Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

[Costco] Hisense Roku 4K 43" $199.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2019 3:09 pm
Jan 1, 2017
62 posts
52 upvotes

[Costco] [Costco] Hisense Roku 4K 43" $199.97

Hisense 4K Roku TV 43R6109 - 43"
Found this at my local Costco (Halifax) for $199.97 - Showing $329.00 online

Was looking for a bedroom replacement. Any thoughts on this tv?
Images
  • Hisense TV.jpg
63 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Imagine someone using this as a monitor.

Even I'm not ready for that.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Dec 19, 2011
256 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton
Have this one in our bedroom, bought it for $299 in August. We're happy with it, didn't need anything fantastic but it is 4k with HDR. The Roku interface was actually better than I thought it would be.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
It's a buy, folks. Toss one in the den, one in the kitchen, and one in the bedroom.

$600 + tax to deck out your house.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2350 posts
876 upvotes
Central Ontario
Who needs that many TVs?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
JustMike wrote: Who needs that many TVs?
Are you on the right forum?
Jun 7, 2009
123 posts
85 upvotes
There’s no way to know if this is store specific, is there? I’d like to avoid going to Costco on a Saturday if at all possible but I need a tv this size.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1107 posts
156 upvotes
Brampton
Which location was this at?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3071 posts
1585 upvotes
Perfect TV for the kids room/kid's bedroom if need be.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1457 posts
685 upvotes
Woodbridge
venomfwa wrote: There’s no way to know if this is store specific, is there? I’d like to avoid going to Costco on a Saturday if at all possible but I need a tv this size.
Call your store and ask price
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
HailHydra wrote: Why not?
Consistency issues with Hisense panels. Otherwise, it's a viable option.

That is to say, monitors are held to a higher grade when it comes to panel consistency than TVs. LG, a manufacturer and reseller, holds their TVs to near-monitor grade consistency in 2018 and 2019 panels... Hisense typically does not.

For a VA panel, the Hisense performs reasonably well for it's price range.

If you find the OP TV at this price, I would buy it and try it as a monitor (you may get lucky), and if it proves problematic... use it as a TV instead.

Now while I have your attention, regarding your LG UK6300 purchase...
redflagdealsguy wrote: LG UK6300 43" Users

It remains unclear as to whether the new firmware has relabelled the picture modes, however if that is the case please note my recommended picture mode from below (time stamp 2:03): ISF CC Expert 2

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-libr ... 0577528034

Expert 2 works well alongside my calibrations on page 1, for bright rooms, when used as a monitor.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1773 posts
2867 upvotes
Kingston
redflagdealsguy wrote: Imagine someone using this as a monitor.

Even I'm not ready for that.
You can't (shouldn't) use it as a monitor. The chroma ratio is too low for it to be used for text unless all you are doing is watching stuff on it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: You can't (shouldn't) use it as a monitor. The chroma ratio is too low for it to be used for text unless all you are doing is watching stuff on it.
If it's not 4:4:4, don't even try. I just assumed, but knowing Hisense, that's a dangerous move.

@HailHydra, please note.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1211 posts
291 upvotes
Oshawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: If it's not 4:4:4, don't even try. I just assumed, but knowing Hisense, that's a dangerous move.

@HailHydra, please note.
Curious if there is a low priced 4K TV that has been found to be acceptable primarily as a monitor? I was using one of the Haier 55" from Costco (you know, the one that has the yellow issues), but that was 4:4:2 so text kind of sucked.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
venividivici wrote: Curious if there is a low priced 4K TV that has been found to be acceptable primarily as a monitor? I was using one of the Haier 55" from Costco (you know, the one that has the yellow issues), but that was 4:4:2 so text kind of sucked.
LG 43UM7300 43" IPS 4K TV [Native 4K RGB 4:4:4]

I'm typing to you on one now.
Nov 15, 2019
8 posts
5 upvotes
Didn't see this at Markham Costco. Just the 58" for $449

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)