Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] (Costco) Ninebot Max electric scooter $999 (members only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2020 10:13 am
[OP]
Nov 12, 2018
9 posts
24 upvotes

[Costco] (Costco) Ninebot Max electric scooter $999 (members only)

Costco.ca is now selling Ninebot Max electric scooter, well reviewed and has some of the best range for the price. The price is cheaper than official website of $850 USD. This is great for getting around outside during summer. There are few resellers for these scooters in Canada and most are selling for a lot more (check Amazon) and stock is usually low. For the price and also Costco customer service, seems like a good deal.

Note: Membership required.
139 replies
Aug 13, 2019
108 posts
219 upvotes
If anyone has any questions about electric scooters, I'll be happy to answer. I've owned two scooters within the last 6 months and have used them daily to commute to work and university. I love not paying for gas or insurance!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9372 posts
1511 upvotes
Vancouver
Redcontrollers wrote: If anyone has any questions about electric scooters, I'll be happy to answer. I've owned two scooters within the last 6 months and have used them daily to commute to work and university. I love not paying for gas or insurance!!
How far are your commutes? Can you do it year round?
General Radek had some good ideas.
Aug 13, 2019
108 posts
219 upvotes
1226 wrote: How far are your commutes? Can you do it year round?
My commutes are about 7km each way. My scooter goes about 45km an hour so I get there in no time. I was able to use it all year except for December to February snow days.
Aug 8, 2009
396 posts
506 upvotes
I bought this from Costco over a month ago.

It's amazing, if you have the $$ do it.
Nov 26, 2017
20 posts
20 upvotes
Redcontrollers wrote: My commutes are about 7km each way. My scooter goes about 45km an hour so I get there in no time. I was able to use it all year except for December to February snow days.
What scooter do you have that goes that fast?
Aug 8, 2016
34 posts
44 upvotes
Redcontrollers wrote: If anyone has any questions about electric scooters, I'll be happy to answer. I've owned two scooters within the last 6 months and have used them daily to commute to work and university. I love not paying for gas or insurance!!
Just out of curiosity where do you store your scooter once you're at work/uni and what models do you have? That's my only concern as to my understanding you can't lock these e-scooters like you would a bike.
Aug 13, 2019
108 posts
219 upvotes
User205932 wrote: What scooter do you have that goes that fast?
It's called the Mercane Widewheel. It is about $1500 after taxes. I am upgrading this month to a scooter called the Zero 10x which goes 65km an hour + 80km range. It is expensive, but my insurance quote was about $650-$700 a month and I can't afford that as a student.
Aug 13, 2019
108 posts
219 upvotes
jaaykaayelle wrote: Just out of curiosity where do you store your scooter once you're at work/uni and what models do you have? That's my only concern as to my understanding you can't lock these e-scooters like you would a bike.
I literally park my scooter folded in a corner of my lecture halls. No one minds since it's not blocking anything/anyone. At work, I just park it in the employee area. I don't bother locking it since mine requires a key and has many cameras. I currently ride the Mercane Widewheel and used to own the Xiaomi Mi M365.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2018
9 posts
24 upvotes
For people in Ontario, I think electric kick scooters are restricted to 25km/hr and municipalities have to opt-in to the pilot program (for example: Toronto has not). So police could pull you over in those cases. That being said, the previous threads on SDM scooter deals seem to indicate that people do use them and don't seemed to get pulled over. So keep those things in mind.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9372 posts
1511 upvotes
Vancouver
Redcontrollers wrote: My commutes are about 7km each way. My scooter goes about 45km an hour so I get there in no time. I was able to use it all year except for December to February snow days.
Thanks. You ever take it shopping? Like do you drag it around the store? You can't lock it to a bike rack right?

What roads/paths do you ride it on in those 7km? Like bike paths? Sidewalks? At a speed approaching anywhere near 45, that would seem a little dangerous for pedestrians.
General Radek had some good ideas.
Dec 7, 2012
827 posts
428 upvotes
Ontario
$1k for a no-suspension 30km/h scooter is a pretty poor deal. An overvolted M365 will manage better than that and at half the cost... At this price I'd advise against any Ninebot/segway product. If you plan on riding on the road as some provinces require, it's actually dangerous to go so slow.
Your advertisement here
Aug 13, 2019
108 posts
219 upvotes
1226 wrote: Thanks. You ever take it shopping? Like do you drag it around the store? You can't lock it to a bike rack right?

What roads/paths do you ride it on in those 7km? Like bike paths? Sidewalks? At a speed approaching anywhere near 45, that would seem a little dangerous for pedestrians.
Good question. I actually live in the GTA where there is a good bike route near me with smooth pavement, so I take that to work and University for a majority of the commute. For night time (past 10pm), I take the roads as they're mainly empty and smooth. I try my best to avoid the sidewalks as it is bumpy and a bit disrespectful to zoom past people. I typically take my scooter inside malls and grocery stores. I have a grocery basket that i can attach to the handlebars, so I don't have to use a shopping cart.
Aug 13, 2019
108 posts
219 upvotes
EliteJay wrote: $1k for a no-suspension 30km/h scooter is a pretty poor deal. An overvolted M365 will manage better than that and at half the cost... At this price I'd advise against any Ninebot/segway product. If you plan on riding on the road as some provinces require, it's actually dangerous to go so slow.
With $1k, you're also getting one of the most balanced scooters out there. There is nothing wrong with Ninebot scooters, they are very reputable and have many accessories. The Costco warranty for a scooter is the best in North America, literally. Also, I'm sure anyone buying this doesn't plan on using the road too.