wearing some type of face covering.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2501 posts
708 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
values99club wrote: Which Costco is that? Just wanted to know, so that I would avoid...

I can only say from my own experiences is that I find the opposite in my local Costcos. Very few, if any, Seniors and anyone else didn't have a mask.
There will always be Covidiots, for example just yesterday, crowding the beaches in Toronto and those who don't believe they will ever get infected or those who don't believe it's a problem or those who don't care or... these are the type of people that probably won't wear masks and have nothing to do of being a senior or being obese.

Yes, seniors can go early for the one hour before the stores officially opens to all members and I do see lots of seniors but we don't have to, it's not a requirement! Maybe we slept in, can't wake up that early, can't medically, etc...

Did you catch that... "we" , yes I am a senior and wear a mask everywhere. I noticed that a good 99% of the seniors in the morning "senior" hours are wearing a mask, and yes, I also shop during the day...slept in, need some items that I missed...

Please don't be so negative on seniors, we are mostly responsible!
Ancaster, Burlington Costco's Although Ancaster is by far the worst by a huge amount. But I have seen lots of seniors in other stores doing the same thing and not wearing a mask in the grocery store, outlet mall, drug store. Its frustrating to watch them have a complete disregard for their own life. It could affect them their family, the healthcare system etc. if they become infected. Glad you are wise and responsible and wearing one, can't say the same for everyone.
Jan 6, 2013
72 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
sucha wrote: Has anyone seen Milkadamia in any Quebec Costco locations lately... preferably in the West Island area of Montreal?

Thanks!
I bought some in Brossard, very good!
Nov 24, 2018
274 posts
355 upvotes
Does anyone here remember if Costco carries comet cleaner? The green cans. For some reason this item is OOS everywhere - Walmart, Canadian TIre, Loblaws. Not sure why this innocuous item seems to be the next pandemic supply chain victim.
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Falkenblick wrote: Two weeks ago was 8.99.
Wasn't two week ago. I bought the melon on sunday, it was 8.99. I should go back and have my 1$ back.
===========
Luckymobile (AC+BF deal), 20$ unlimited calls/ text + 3.25gig
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
JACKIE26 wrote: Ancaster, Burlington Costco's Although Ancaster is by far the worst by a huge amount. But I have seen lots of seniors in other stores doing the same thing and not wearing a mask in the grocery store, outlet mall, drug store. Its frustrating to watch them have a complete disregard for their own life. It could affect them their family, the healthcare system etc. if they become infected. Glad you are wise and responsible and wearing one, can't say the same for everyone.
On facebook, quebec covid page, lots of hater are banishing the idea of wearing mask, fighting to tell people mask are bad, and has no effect. Yet, in the suburb of Montreal, (South side), 90% of people I saw in Costco (customer) doesn't wear mask. Walmart 95% people aren't wear mask (Employee included).

Despite the numbers are going down, seems people believe this is a regular flu; comes and go away.
===========
Nov 24, 2002
649 posts
100 upvotes
Mascouche
d_source wrote: How much are the WaterRidge toilets? The glare is right on the price. I just installed 4 of them so a price drop would be real nice.

TY
One piece is in special this week. $139 189 -50off
how do I delete this thing?!?
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
RSole wrote: Nah! If you factor in your annual membership fee, it's a great price. Great as in large, great as in very good for Costco. Considering Walmart was selling watermelons for around $3, I believe, how could they expect to sell them at that price?
I rarely find bargains at Costco and am always amazed at how full shoppers stuff their carts there. There are the good deals now and then, the wine kits, the synthetic oil. Cat litter is cheaper at Walmart. The merino wool socks get thinner every year, it seems. They used to sell generators, compressors much, much cheaper than anywhere else, but no longer.
The final straw before cancelling my membership might be the elimination of food samples that I used to gorge on.
I found for single living or 2-person household; costco isn't really the place to shop.
A family of 4 of plus, it pays itself as a shopping mall like you can kill time walking down the aisle; plus the excitement of food tasting stall.
The poutine and hot dog is also a no brainer for busy mom/dad.
Bulk items are typically cheaper (if in season) and if you are a price sensus shopper (research price before you shop).

Costco doesn't price match, because a lot of item, either they have exclusive item, club size; which other store can't compare.
The lack of financing plan for big ticket item is one problem for me to shop expensive item.

That's why I enjoy OPs weekly post!!! Thanks @Ju Leon!
===========
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213940 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I usually buy watermelons at Costco many years but recently, the price is above average. So far, this week, Maxi is 3$, but they are medium size. Walmart is slightly larger, but I don't know, I tend not to trust Walmart on groceries (and people are really rough handling them).

I usually tend to buy watermelon grown in Canada or the US. The problem is, sometimes, I find watermelon are really pale lately and it's not sweet as much.

I went back to Costco in Brossard today, some dude bought all the clearance female women cream I mention as a hot deal. Like everything!

Ju Leon...
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213940 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Costco do adjust prices time to time, depending on the item. I know Coaticook Ice Cream drop under 8$ when most groceries sell the about 2$ a litre, but they only have one flavor.

As for big ticket item, I just set aside some money every month and when it goes on sale, I pick it up. Best time is usually Black Friday, but time to time, you can pick up a sweet sale.

Costco is mostly for quality and their return policy, so I know whatever I buy, it is guaranteed. But everyone need to know and be smart about some items. I know toilet paper, I switch to the Kirkland brand after years using Royale and Cashmere, overall, I actually save more in a long run (even with coupon and sales).

I can go on with the experience I have, but I can write alot with all what I know...

Ju Leon...
Nov 26, 2003
859 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks again OP for all the time and effort you put into making this thread!
Have a great week!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)