Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

[Costco East] Xbox One X bundle $499.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2018 10:24 am
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
KevinC268 wrote: using hacks you can actual package ps2 isos to run on the already existing emulator on ps4 and ps3, they have been exposed.
No time to play the hack game and I really don't think this the place to discuss blackhat stuff that spits all over the Sony TOS.

"Official Support" is what we're talking about here.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
ZipSpeed wrote: I don't buy the (essentially) same console twice, and since I already had a GTX 1060 in my HTPC, I was hoping to take advantage of the Xbox Anywhere games. Microsoft did say that all the first party exclusives will make it to Windows as well, so I'm okay with that.
I made a statement of fact more than a prescription, but I agree that Xbox-PC pass-through of games should be a proper thing at this point.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
JackWhyte wrote: No time to play the hack game and I really don't think this the place to discuss blackhat stuff that spits all over the Sony TOS.

"Official Support" is what we're talking about here.
I think you missed my point, sony actually built an emulator but forces you to pay per game to use it. It actually looks like its port of pcsx2, not even joking. Even so called "remasters" are usually just the same exact game and assets but rendered at higher resolution. Microsoft gives this functionality away and many older gen games are actually bumped up all the way to 4k for free :), I really like this idea and wish they werent so far behind on other areas.
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
Dolby Vision support is coming although only for Netlix for now. DV 4k Discs are also included. Saves me $150 as I will no longer need my Apple 4K for DV streaming. Others talking about selling their Oppos.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/12/dol ... -xbox-one/

Seems Microsoft is targeting Media Server users with their support for Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision and Kodi. I also like Dolby Access for headphones, more so home theater. $20 is cheap for imitation Atmos.
Last edited by MotorN on Jul 15th, 2018 12:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2240 posts
506 upvotes
Summerland
JackWhyte wrote: It's a super deal for essentially a mid-range gaming system in the living room, but I can't decide whether to jump now or wait for the inevitable upgrade. One thing is for sure, I am keeping my Xbox One game library and getting any AAA game when it goes on heavy sale, as I really like the Microsoft PC-like stance of full game compatibility moving forward.

I also like the PS4, but it's such a freaking walled garden (with extra guard dogs) it just gets me depressed thinking about buying a PS5.
Xbox is just as much of a walled garden as PS4. Microsoft is even trying to make PC gaming a walled garden where their PC games are windows 10 exclusive and you have to get them through their garbage storefront.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
GP Legend wrote: Xbox is just as much of a walled garden as PS4. Microsoft is even trying to make PC gaming a walled garden where their PC games are windows 10 exclusive and you have to get them through their garbage storefront.
If Xbox is a walled garden, it's a much bigger 'garden' with interconnecting passageways to other platforms like Windows 10.

The PS4 is an island, interacting with nothing other than the failed Vita.

I buy Japanese vehicles for reliability, but I'm sticking to American when it comes to consoles.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
All that power under the hood and no games to utilize it
Apr 13, 2017
16 posts
5 upvotes
All the best games by far exist on the PS4 platforms. I have not touched the XBox since the last Halo. Unless they fix that problem, then they are going to remain a distant second.
Regards
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I really don't understand why this thread constantly comes back to PS4 VS Xbox One, it's been moderated twice but fan boys just keep on coming back. It's about the Xbox One X deal at Costco, if you can't stand the Xbox then why not post in a video game forum where these comments won't pollute the thread? Same thing is always happening in Vitamix or Blendtec threads, as if the owners of one can't stand people owning the other product for some reason.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: I really don't understand why this thread constantly comes back to PS4 VS Xbox One, it's been moderated twice but fan boys just keep on coming back. It's about the Xbox One X deal at Costco, if you can't stand the Xbox then why not post in a video game forum where these comments won't pollute the thread? Same thing is always happening in Vitamix or Blendtec threads, as if the owners of one can't stand people owning the other product for some reason.
You're right of course, but it's sometimes nice to compare and contrast (typically this degrades into a dick-swinging competition).

That said, there's a valuable conversation that needs to continue around the value proposition between the Xbox X and Xbox S in light of a potential Xbox 2 release in the next two years.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
GP Legend wrote: Xbox is just as much of a walled garden as PS4.
Not even close, and any older game you own that isn't PS4 has to be paid for again in order to play, whereby the Xbox One/X plays a lot of Xbox 360 titles now, and the forthcoming model will support Xbox 360 + Xbox One games, along with the current gen.

Sony runs a barbed-wire walled garden with rabid dogs guarding your every move, while Microsoft has a fenced area you play in, with a few exits scattered around. I've owned both the Xbox and Playstation consoles for 3 generations straight, and as I'm unbiased when it comes to this stuff, I slam and praise both companies depending on their moves and overall consumer strategy.

I am still stuck between getting an Xbox One on sale now (the PS4 Pro just isn't enough of an upgrade for me) or waiting for the PS5/Xbox-whatever. To be honest, if Sony grows a brain and fully supported BC for PS4 games, then I might actually go full-bore PS5 for the next-gen. But time will tell, and I have zero confidence in Sony doing this, as their entire strategy has always been anti-consumer.
Nov 30, 2012
975 posts
1572 upvotes
MONTR
buy now, wait 28-29 days , go back and ask to check price.

Guaranteed they dropped the price again, get price matched. 30 day price protection.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Hojo99 wrote: I was at Innes Costco today. Xbox One X is on sale for $499.97, comes with two controllers, pretty good deal.
Great deal. I got tired of waiting when I got the Vizio 55” deal and just ponied up the 6 bills. Was worth it even on my 1080p. Loading times were halved and I swear lag dropped significantly in COD WW2. I was also very surprised at how much better it looked on my 1080p.

4k of course it’s just insane.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
kingkam92 wrote: buy now, wait 28-29 days , go back and ask to check price.

Guaranteed they dropped the price again, get price matched. 30 day price protection.
Costco “price match” on clearance items (.97) is YMMV in my experience.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
kingkam92 wrote: buy now, wait 28-29 days , go back and ask to check price.

Price protection is Ymmv with costco. In stock = never an issue, not in stock = depends on the store (Richmond bc for example wont price protect).
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
if only they had sf5 on xbox i'd get it for sure, plus waiting for the kodi addon on xbox s/x
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
mikka2017 wrote: if only they had sf5 on xbox i'd get it for sure, plus waiting for the kodi addon on xbox s/x
I have kodi on my x and my original one.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Jerico wrote: I have kodi on my x and my original one.
ya you cant get it anymore through their store, and it doesnt really work very well on xbox anyway.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
KevinC268 wrote: ya you cant get it anymore through their store, and it doesnt really work very well on xbox anyway.
I was watching Netflix when I read this. It’s on the store.
Images
  • 8D81D689-32A6-453C-9804-460CB28F26C1.jpeg
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Jerico wrote: I was watching Netflix when I read this. It’s on the store.
So what stops you from creating your own Xbox 'cable package' like people already do on their android boxes?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)