Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Costco new/renewal membership offer - $50 off on $50 online purchase (or $100 off on $100)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2021 10:53 am
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4181 posts
3047 upvotes
Edmonton
ipanda wrote: My membership expires end of this month. Can my spouse sign up as a new member even if she had a spouse card under my membership?
Yes
Jul 7, 2005
466 posts
100 upvotes
RobertRabbit wrote: One good way to have offers is to have two Costco account!! And NEVER auto-renew them!

My method:

I have card A that expires.
I wait for 100$ offers on my card B (cause they want you badly to come back after a year!)
My card B expires.
I wait for 100$ offers on my card A (cause they want you badly to come back after a year!)
And so and so…

I’m doing that for years and every 13-14 months I have a 100$ coupon (on 500$ purchase).
i can see how spouses can switch up accounts every other year, but how do you have 2 accounts under the same name? do you use another address?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4385 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ivyman wrote: 2 days for me.
No restriction.
So they email you the code in 2 days?
I called them and the rep said 2 weeks.....
omg.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
[OP]
Mar 10, 2018
132 posts
128 upvotes
ipanda wrote: My membership expires end of this month. Can my spouse sign up as a new member even if she had a spouse card under my membership?
Yes. I've been doing that for years.
Zoomer
[OP]
Mar 10, 2018
132 posts
128 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: So they email you the code in 2 days?
I called them and the rep said 2 weeks.....
omg.
Yeah, they just emailed me in 2 days.
Zoomer
[OP]
Mar 10, 2018
132 posts
128 upvotes
freetrade wrote: is this coupon online only or can work in store as well?

EDIT: nvm, just read the fine print...that's lame. would be good if it was in store.
Never seen a coupon useable in store for almost 2.5 years.
And this is $100 off $100. Typically, it's $100 off $150 or $200.

Why would this offer be lame?
Zoomer
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1037 posts
904 upvotes
Mooooonnn
For those who switch between yours and spouse membership, can I ask:

1. Won’t you lose purchase record if you switch to another membership and have difficulties when need to return/replace defect items or doing price adjustment?
2. If both you and your spouse’s name on one membership, won’t costco be able to tell if you switch main holder name as it was previously spouse card, and thus decline the offer?

I feel this may be a good deal but seems more work as above, I’d usually take their gift membership promo (20/50off? Can’t remember) and use it to renew my membership
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Feb 1, 2010
747 posts
136 upvotes
ivyman wrote: Never seen a coupon useable in store for almost 2.5 years.
And this is $100 off $100. Typically, it's $100 off $150 or $200.

Why would this offer be lame?
lol i thought they have higher prices and different options online which don't necessarily equate things you want/need.
Mar 6, 2011
293 posts
160 upvotes
So I've read through this thread several times, and I'm still confused. If I'm a new customer (never had a membership) but haven't received an email with a unique code, is there any way for me to get this deal?
Public Mobile
Lightspeed Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4181 posts
3047 upvotes
Edmonton
dtaylorl wrote: So I've read through this thread several times, and I'm still confused. If I'm a new customer (never had a membership) but haven't received an email with a unique code, is there any way for me to get this deal?
No, you need the e-mail. Refer to Post #1.
Jun 20, 2009
696 posts
172 upvotes
GTA
greg123 wrote: Can you still do returns if the membership is no longer valid?
Yes, you can. You still need to provide the membership card. I just did this today.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3783 posts
3244 upvotes
musicmastomagic wrote: Yes, you can. You still need to provide the membership card. I just did this today.
How would this work when Costco collected the membership card upon cancelation?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1170 posts
473 upvotes
Chambly, QC
mogmatt wrote: i can see how spouses can switch up accounts every other year, but how do you have 2 accounts under the same name? do you use another address?
Same name, same adress... just a little mispelling will do the trick! :-p
Jun 20, 2009
696 posts
172 upvotes
GTA
I don't think you are required to return the card when you chose not to renew. You let it expire and can keep the card. At least, I have never been asked for it.
Mar 19, 2019
154 posts
99 upvotes
Quebec
My membership expired July 31st and I was planing to renew in store tonight. If I understand correctly, I could renew and show the awerness code and get the 50$ or 100$? I've read the comments but I am still unsure.

I could get my wife to sign up with awerness code I guess.
Fido 30$ 15GB Unlimited / FIdo 35$ 9GB Unlimited
Feb 21, 2019
180 posts
99 upvotes
Went to a store in Calgary and mentioned about the awareness code thingy. The lady at customer services said that’s online offer only. She refused to help me on that. I was using a spouse executive card which expired at the end of July. I wanted to downgrade to gold star but they said only the main card holder can do it. I was not impressed since I was the one upgraded to executive membership when they had 3 sale people cornered me. Guess as a spouse cardholder I can only upgrade but can’t downgrade. I ended up just signing up a new gold star membership as the main card holder without any offer. Another sneaky thing is that they forced me to put my credit card information on file so it is set up for auto renewal in the future. They said it’s the new Costco policy that I must set up auto renewal at the counter. Has anyone seen this happening anywhere?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2868 posts
1719 upvotes
Ojnimo wrote: Went to a store in Calgary and mentioned about the awareness code thingy. The lady at customer services said that’s online offer only. She refused to help me on that. I was using a spouse executive card which expired at the end of July. I wanted to downgrade to gold star but they said only the main card holder can do it. I was not impressed since I was the one upgraded to executive membership when they had 3 sale people cornered me. Guess as a spouse cardholder I can only upgrade but can’t downgrade. I ended up just signing up a new gold star membership as the main card holder without any offer. Another sneaky thing is that they forced me to put my credit card information on file so it is set up for auto renewal in the future. They said it’s the new Costco policy that I must set up auto renewal at the counter. Has anyone seen this happening anywhere?
I was on another card (not as main holder), and was able to sign up using the awareness code on my own new account. Got the coupon 2-3 days later in my email.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2868 posts
1719 upvotes
dtaylorl wrote: So I've read through this thread several times, and I'm still confused. If I'm a new customer (never had a membership) but haven't received an email with a unique code, is there any way for me to get this deal?
I didn’t show any email, just the page with the awareness code, and was able to apply it.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2868 posts
1719 upvotes
I didn’t show any email, just the page with the awareness code, and was able to apply it.
Feb 21, 2019
180 posts
99 upvotes
mathewvc wrote: I was on another card (not as main holder), and was able to sign up using the awareness code on my own new account. Got the coupon 2-3 days later in my email.
Guess it depends on who you get? I wasn’t lucky. Good you had a good experience:-)