• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2020 3:09 pm
[OP]
Nov 22, 2017
463 posts
5916 upvotes
Scarborough

[Costco] Costco EAST- Scarborough (Warden) 157 Pics

First time post for Costco travelling...

Enough Toilet paper and Kirkland Paper towels....

It was quite crowded... No surprise though... Weather was cold ( 2 degree around) to stand out outside.... waited in the line approx 50 min.....Posting the pictures in the below post...
Last edited by dreamsite on Apr 16th, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
185 replies
Penalty Box
Apr 14, 2020
23 posts
172 upvotes
Wow thanks for posting this. Saved me an 40 minute line up at Costco.

How is the social distancing situation at Costco? Are people spacing out 2m like they're suppose to?
Nov 22, 2015
655 posts
771 upvotes
Toronto
GTFO whoever doesn't like this. I love this guy. I don't go to Costco often. Its amazing knowing what they have in store to know if I want to go there or to a store closer to me.

OP I <3 YOU
[OP]
Nov 22, 2017
463 posts
5916 upvotes
Scarborough
montrealjsolutions wrote: Wow thanks for posting this. Saved me an 40 minute line up at Costco.

How is the social distancing situation at Costco? Are people spacing out 2m like they're suppose to?
Yes seems like its been strictly followed...
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1461 posts
817 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!
Last edited by MTommy on Apr 15th, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quoted post has been removed
Nov 24, 2017
220 posts
117 upvotes
OP is being helpful for those who don't want to wait or get catch anything.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14523 posts
27256 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks for posting! Nice to finally see a photo report from my local Costco. I haven’t been in over 6 weeks now.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Dec 28, 2011
919 posts
463 upvotes
Midland
Thank you Thai sauce on sale ! And mine as well check out the adidas shoes
Dec 8, 2006
426 posts
158 upvotes
Scarborough
I was at this Costco at about 3:30 this afternoon.Lots of parking available!

line took about 15 minutes and SD was was followed there....inside, not so much and I had to hold my hand up to warm people to back away from me. I expect mostly that is just from habit and being distracted, not being willfully ignorant or provocative. I think I even did it myself trying to get a closer look at a product...oops!

Well stocked with TP and other paper goods some TP is on sale.....out of gloves, hand sanitiser, masks, as expected. Did not check for bleach or lysol wipes but lots of 6 pack rubbing alcohol ( near the end cap of spices)

Many people wore masks, some gloves...vast majority of staff did not and staff did not SD much from one another. Lines for cashiers are managed by staff who will assign you to first/best available line. All cashiers had helpers/packers. It "seems like lines are longer but it is actually much faster this way.

Returns line was short so I'll be back tomorrow with a stack of things that I always seem to forget to bring with me to return! :)

Overall I tend to think there are lessons for many retailers to be found in all of this....

Overall I find it MUCH less stressful and annoying with 1 member and 1 guest policy, cancelling sampling stations, and few or no children let alone the ENTIRE extended family tagging along for an "outing" and as many people are not at work it seems like a steady flow of people and not a mass crush of shopping hordes.

Pretty good experience overall.
Feb 8, 2010
351 posts
287 upvotes
OP deserves a free costco membership. Thanks!