• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 8:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 29, 2008
62 posts
44 upvotes

[Costco] Costco Gym Benches 149.99-499.99 -IN STOCK

Great workout benches and great Costco warranty.

TPWOD Deluxe Flat Bench $149.99
https://www.costco.ca/tpwod-deluxe-flat ... 99998.html

Tonic Performance Flat, Incline, Decline Bench $359.99 (Out of Stock)
https://www.costco.ca/tonic-performance ... 69208.html

Tonic Performance Pro Adjustable Bench V2 $499.99 (Out of Stock)
https://www.costco.ca/tonic-performance ... 99385.html
Last edited by nawazz on Jul 9th, 2020 9:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5184 posts
7000 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Those are Expensive AF.
Nov 14, 2013
16 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
How does the Deluxe Flat Bench compare to the $66 Walmart had a few days ago..Is the price difference worth it?
May 6, 2018
204 posts
210 upvotes
Looks like decent quality, unfortunately no adjustable dumbbells. :(
Apr 13, 2005
528 posts
208 upvotes
GoFor25 wrote: How does the Deluxe Flat Bench compare to the $66 Walmart had a few days ago..Is the price difference worth it?
the walmart bench started wobbling after 2 months of use. the screws at the base are not very stable.
Mar 17, 2015
245 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You cannot beat Costco quality but I am not sure if I can justify paying double price for quality that is maybe 20% higher. I went for $179.99 Amazon one and can't complaint.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1929 posts
683 upvotes
Edmonton
The higher end one looks like a copy of lots of well known commercial benches. If the backrests are quality it's worth the 500 probably. Can't find commercial benches with pivoting seat like that for that price

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
May 13, 2013
286 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
If you can afford it, I'd recommend the Pro.

The $360 incline bench only supports up to 450 lbs and weighs 60 lbs compared to the Pro. You're going to want to have it support more weight, if you're benching at least 1x bodyweight.

It goes without saying, but the Pro bench is going to be the most sturdy. $499 is a bit pricey though - unless you can't wait, I'd keep shopping around. Most fitness retailers and getting regular shipments in mid July/August as manufacturing opens up.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5116 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
Clearly not a solution for all (especially if you are heavy and bench well beyond 1.5X your body weight), but I originally built a bench using the plans below and it was reasonably solid for 380lb combined weight:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Weight ... ubles-as-/

I didn't make it adjustable since I think that is the weakest link in the build above (if you don't plan on using it for barbell exercises though, that might not be an issue). Other changes I made was mounting the 3/4" plywood to 1" SPF (before attaching to the 4X4 frame), making the base wider, reinforcing the joints with metal brackets and using longer lag bolts. For the $20-30 in materials (most of that was the cushioning and vinyl cover, lol), it held up well until I managed to get a Bowflex 3.1 in stock at CT. Obviously build your wooden 4X4 bench at your own peril, lol.
Jun 12, 2020
98 posts
136 upvotes
Canadian Tire has Bowflex and Cap Barbell benches (YMMV location).

I think the Cap Barbell flat bench was ~$75 and the adjustable bench ~$100 but they looked tiny. Bought the Bowflex instead for $200 yesterday and it's really good quality. Sturdy, stable, and has wheels - it feels like a commercial gym bench. Also bought the Powerblock Sport a couple of days ago.

There's loads of gym equipment being restocked but they usually sell out in 1-2 days.
Nov 7, 2014
59 posts
19 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Canadian Tire has Bowflex and Cap Barbell benches (YMMV location).

I think the Cap Barbell flat bench was ~$75 and the adjustable bench ~$100 but they looked tiny. Bought the Bowflex instead for $200 yesterday and it's really good quality. Sturdy, stable, and has wheels - it feels like a commercial gym bench. Also bought the Powerblock Sport a couple of days ago.

There's loads of gym equipment being restocked but they usually sell out in 1-2 days.
Just was wondering where were you able to find powerblocks that's in currently stock ?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2444 posts
1800 upvotes
Pro bench or super Stealh bench of northern lights
Jun 12, 2020
98 posts
136 upvotes
nouakk wrote: Just was wondering where were you able to find powerblocks that's in currently stock ?

Thanks!
A couple of days ago they had:

10 at Canadian Tire Vancouver SW Marine Dr
30 at Canadian Tire North Vancouver

I also saw it on Amazon for $225/pair ($25 more than Canadian Tire) last week.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2444 posts
1800 upvotes
This tonic performance pro looks bad. It doesn't even have feet support if you're going to decline crunch.
Aug 20, 2018
366 posts
386 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Pro bench or super Stealh bench of northern lights
I bought the Stealth bench a couple months ago – it’s been good to me. No issues whatsoever. It’s very heavy-duty, rock-solid, and the 3” pad is great.
Dec 24, 2007
99 posts
50 upvotes
The stealth bench is made in Canada but not in stock anywhere in QC.

I'm tempted by the TP pro, but it's probably made in china, I rather buy a Canadian product.
Don't blame me, blame my gender

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)