Hot Deals

[Costco] COSTCO Lifeline emergency snow shovel (2 pack) $19.97 (reg $27)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 8:08 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 16, 2014
164 posts
134 upvotes
Oshawa, ON

[Costco] COSTCO Lifeline emergency snow shovel (2 pack) $19.97 (reg $27)

Costco has these 2 pack of collapsable snow shovels on sale. Handy to keep in the car. All aluminum, solid build quality.

Happy shoveling RFD

Found stock at Oshawa location
Images
  • upload.jpg
36 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3160 posts
1496 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Wish I had a Costco Near me. I saw someone posted very similar version of these on Amazon. Would of made an awesome gift.
---
Nov 6, 2016
516 posts
427 upvotes
These work great, I used one just over the weekend. It's nice that they disconnect allowing you to store them in the trunk of the car and usually in one of those lower in-floor trunk compartments in most vehicles... very light too. Hasn't bent yet.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2488 posts
862 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Regular price in Vancouver.
Oct 17, 2007
80 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Somehow, the words "lifeline" and "emergency" made me think about the practical uses of these shovels in situations where I have to dig a hole to bury a dead body after ending someone else's life to preserve my own.
Jun 13, 2005
157 posts
39 upvotes
new westminster, bc
AdamKing wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 7:21 pm
Regular price in Vancouver.
Figures - supply & demand. No demand here!
Jul 19, 2018
62 posts
62 upvotes
I've had a set for awhile now. Decent shovel to keep in the trunk during winter, shoveled myself out after work many times with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2195 posts
244 upvotes
c3apollyon wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:55 am
Figures - supply & demand. No demand here!
If there was low demand there, wouldn't it make more sense for Costco to lower the price to entice people to buy it?
Jun 18, 2016
117 posts
258 upvotes
What’s the price for just one? Can’t imagine going through two emergencies
Feb 2, 2015
139 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary, AB
These are also awesome little shovels to have on the snowmobile or your backpack too when in the backcountry. Mountaineering, winter camping, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sledding, icefishing etc. At this price, much cheaper than the brand name competition, and also much better quality than the usual cheap plastic offerings. Voted
Oct 19, 2007
611 posts
302 upvotes
t6ho wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:15 pm
Somehow, the words "lifeline" and "emergency" made me think about the practical uses of these shovels in situations where I have to dig a hole to bury a dead body after ending someone else's life to preserve my own.
not a lawyer but if you have killed someone in self-defense you should contact a lawyer, not bury the body
Oct 17, 2010
982 posts
365 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
MooseV2 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:01 am
What’s the price for just one? Can’t imagine going through two emergencies
Bonus: These ones are reusable! If you have a second car you can have one reusable shovel in each!!
Nov 16, 2016
126 posts
30 upvotes
Alberta
ajdeals wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:10 am
These are also awesome little shovels to have on the snowmobile or your backpack too when in the backcountry. Mountaineering, winter camping, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sledding, icefishing etc. At this price, much cheaper than the brand name competition, and also much better quality than the usual cheap plastic offerings. Voted
As long as you're not hoping to use them in an emergency situation in the backcountry. There's a reason good snow shovels like SOS, mammut and voilee cost $60+. Definitely well worth the little extra money if you are venturing in avalanche county.
Feb 2, 2015
139 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Sure a sturdier and more expensive shovel for avalanche areas, but I've found plenty of use for these ones to get sleds and vehicles unstuck in bad situations. A decent quality beater shovel that I wouldn't hesitate to throw under stuck pickup tires for traction either