Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] COSTCO Lifeline emergency snow shovel (2 pack) $19.97 (reg $27)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2019 10:17 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 16, 2014
216 posts
208 upvotes
Oshawa, ON

[Costco] COSTCO Lifeline emergency snow shovel (2 pack) $19.97 (reg $27)

Costco has these 2 pack of collapsable snow shovels on sale. Handy to keep in the car. All aluminum, solid build quality.

****UPDATE****
Others have noted they are available online for the same price. Thanks for pointing that out

https://www.costco.ca/Lifeline-Aluminum ... 28513.html

Happy shoveling RFD

Found stock at Oshawa location
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by JordanTO on Jan 22nd, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
55 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3333 posts
1851 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Wish I had a Costco Near me. I saw someone posted very similar version of these on Amazon. Would of made an awesome gift.
---
Nov 6, 2016
791 posts
729 upvotes
These work great, I used one just over the weekend. It's nice that they disconnect allowing you to store them in the trunk of the car and usually in one of those lower in-floor trunk compartments in most vehicles... very light too. Hasn't bent yet.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2643 posts
993 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Regular price in Vancouver.
Oct 17, 2007
95 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Somehow, the words "lifeline" and "emergency" made me think about the practical uses of these shovels in situations where I have to dig a hole to bury a dead body after ending someone else's life to preserve my own.
Jun 13, 2005
168 posts
42 upvotes
new westminster, bc
AdamKing wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 7:21 pm
Regular price in Vancouver.
Figures - supply & demand. No demand here!
Jul 19, 2018
124 posts
124 upvotes
I've had a set for awhile now. Decent shovel to keep in the trunk during winter, shoveled myself out after work many times with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2283 posts
332 upvotes
c3apollyon wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:55 am
Figures - supply & demand. No demand here!
If there was low demand there, wouldn't it make more sense for Costco to lower the price to entice people to buy it?
Jun 18, 2016
207 posts
453 upvotes
What’s the price for just one? Can’t imagine going through two emergencies
Feb 2, 2015
315 posts
420 upvotes
Calgary, AB
These are also awesome little shovels to have on the snowmobile or your backpack too when in the backcountry. Mountaineering, winter camping, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sledding, icefishing etc. At this price, much cheaper than the brand name competition, and also much better quality than the usual cheap plastic offerings. Voted
Oct 19, 2007
633 posts
317 upvotes
t6ho wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:15 pm
Somehow, the words "lifeline" and "emergency" made me think about the practical uses of these shovels in situations where I have to dig a hole to bury a dead body after ending someone else's life to preserve my own.
not a lawyer but if you have killed someone in self-defense you should contact a lawyer, not bury the body
Oct 17, 2010
992 posts
375 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
MooseV2 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:01 am
What’s the price for just one? Can’t imagine going through two emergencies
Bonus: These ones are reusable! If you have a second car you can have one reusable shovel in each!!
Nov 16, 2016
164 posts
56 upvotes
Alberta
ajdeals wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:10 am
These are also awesome little shovels to have on the snowmobile or your backpack too when in the backcountry. Mountaineering, winter camping, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sledding, icefishing etc. At this price, much cheaper than the brand name competition, and also much better quality than the usual cheap plastic offerings. Voted
As long as you're not hoping to use them in an emergency situation in the backcountry. There's a reason good snow shovels like SOS, mammut and voilee cost $60+. Definitely well worth the little extra money if you are venturing in avalanche county.
Feb 2, 2015
315 posts
420 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Sure a sturdier and more expensive shovel for avalanche areas, but I've found plenty of use for these ones to get sleds and vehicles unstuck in bad situations. A decent quality beater shovel that I wouldn't hesitate to throw under stuck pickup tires for traction either