Hot Deals

Costco

Costco new/renewal membership offer - $50 off on $50 online purchase (or $100 off on $100)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2021 1:52 am
[OP]
Mar 10, 2018
98 posts
99 upvotes

[Costco] Costco new/renewal membership offer - $50 off on $50 online purchase (or $100 off on $100)

Sign up as a new Executive Member and get a $100 Costco.ca online voucher (minimum spend $100)

Sign up as a new Gold Star Member and get a $50 Costco.ca online voucher (minimum spend $50)

IN-PERSON
Show your email with promo code at your nearest Costco location to reactivate your membership and receive the offer.

AWARENESS CODE: 51828

1. Sign in or create a new account online with your old membership number.
2. Under “My Account”, select “Renew Membership”.
3. Select “Renew Gold Star/Executive” or “Upgrade to Executive”.
4. At checkout, enter your unique promo code, sent via email, in the “Apply Promo Code” field.
5. Promo code is applied successfully when “Discount on Order of $0.01” appears below “Order Total”.
6. You will receive an email within 2-4 business days with your Costco.ca voucher. Please make sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive your voucher within the aforementioned time frame.

*This offer is for new members or memberships that have been expired for more than 18 months. The offer expires August 29, 2021 and may not be combined with any other offers. Original email must be presented at the Membership Counter at signup. To redeem this offer online, use membership promo code at checkout. You will then receive an email with a unique promo code for online spend within 2-4 business days. Costco.ca online voucher not valid in warehouse.

Executive Membership Offer: Receive a $100 online voucher for your next purchase on Costco.ca when purchasing a new Executive Membership on Costco.ca. The online voucher promo code will be sent to the member’s email address within 2-4 business days of successful completion of the signup process. The online voucher is valid until September 26, 2021. The online voucher code must be used in one (1) single transaction greater than $100, before taxes, applicable fees and shipping, unless applicable fees and/or standard shipping are included in the quoted price.

Only one (1) $100 OFF can be used per member per transaction during the promotional period. Voucher will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Voucher amount will not be reissued if merchandise is returned. Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centres, on Costcobusinesscentre.ca, on Costcophotocentre.ca, on Instacart.ca, on Sameday.costco.ca, or on purchases of Costco Shop Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals. Only Canadian Costco members in good standing may take advantage of this offer. Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers subject to change without notice.

Gold Star Membership Offer: Receive a $50 online voucher for your next purchase on Costco.ca when purchasing a new Gold Star Membership on Costco.ca. A $50 online voucher Promo Code will be sent to the member’s email address within 2-4 business days of successful completion of the signup process. The online voucher is valid until September 26, 2021. The online voucher code must be used in one (1) single transaction greater than $50, before taxes, applicable fees and shipping, unless applicable fees and/or standard shipping are included in the quoted price.

Only one (1) $50 OFF can be used per member per transaction during the promotional period. Voucher will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Voucher amount will not be reissued if merchandise is returned. Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centres, on Costcobusinesscentre.ca, on Costcophotocentre.ca, on Instacart.ca, on Sameday.costco.ca, or on purchases of Costco Shop Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals. Only Canadian Costco members in good standing may take advantage of this offer. Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers subject to change without notice.

*** UPDATE ***

So I called their central customer service line, and they said it's for the "selected" expired membership. Obviously, their marketing words are misleading.

However, I also note that I opted out of their email mailing list, so it probably explains why I didn't get the email. They can't re-issue the code, so there was nothing they could do over the phone.

They suggested that I walk into a local warehouse and mention the awareness code, and it's up to them whether to honor that or still require the "unique" promo code.

So I went to my local warehouse in Vancouver this afternoon and mentioned the awareness code, and they had NO issue applying that to get me the respective vouchers that are going to be emailed to me.

With regard to the vague insertion of the "new member" eligibility, I don't think it's heavily imposed.

As long as they punch in the awareness code, they don't even need to punch in the "unique" promo code. Their internal system takes care of it,

HOWEVER, it sounded like from time to time there is an investigation from the HQ to check whether the membership application has been processed properly, so it's up to the employee at the membership counter how they would scrutinize the terms and conditions of the offer.

Good luck!
Last edited by ivyman on Aug 9th, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zoomer
132 replies
Jun 15, 2019
251 posts
382 upvotes
Isn't this just the standard promo they always have going?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1203 posts
257 upvotes
ivyman wrote: Sign up as a new Executive Member and get a $100 Costco.ca online voucher (minimum spend $100)

Sign up as a new Gold Star Member and get a $50 Costco.ca online voucher (minimum spend $50)

IN-PERSON
Show your email with promo code at your nearest Costco location to reactivate your membership and receive the offer.

AWARENESS CODE: 51828

1. Sign in or create a new account online with your old membership number.
2. Under “My Account”, select “Renew Membership”.
3. Select “Renew Gold Star/Executive” or “Upgrade to Executive”.
4. At checkout, enter your unique promo code, sent via email, in the “Apply Promo Code” field.
5. Promo code is applied successfully when “Discount on Order of $0.01” appears below “Order Total”.
6. You will receive an email within 2-4 business days with your Costco.ca voucher. Please make sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive your voucher within the aforementioned time frame.
Does it stack with referral? Saw that in store if you refer someone both get $25/$50 GC depending on the membership.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1595 posts
993 upvotes
rokask wrote: Isn't this just the standard promo they always have going?
really? I've never heard of $100 coupon with no real min spend... it's like free!
Dec 24, 2017
997 posts
885 upvotes
The title is misleading, it’s almost click bait. Put new member sign-up in the title.
Jun 15, 2019
251 posts
382 upvotes
ktkn wrote: really? I've never heard of $100 coupon with no real min spend... it's like free!
Yeah, except you have to be a new member or 18 months expired.
Nov 25, 2014
35 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't get any unique promo code nor any email and I am an existing member (expired membership).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9268 posts
119 upvotes
GTA/Markham
My membership just expired last month, I've never received an offer code to renew from Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7057 posts
2718 upvotes
Calgary
Doesn't work. My membership expired Nov 2019, tried renewing with the promotion code but got this warning "The promo code you have entered is invalid. Please verify the code and try again."
Jan 2, 2017
415 posts
452 upvotes
It says it's for new members, renewals and those trying to upgrade as well
Jun 15, 2019
251 posts
382 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: Doesn't work. My membership expired Nov 2019, tried renewing with the promotion code but got this warning "The promo code you have entered is invalid. Please verify the code and try again."
Since over 18 months has passed, I would guess they could assist you in a warehouse.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7057 posts
2718 upvotes
Calgary
rokask wrote: Since over 18 months has passed, I would guess they could assist you in a warehouse.
The people in my local Costco are far from being friendly. Honestly, if I have to go to the warehouse to put up with their attitude I rather not renewing my membership.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2767 posts
2363 upvotes
BC
Seems decent for signing up the spouse who was secondary holder. Presume this will work?
May 24, 2019
114 posts
222 upvotes
My membership expired in June 2021, didn't work for me when I tried to upgrade.
Mar 3, 2012
139 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Expired since 2 years, it works. Txs for posting, email from Costco was in spam and I want to renew...
Jun 15, 2019
251 posts
382 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Seems decent for signing up the spouse who was secondary holder. Presume this will work?
Not if you got her the spouse card.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1079 posts
1139 upvotes
Toronto
From the fine print on the footer of the page:
"This offer is for new members or memberships that have been expired for more than 18 months"

I guess if you're current, and due for renewal, it doesn't work...

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 5 guests)

RangerG, Purpletta, awonger, meanttobegreat, neupur2, trinibuoy