[Costco] Costco: KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus Stand Mixer 4.5QT, 300W $239.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2020 11:24 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2003
718 posts
296 upvotes

[Costco] Costco: KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus Stand Mixer 4.5QT, 300W $239.99

Costco has the Power Plus Stand Mixer Silver, Red, and Onyx for $239.99. Amazon's lowest price is $235 last April.

Great for all the COVID baking going on. Just can't find any yeast.

Features:
300 W
10 speeds
59-point planetary mixing action
4.3 L (4.5 qt.) polished stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle
Last edited by danomed on Apr 27th, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10994 posts
1165 upvotes
Squamish
So how's this compare to artisan? Seems so similar
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2178 posts
568 upvotes
Lévis
Kaitlyn wrote: So how's this compare to artisan? Seems so similar
It's a bit less powerfull I think (25W less). Also, think the bowl is a bit different. What are your needs, frequency you'll use it and for how much peoples on an average?
Pourquoi pas?
Jan 20, 2007
334 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal
I've been thinking about one of these for some time now, what does this model lack vs a more powerful model?
I'm mainly interested in basic baking mix, kneading dough, and possible pasta/meat grinder add-on.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1226 posts
1058 upvotes
Markham
w01f wrote: I've been thinking about one of these for some time now, what does this model lack vs a more powerful model?
I'm mainly interested in basic baking mix, kneading dough, and possible pasta/meat grinder add-on.
For denser bread doughs, the Ultra (300W) or the Classic Plus (275W) should be the minimum. They may struggle with 2 loaves, but should be fine for 1 loaf. The Artisan (325W) is fine for 2 loaves, but still should not be done every day. The regular Classic or Artisan Mini (250W) may have trouble with even a single loaf, but have no problem with things like cake mixes.
They should all be able to use the pasta and meat grinders, but need to rest for about an hour after every few pounds.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Mar 23, 2018
237 posts
85 upvotes
For those who may be interested in the Artisan, I just bought an Artisan refurb on the Kitchenaid site for $209 + 10% off from the signup email.
Sep 26, 2018
47 posts
48 upvotes
zayzay wrote: For those who may be interested in the Artisan, I just bought an Artisan refurb on the Kitchenaid site for $209 + 10% off from the signup email.
I just bought that one too.. steal
Vancouver Web Design: http://raize.ca
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10994 posts
1165 upvotes
Squamish
zayzay wrote: For those who may be interested in the Artisan, I just bought an Artisan refurb on the Kitchenaid site for $209 + 10% off from the signup email.
The refurbished comes with warranty but it's very short isn't it? Though I don't know how their warranty even works I carrying wouldn't pay cost to ship them the whole thing!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1101 posts
366 upvotes
Calgary
Kaitlyn wrote: So how's this compare to artisan? Seems so similar
A long time ago, I was shopping for standup mixers. Most of the new kitchen Aid motor contains plastic gears. The only model (at that time) that I know kitchen Aid have metal gear box was the professional series.
after research, I ended up with a Kenwood mixer. I have had mine for over 5 years now and it is just as powerful as day one. I use it to make all sorts of stuff, bread, chinese toss noodles, beef balls. Best investiment.
the mixer here is probably good to hobbyists and not serious home cooking.

Costco has the kenwood on sale but sold out at this time...probably for obvious reasons.
https://www.costco.ca/kenwood-6.6-l-(7- ... 81079.html
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10994 posts
1165 upvotes
Squamish
frostiex wrote: A long time ago, I was shopping for standup mixers. Most of the new kitchen Aid motor contains plastic gears. The only model (at that time) that I know kitchen Aid have metal gear box was the professional series.
after research, I ended up with a Kenwood mixer. I have had mine for over 5 years now and it is just as powerful as day one. I use it to make all sorts of stuff, bread, chinese toss noodles, beef balls. Best investiment.
the mixer here is probably good to hobbyists and not serious home cooking.

Costco has the kenwood on sale but sold out at this time...probably for obvious reasons.
https://www.costco.ca/kenwood-6.6-l-(7- ... 81079.html
Which kenwood do you have? On their site they have the Chef and Chef Major (looks like costco is the chef major or a custom variation of it?) whereas I also see references to a kmix model, though that's not listed on their site
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1101 posts
366 upvotes
Calgary
Kaitlyn wrote: Which kenwood do you have? On their site they have the Chef and Chef Major (looks like costco is the chef major or a custom variation of it?) whereas I also see references to a kmix model, though that's not listed on their site
I have the titanium chef major. I believe it was sizing difference. . major being larger. Then there are cooking chef with heating option.
Which I don’t care for. Btw, when shopping for standup mixers. Wattage doesn’t mean a lot..it is about how long it can sustain that power. I love the attachment option. I have never had a mixer’s attach actually works good. They are always mediocre. But these actually works! Specially love my purée attachment :P
Dec 11, 2008
66 posts
37 upvotes
toronto
raizedeals wrote: I just bought that one too.. steal
Definitely worked for me (my wife) and it was in 100 % cosmetic and functioning condition. Best deal!
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10994 posts
1165 upvotes
Squamish
frostiex wrote: I have the titanium chef major. I believe it was sizing difference. . major being larger. Then there are cooking chef with heating option.
Which I don’t care for. Btw, when shopping for standup mixers. Wattage doesn’t mean a lot..it is about how long it can sustain that power. I love the attachment option. I have never had a mixer’s attach actually works good. They are always mediocre. But these actually works! Specially love my purée attachment :P
Last question (I think!) - as you have the larger chef major, how does it handle smaller batches? At least in reviews they often compare whipping a single egg white, which often times the larger ones fail at.
Apr 8, 2018
91 posts
43 upvotes
Jonothekiller wrote: The 10% sign up says it excludes refurbished :( didnt work.
Just got one with mixer Bible book. Total including tax 210.19
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1101 posts
366 upvotes
Calgary
Haha...I really am not sure. I can’t say as in my real life cooking in the past 5 rears with this mixer...I have never had to do just ONE egg white??
But I don’t see why not as the paddles and whisk are all adjustable. And my wisk is at the bottom of the bow. I would also buy the paddle with silicone paddle.
Mar 23, 2018
237 posts
85 upvotes
Jonothekiller wrote: The 10% sign up says it excludes refurbished :( didnt work.
Hmmm it should work though, if you put the code in during checkout. Worked for me and a few other people here.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1302 posts
1999 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: Which kenwood do you have? On their site they have the Chef and Chef Major (looks like costco is the chef major or a custom variation of it?) whereas I also see references to a kmix model, though that's not listed on their site
I scored a Chef on Amazon for $350. It goes on sale once or twice a year. Very powerful mixer, definitely more so than my Kitchen Aid bowl lift. The bowl is 5 qt instead of Major's 7qt, and it's 750W to Major's 800W. That's all the difference I think.
Mar 7, 2011
120 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
utrkos wrote: Definitely worked for me (my wife) and it was in 100 % cosmetic and functioning condition. Best deal!
What were the contents of the refurbished model? It doesn't say on the website.