Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco LeanFit whey protein 2 Kg 31$ starting August 12th

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 7:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3441 posts
3889 upvotes

[Costco] Costco LeanFit whey protein 2 Kg 31$ starting August 12th

Part of their warehouse weekly flyer.

Edit: adding LeanFit to the title.
Edit 2: anyone confirm the deal is active ? Flyer states starting next week.
Last edited by PriceHunter on Aug 5th, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
35 replies
Member
Mar 21, 2009
272 posts
195 upvotes
Hamilton
I use this, I know the reviews aren't great but I like it quite a bit. It mixed well, tasted good (with milk). Plus it has BCAA already mixed in. This is a good price.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1062 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
OP, might you be able to include the "LeanFit" brand in the title? I feel that it may help others click in if they like the brand :)

For LeanFit, this is probably not a bad price, but there are various sites where you can pick up nice isolates for around the same price, or whey protein for less.
I really like MyProtein and CanadianProtein. The prices are typically more competitive there. Threads consistently pop up around RFD for Myprotein -- typically, for 11lbs of isolate, you can find prices ranging anywhere from $70-90, with some rare price errors dropping it down to $5x.xx. This averages around 2kg for $30.

The BCAA thing is nice, but all why isolates contain some level of long chained amino acids. It's the building block of protein anyway. Typically, anything that's a blend may also contain some fillers. I have very limited experience with this brand though.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
21134 posts
8030 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Its fine, a bit thick when mixed, best done with a blender imo.
This is the common sale price so worth stocking up on a few top get to the next sale.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Member
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal
On the website I see 85$ for a 2×2kg combo...so with this, it comes up to 2×2kg 62$? Am I missing something?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3441 posts
3889 upvotes
Leshaundon wrote: On the website I see 85$ for a 2×2kg combo...so with this, it comes up to 2×2kg 62$? Am I missing something?
On the flyer attached. States warehouse price 39.99$ before discount.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Member
May 25, 2015
369 posts
824 upvotes
on
PriceHunter wrote: On the flyer attached. States warehouse price 39.99$ before discount.
Flyer also does not start until Aug 12 to Aug 18
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6099 posts
2228 upvotes
Toronto
When you say "reviews aren't great", what exactly is the issue with it? Is it just not a quality protein? Or just the taste?

And if you like it because of the taste, does that ultimately even matter? Because you don't eat this for the taste, you're eating it for the protein.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3441 posts
3889 upvotes
Optom2018 wrote: Flyer also does not start until Aug 12 to Aug 18
It's always more expensive online due to incorporated/hidden shipping cost.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Sr. Member
Jan 4, 2019
534 posts
546 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: When you say "reviews aren't great", what exactly is the issue with it? Is it just not a quality protein? Or just the taste?

And if you like it because of the taste, does that ultimately even matter? Because you don't eat this for the taste, you're eating it for the protein.
People just complaining to complain.

The protein is great. I've used it for years. It mixes well. Taste good. It does the trick. Is it 5/5? Nah. But for the price and value it's top notch
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4858 posts
2639 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: When you say "reviews aren't great", what exactly is the issue with it? Is it just not a quality protein? Or just the taste?

And if you like it because of the taste, does that ultimately even matter? Because you don't eat this for the taste, you're eating it for the protein.
When I started whey protein yearsssssssss ago, pretty much all of it tasted like SNOT. It was disgusting, rarely mixed properly in those shakers so you got clumps, and just overall was an unpleasant experience. I hated it, but I kind of got hardened to it, I'm drinking this for protein, beauty is pain, whatever.
Anyways, years later when I was off whey and flavors became more prominent, I was always seeing people moan and complain about taste on here. (My perspective at the time) This stuff isn't supposed to taste good and if it does then it's probably not as good for you. Everyone was being a prima donnas and wimpy. When I got back on whey though, I grabbed the Salted Caramel flavor on MyProtein and I swear it tastes like you're drinking a cake... it was just amazing. I bet everyone that buys that flavor double checks the sugar content afterwards (1g).

So while price per lb for me will always matter the most when it comes to stuff like this, if you can have your cake and eat it too...
Member
User avatar
Aug 10, 2011
403 posts
118 upvotes
EAST YORK
Thx op am running low a good time to pick a few up
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 18GB($32.50 - 35% F&F + 50GB big binge ) X2 plans
Freedom 17.5GB $24.25 ( $5 digital discount and 35% F&F + 50GB big binge)
Freedom 1GB addon line 10$ + 50 GB big binge
Bell Gigabit Fibe $59.95
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
15332 posts
3198 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
EK75 wrote: I use this, I know the reviews aren't great but I like it quite a bit. It mixed well, tasted good (with milk). Plus it has BCAA already mixed in. This is a good price.
Every protein has BCAA
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1101 posts
213 upvotes
Is this returnable if i don’t like it?
First time trying protein supplement. Primarily will use in a smoothie once a week or so. tia
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8793 posts
1721 upvotes
sonajatt wrote: Is this returnable if i don’t like it?
First time trying protein supplement. Primarily will use in a smoothie once a week or so. tia
Yes, you can return it even if it's opened and you used it.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1229 posts
862 upvotes
Hamilton
Doesn't show up for me. I see a handout, but don't see the protein anywhere....
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
21134 posts
8030 upvotes
Socially Distanced
shwab wrote: Doesn't show up for me. I see a handout, but don't see the protein anywhere....
Protein deficiency may cause deterioration of visual acuity Winking Face
j/k, it was there when i checked it earlier, seems to have been edited since.
Last edited by Quentin5 on Aug 5th, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1229 posts
862 upvotes
Hamilton
Quentin5 wrote: Protein deficiency may cause deterioration of visual acuity Winking Face
I actually use this stuff from Costco, so it doesn't bode well for the product.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
21134 posts
8030 upvotes
Socially Distanced
shwab wrote: I actually use this stuff from Costco, so it doesn't bode well for the product.
my edit didn't save, the next line was: j/k, it was there when i checked it earlier, seems to have been edited since.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Sr. Member
Jan 22, 2015
503 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Showing $39.99 costco queensway with no discount

Top