Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Costco new/renewal membership offer - $50 off on $50 online purchase (or $100 off on $100)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2021 10:53 am
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1134 posts
460 upvotes
Chambly, QC
ivyman wrote: 1. No drawbacks, but typical renewal promotions require at least more than 12 months of expiry, so even if you alternate between two people, you might need to wait for some more months to be eligible for a new renewal promo unless you have three people to take a turn in membership;

2. Yes, you can return the purchases with the expired membership;

3. You can still use the existing costco.ca account as long as you renewed with the same old membership number.
You are right, it took 15 month for me to have the best offer (100$ of 500$ online for executive membership).
It doesn’t bother me to have a 3 month gap between membership. Time to empty my pantries!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4036 posts
2854 upvotes
Edmonton
If anybody is having trouble finding something to buy online with their $50 voucher, there is always the 100 ft. extension cord. There is a previous discussion here: [Costco] Prime 100ft Outdoor extension cord - 12/3 SJTW - $54.99 online.

Yes, it's cheaper in-store. Yes, it's been cheaper (on sale) before. However, at just over $50, it's less than $10 delivered with the voucher. I ordered it on Friday and received it by UPS this morning (faster than Amazon). An excellent price for a 100 ft. 12 gauge extension cord.
Aug 20, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Ojnimo wrote: Went to a store in Calgary and mentioned about the awareness code thingy. The lady at customer services said that’s online offer only. She refused to help me on that. I was using a spouse executive card which expired at the end of July. I wanted to downgrade to gold star but they said only the main card holder can do it. I was not impressed since I was the one upgraded to executive membership when they had 3 sale people cornered me. Guess as a spouse cardholder I can only upgrade but can’t downgrade. I ended up just signing up a new gold star membership as the main card holder without any offer. Another sneaky thing is that they forced me to put my credit card information on file so it is set up for auto renewal in the future. They said it’s the new Costco policy that I must set up auto renewal at the counter. Has anyone seen this happening anywhere?
I had an experience similar to this last night. Never had a membership before, went to the membership desk and showed the page and code. Membership officer took the code down and had me put all my info into the system. She tried to apply the code, said it was for renewals only. I pointed at the text that said "new members," and that it said you could use the offer in store. She went to get a manager (I assume), they chatted, I asked if it would be ok, she said yes. Well, I guess I should have been more specific than "will it be ok?," because after I paid, she handed me a $50 off $150 coupon, which is their current "refer a friend" promo. I said that wasn't the promo that I was redeeming and she said "Oh, we can't redeem the online offers in store." I was pretty irritated because had she simply said that earlier, I would have tried online, or at the very least brought along a friend with a Costco membership so they could get the other half of the "refer a friend" promo.
Oct 30, 2010
353 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
I saw on social media someone got some grocery goodies (some jam + bread or something) along with the two $50 vouchers when renewing their executive membership, is this some exclusive promo with some stores?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1900 posts
1772 upvotes
I managed to get this promo (100$ for coupon for exec. memb.) easily last week. My membership - one of the many I had so far - was expired for 2 yrs or so. I called in Customer Service and said I wanted to renew and saw the online offer for 100$ off 100$ for executive membership. I also mentioned I did not receive any email with any code in these past 2 years and politely asked if I can somehow take advantage of this offer. The customer Rep took a few second and then said his manager would allow me to use this promo, provided CC details, paid the 120$ and got the 100$ coupon on the spot, over the phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
2163 posts
247 upvotes
Mississauga
^Upvoted! I followed your advice and managed to get the code a couple of hours ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2018
1192 posts
1387 upvotes
If I've never had a Costco membership, do I have to walk in to a store and ask them about this? When I try to buy online, I don't have a promo code to get the $50 voucher.
Jun 23, 2021
4 posts
1 upvote
I went to the Burnaby location and had no problems signing up as a new member. I just gave them the awareness code and they were able to sign me up.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2018
1192 posts
1387 upvotes
jennijenni wrote: I went to the Burnaby location and had no problems signing up as a new member. I just gave them the awareness code and they were able to sign me up.
I signed up at the Burnaby location this morning as well, and I'm pretty sure the lady at Customer Service didn't do it right. I doubt I'm getting this voucher.
Jun 23, 2021
4 posts
1 upvote
The lady asked me for the code multiple times, so I'm hoping she did it right
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2005
1458 posts
39 upvotes
Parts Unknown
In addition, I was told by the rep that you can downgrade to the regular membership at any l time and receive your $60 refund minus any rewards earned. You keep the $100 voucher value so you actually profit $40.
SomeOtherDude wrote: True, but the $10 vs $20 is negligible because you get 2% rebate and even the occasional user will get back that $10 difference in no time

As for the $100 voucher yes it's sort of only good if you needed a larger item anyways
Like I needed to get a ceiling fan, or new bike anyways which cost a few hundred dollars already
I wouldn't get groceries with online order. There's plenty plenty of other well priced items.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2951 posts
2240 upvotes
Any new offers? Mine expires today, so I was hoping to renew wife’s which expired 15 months ago…
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1134 posts
460 upvotes
Chambly, QC
Make sure she has all the promotion email check in her contact preferences.
And wait for the better offer.
Or try on the phone if you're in a hurry

djredhat wrote: Any new offers? Mine expires today, so I was hoping to renew wife’s which expired 15 months ago…
[OP]
Mar 10, 2018
117 posts
121 upvotes
djredhat wrote: Any new offers? Mine expires today, so I was hoping to renew wife’s which expired 15 months ago…

So my wife and I just got mail-in offers, which have never come to my place in the past, but I assum this has been resumed as I opted in for promotion mailing few weeks ago.

An interesting part this time is that despite the promo being slightly different, i.e., $100 off $250 purchase for executive and $50 off $150 for gold, the awareness code is the same as the promotion posted here (and it seems like this promo just ended).

It does come with a "unique code" associated with the respective membership number, so the "code" can't be used by someone else.
Zoomer
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2005
1458 posts
39 upvotes
Parts Unknown
Signed up for the executive sat aug 28 in-store and still haven’t received my $100 voucher.

The receipt doesn’t show any promo code but was told it’s been entered into the system. Anyone that did this in-store, does your receipt show the awareness code?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2951 posts
2240 upvotes
ivyman wrote: So my wife and I just got mail-in offers, which have never come to my place in the past, but I assum this has been resumed as I opted in for promotion mailing few weeks ago.

An interesting part this time is that despite the promo being slightly different, i.e., $100 off $250 purchase for executive and $50 off $150 for gold, the awareness code is the same as the promotion posted here (and it seems like this promo just ended).

It does come with a "unique code" associated with the respective membership number, so the "code" can't be used by someone else.
Thanks

I see they have also updated the link in OP with the new offer. It’s until September 26. I will hold on until the next month offer (hoping for $100 on $100).

Also, the memberships expires not 1 year after activation, but at the end of the month that you signed after the 1 year. So if you sign on the 1st of the month, you actually get 13 months
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Jan 14, 2017
430 posts
290 upvotes
ivyman wrote: So my wife and I just got mail-in offers, which have never come to my place in the past, but I assum this has been resumed as I opted in for promotion mailing few weeks ago.

I was using a secondary card from a family member as my own membership expired 1y ago. Do you think I can take advantage of the deal in the link you provided? i didn‘t receive any email or mail in coupon for the get $100 off $250 deal

thanks
[OP]
Mar 10, 2018
117 posts
121 upvotes
viperman999 wrote: Signed up for the executive sat aug 28 in-store and still haven’t received my $100 voucher.

The receipt doesn’t show any promo code but was told it’s been entered into the system. Anyone that did this in-store, does your receipt show the awareness code?

Thanks.
No, my receipt doesn't show the code, but received the voucher in 2 days. Keep waiting. I've seen some other people waited longer than just 2 days to receive it.
Zoomer
May 28, 2018
139 posts
128 upvotes
Just wanted to chime in on my experience. I upgraded from regular to executive membership in-store, probably toward the beginning of August. They came to "sell me" on the membership based on my purchase history for 2020. I agreed, when the agent charged me for my executive membership there was no mention of any online offer. I saw this thread a day or so later, I emailed Costco customer service that I was clearly in the offer period, it was not offered to me and asked if I could take advantage. They basically said sorry you need to go to the store that did it and deal with it.

Now I'm just lazy to do anything. Anybody able to get this applied through online customer service?