Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco Membership Vouchers - $60 on Gold & $120 on Executive (possibly targetted)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2020 4:59 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 12, 2005
937 posts
97 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Costco Membership Vouchers - $60 on Gold & $120 on Executive (possibly targetted)

Got an email offering a $60 voucher to sign up as a new Gold Star Member or $120 voucher to sign up as a new Executive Member. This may be targeted - YMMV.

Both membership options also include a free Spouse card.

Check your email for a code!

Sorry if this is a repost.
Shojin wrote:I like to quote myself.
235 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 22, 2006
2213 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
Email from Costco? Wouldn't you be a member already if you were on their mailing list? I suppose it's for people who may have bought on their website but weren't members.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 20, 2009
673 posts
170 upvotes
GTA
Shojin wrote: Got an email offering a $60 voucher to sign up as a new Gold Star Member or $120 voucher to sign up as a new Executive Member. This may be targeted - YMMV.

Both membership options also include a free Spouse card.

Check your email for a code!

Sorry if this is a repost.
Voucher to sign up? $60 for gold and $120 for executive is the price.
Jr. Member
Sep 12, 2018
185 posts
117 upvotes
Edmonton
esq05 wrote: Email from Costco? Wouldn't you be a member already if you were on their mailing list? I suppose it's for people who may have bought on their website but weren't members.
I got this as well. I'm an online only member.
Member
Dec 2, 2012
207 posts
294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I got it too. When I get home I’m going to vet it to make sure it isn’t fraud lol. There’s a unique code you enter during checkout. I’m an online member only - never had a membership.
Images
  • 0DDFD2FB-77CA-49B8-8C2B-5C3AB57A6AC2.png
  • B78567B4-3C5F-45E7-93A4-4731748B6CE3.png
  • EE37E17E-91B1-44D6-BDD8-C8E9851D1954.png
  • EED9E8D8-D144-43EC-B8EE-B08A77B5362D.png
Newbie
May 26, 2018
80 posts
23 upvotes
I also got the email, online member.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3654 posts
1130 upvotes
Canada
i got the email too and i'm online customer only/never had a membership. Looks interesting offer? anyone wants to chime in on this?

whats the difference between 2 membership classes?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 25, 2012
1017 posts
366 upvotes
I got the offer too but I'm confused. How much are we paying out of pocket after the vouchers?
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Newbie
Apr 19, 2016
23 posts
23 upvotes
badsha wrote: i got the email too and i'm online customer only/never had a membership. Looks interesting offer? anyone wants to chime in on this?

whats the difference between 2 membership classes?
2% back on all purchases with the Executive membership.
Newbie
Mar 10, 2012
41 posts
40 upvotes
demzie wrote: I got the offer too but I'm confused. How much are we paying out of pocket after the vouchers?
$60. They're essentially giving you the price you're paying in credit.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 25, 2012
1017 posts
366 upvotes
ken785 wrote: $60. They're essentially giving you the price you're paying in credit.
Thanks. So does that mean it's free? It sounds like the membership is for $120 and they're giving me back $120 in online voucher to be used at costco.ca?
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4451 posts
2339 upvotes
demzie wrote: Thanks. So does that mean it's free? It sounds like the membership is for $120 and they're giving me back $120 in online voucher to be used at costco.ca?
Would essentially be free. since that's the case I'd sign up for executive so you can get the 2% back, then downgrade when you renew if you don't think you'll earn at least $60 back in credit per year.

Voucher is likely to be used in the warehouse, not online (edit: duh it says costco.ca voucher, ignore this..)
Last edited by hvc on Oct 22nd, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Dec 2, 2012
207 posts
294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
demzie wrote: Thanks. So does that mean it's free? It sounds like the membership is for $120 and they're giving me back $120 in online voucher to be used at costco.ca?
You’re right. You pay 60 or 120+tax, and get an online voucher for the same amount (taxes excluded ofc)
Member
Dec 2, 2012
207 posts
294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
hvc wrote: Voucher is likely to be used in the warehouse, not online.

Would essentially be free. since that's the case I'd sign up for executive so you can get the 2% back, then downgrade when you renew if you don't think you'll earn at least $60 back in credit per year.
Voucher is for online use only
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4451 posts
2339 upvotes
OGFree99 wrote: Voucher is for online use only
Yeah just saw the pictures, edited my post.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 25, 2012
1017 posts
366 upvotes
hvc wrote: Would essentially be free. since that's the case I'd sign up for executive so you can get the 2% back, then downgrade when you renew if you don't think you'll earn at least $60 back in credit per year.

Voucher is likely to be used in the warehouse, not online (edit: duh it says costco.ca voucher, ignore this..)
OGFree99 wrote: You’re right. You pay 60 or 120+tax, and get an online voucher for the same amount (taxes excluded ofc)
If this is the case....then this is lava hot deal for those that got it.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 2, 2003
16399 posts
2791 upvotes
GTA
what is this online only member ??
you're either a member or not

there is no online only membership. is there???
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 25, 2012
1017 posts
366 upvotes
actng wrote: what is this online only member ??
you're either a member or not

there is no online only membership. is there???
People who buy things from costco.ca but don't have membership.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Member
Aug 13, 2015
392 posts
570 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Shojin wrote: Got an email offering a $60 voucher to sign up as a new Gold Star Member or $120 voucher to sign up as a new Executive Member. This may be targeted - YMMV.

Both membership options also include a free Spouse card.

Check your email for a code!

Sorry if this is a repost.
I'm not a member, and today I got this, too - because I had attempted to purchase something from costco.ca.
One of the terms states: The online voucher code must be used in one (1) single transaction greater than $1/200, before taxes, applicable fees and shipping, unless applicable fees and/or standard shipping are included in the quoted price.

$100 total online order minimum for Star Membership, and $200 for Executive one.
Does this still make this offer a good one, or?
Sr. Member
May 17, 2011
573 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
adaniel wrote: I'm not a member, and today I got this, too - because I had attempted to purchase something from costco.ca.
One of the terms states: The online voucher code must be used in one (1) single transaction greater than $1/200, before taxes, applicable fees and shipping, unless applicable fees and/or standard shipping are included in the quoted price.

$100 total online order minimum for Star Membership, and $200 for Executive one.
Does this still make this offer a good one, or?
I say yes, if you were planning to buy something online.

Top