Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco Ninja Air Fryer $79.99 in store, $89.99 online

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2020 1:03 pm
Jul 13, 2018
18 posts
6 upvotes
Apparently the deal is still on. Was able to pick one up today in Burnaby, BC. Got really lucky since they’ve been sold out for a while. Was able to find one in the returned section that was unopened. My wife loves it.
Aug 29, 2020
46 posts
26 upvotes
I'm wondering if I should have gotten this instead:
Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven - 10Qt
Black Friday Top Deal
SAVE $50
$129.99
SALE ends: December 3, 2020
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/in ... 65&irgwc=1

Can cook more items & double the size (10Qt vs. 4Qt) for about $50 more. >check
Bit bigger space requirement, but then more food variety & larger batches. >check
More clean-up required, but still save time in the end due to larger batches. >check

I own the Instant Pot & simply love it.
On that note, I was considering buying the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid (approx $100), but if I bought the Vortex, that is no longer needed?
I find, with the Ninja Air Fryer, I'm tempted to cram more than I should to avoid doing 2 batches because lack of time or laziness.
WIth the Vortex, the cramming issue should no longer be an issue.

Anyone own the Vortex & can share thoughts/ideas?

*reason for edit: fixed $30 > $50.
Last edited by MossiDafPunk on Nov 25th, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2358 posts
1947 upvotes
GVRD
MossiDafPunk wrote: Can cook more items & double the size (10Qt vs. 4Qt) for about $30 more. >check
You tease.
That Instant Pot air fryer looks cool.

But $79 to $129.99 is a $50 difference + tax (or about $56 difference in total)

Amazon.ca just price-matched and dropped their online price:
https://www.amazon.ca/Instant-Vortex-Pl ... 07VM28XTR/
(#1 Bestseller now)

Yes, probably more clean-up and more counter space required.
I'm going to need some wire shelves to store all these little appliances.

IT'S A MOST WONDERFUL TIME... OF THE YEAR!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1080 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
RxMills wrote: BLACK FRIDAY is 4 days away.
But this well-designed quality small air fryer at $79, when other stores are putting it on sale for $99, is a great deal.
One must be careful to compare air fryer categories (size, brand, reputation, etc.) appropriately.
One thing that's difficult to know is long-term durability. Reviews generally cover initial operations.
Compared to other over methods, yes. But of course, for our taste buds, nothing compares to deep fried greasy fries. But you could eat piles of fries with an air fryer and not have the same long term health impact as deep frying.
Thanks for the informative post. Maybe next time it goes on sale I will give it a shot for my friend. I don't think I need one myself. I just go with my toaster oven for fries when I'm lazy and the good ol' greasy method when the craving gets bad.
queenofhearts wrote: Might have been me who said that. I love French fries ( who doesn’t ?) but barely ever fry them because of the fat but mostly because of the clean up and storing the oil etc. it was just too much of a production.I used todo them in my smart oven but not really enjoyable so I kind of just stopped making them .

For the air fryer I bought the McCain Crinkle cut extra crunchy fries. Tossed them in the basket and must have cooked them for like 12 min at 350....and they were soooo good. I also tried hand cutting my own which were also good but for the speed and taste combined...the frozen ones were the winner. I’ve since done broccoli, roasted veggies in there and I have to say it comes out much crisper than my breville smart oven and it’s just so much easier and faster.
Thanks for the information. Roasted veggies seem interesting in this device. Do they end up kind of like stir fry without the stir-fry?

How does the air fryer fair with tempura veggies or breaded chicken wings and nuggets? Are they crispy too?

McCain's are magic in oven or fryer. They are always crispy Vs those no name or my compliments type brands in my experience.

ThatGuyAgain wrote: Convection oven is great, air fryer is better because its a mini convection oven that uses less power overall by heating a smaller area. Bought this one for 99.98 no tax from superstore and totally worth it for the upgrade from my previous. very quick and the wife is happy!

PS wayyyy off topic, sorry..
in this context it's "pique" or "piqued", not peaked**. Sorry don't like correcting people just passing on something that I was corrected on!

**Although "peaked" could work if that's what you meant based on this:
'The traditional idiom is to pique one's interest, with pique meaning “to provoke or arouse.” Like perk, however, peaked can also make sense in context. Peak means “to bring to a maximum value or intensity,” and this is certainly what one might mean when saying, “my interest was peaked.”.'
Lmao..wow I didn't even notice that. I must've been really tired when I wrote that. Nice catch. Haha but yes you can say my interest on this has reached its climax due to the fries comment. XD
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2358 posts
1947 upvotes
GVRD
MossiDafPunk wrote: I'm wondering if I should have gotten this instead:
Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven - 10Qt
After reading the recent reviews at Amazon, I'm going to keep this Ninja. For the IP, hot air blasts out of the back (like the Ninja). It's a bigger unit, so it's not as easy for me to angle it to the side, as the Ninja. Glass door might have issues. Perhaps a louder unit. Every style has its flaws. Some units have broken panels after 6 months. I'd rather deal with Costco over Best Buy for problems if they occur with the Ninja. Ninja has a ceramic non-stick. Etc.

The auto rotisserie is a nice feature on the IP though. That should make a real mess though when it's clean-up time.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2358 posts
1947 upvotes
GVRD
Xephy wrote: McCain's are magic in oven or fryer. They are always crispy Vs those no name or my compliments type brands in my experience.
I haven't yet bought the store packaged pre-cut fries. I know they'll work out well and save me time for air frying. On the other hand, most of the pre-cut fries are sprayed/soaked in oil, which is why they come out crispier. One of the big benefits with an air fryer is "very little oil" use, so some will prefer cutting up their potato fries and just using a tsp of oil - but they probably won't be nearly as crispy and tasty.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2464 posts
743 upvotes
Gta
Xephy wrote:

Thanks for the information. Roasted veggies seem interesting in this device. Do they end up kind of like stir fry without the stir-fry?

How does the air fryer fair with tempura veggies or breaded chicken wings and nuggets? Are they crispy too?

McCain's are magic in oven or fryer. They are always crispy Vs those no name or my compliments type brands in my experience.

I’ve done the hand cut too but I think I cut them too thin and cooked too long. They got too brown. I used to do frozen fries in my breville but they were never this good! I’ve tried to make pakora in the ninja and they were ...different. I used my usually recipe I use when I deep fry but used no water in the batter. I just left the veggies soak in the dry batter so the water released from the veggies would create a batter ( think cookie dough). It was ok...but again, think I used too high heat . They were tasty but kind of chewey. Lol I’m going to try breaded wings next ...I just have to buy more wings.

Roasted veggies were crisp but soft if that makes sense. Not really like a stir fry. But I used soft veggies like red pepper and red onion. Brussel sprouts and broccoli cook really nice in there.
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2134 posts
570 upvotes
I have the insta pot duo. Anyone try the crisping lid accessory? Thinking this might be more cost effective then buying a foodie but not sure which option is better.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2358 posts
1947 upvotes
GVRD
queenofhearts wrote: think I used too high heat
Yes, I think most of us are just using the default 390 degree setting for air frying.

Regarding fries, the narrow end parts cook fast. They have to be stirred often.

I think we have to test more at the <390 settings to cook more on the inside first on some things.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3519 posts
1365 upvotes
Anjou, QC
James Stonehenge wrote: Any locations still doing a rain check for this?
Should be all locations... Just go to the little checkout podium where you pickup paid electronics, gift card, movie ticket, etc
They should be able to print out a raincheck receipt
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2358 posts
1947 upvotes
GVRD
Been using the Ninja about 3-4X/day. So far, can't find anything bad about it. Seems to be a well-designed unit. It's size is actually good because the product is very portable. So far, size hasn't been an issue. Quality durable product, or I think Costco wouldn't carry it.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1077 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
NonStopInTheMix wrote: Should be all locations... Just go to the little checkout podium where you pickup paid electronics, gift card, movie ticket, etc
They should be able to print out a raincheck receipt
I was told at Markham east that as the sale is over no more rain checks
JS
Aug 19, 2006
80 posts
48 upvotes
finally restocked in Richmond Hill but gone within morning from people with rain checks or just willing to pay $99. If you have rain check , no guarantee nor notification to you when in stock. Good luck and keep checking

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)