[Costco] Costco Ninja Air Fryer $79.99 in store, $89.99 online

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2020 1:03 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2456 posts
742 upvotes
Gta
umadbrah wrote: nah, i used to think this. But air fryers are way better, IMO. They heat up way faster, easier to clean, usually smaller footprint, and cooks more evenly. It's not even that much of a "premium".

If it's dollar for dollar, I would go for an air fryer every time. No ragrets. My only ragret was getting the Actifry early on. That thing was effin' garbage and put me off air frying for years. The basket air fryers are way way better.
Yup.I was an early adapter to the T -Fal actifry too and that’s what put me off and thought they were all the same. The new air fryers are head and shoulders above the early ones. Consider me a convert too.
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2456 posts
742 upvotes
Gta
sallusworld wrote: Anyone seen them at the scarborough costco?
Yes. But that was yesterday at warden location. I was there around 11.30 and they had about 15 left. Call ahead to see of anyone has stock.
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3002 posts
1196 upvotes
Lethbridge
Got this last year when it was on sale - I highly recommend any of the Ninja products; we have their coffee pot, blender and air fryer now.

While it's no comparison vs our giant basket oil fryer for things like french fries, it gets the job done for 90% of things. Half the time of the oven and easier to clean than the oil/basket one too.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1773 posts
962 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
Tried mine today (got mine at Woodbine/Hwy 7 Costco on Tuesday) with the Summ vegetable spring rolls that Costco sells. Preheated the Ninja for 3 mins per the instructions and had crispy spring rolls in 6 mins compared to using a traditional oven for 20 mins... Was crispier than using the oven so I'm now looking up air fryer recipes Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jul 16, 2007
290 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Got tired of waiting for Thorncliff, Warden, and online to get stock after calling a few times and was able to price match at Canadian Tire Laird and Eglinton by calling first and confirming with the manager (Dave). Picked it up this afternoon. It was a bit of a mission but it was successful... Regular price at Canadian Tire was $189.99, a whole $110 more!
Jun 23, 2017
28 posts
9 upvotes
Called Costco Richmond BC and they said no stock
Jun 17, 2020
82 posts
35 upvotes
itsvince wrote: Got tired of waiting for Thorncliff, Warden, and online to get stock after calling a few times and was able to price match at Canadian Tire Laird and Eglinton by calling first and confirming with the manager (Dave). Picked it up this afternoon. It was a bit of a mission but it was successful... Regular price at Canadian Tire was $189.99, a whole $110 more!
Its nice you were able to price match, in Winnipeg, Canadian Tire wouldn't price match due to the model number being off by the "CO". I'm not sure what the difference is
Mar 20, 2016
437 posts
396 upvotes
Vancouver
wpgdeals1482 wrote: Its nice you were able to price match, in Winnipeg, Canadian Tire wouldn't price match due to the model number being off by the "CO". I'm not sure what the difference is
"The actual machine for the 4 models is the same. The difference is the items included with them. The AF100 includes a 10-recipe inspiration guide. The AF101 includes a Multi-layer rack and 20-recipe inspiration guide. The AF101C is the Canadian version of the AF101 and includes the same items. The Af101CCO includes a Multi-layer rack and 10-recipe inspiration guide. "

I can't see any difference..
Feb 23, 2011
73 posts
75 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Any locations in Mississauga in stock right now? The Costcos here aren't picking up calls.
Jun 19, 2009
425 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa
Is it just my unit or is this thing loud? Just trying to cook some fries at 390F and it sounds like a hood fan on max setting.
Oct 4, 2005
207 posts
129 upvotes
Anybody who has this fryer does your unit auto pause cooking when the basket is removed? The manual says its suppose to but I’ve tried several times and keeps running.
Mar 12, 2008
626 posts
122 upvotes
Windsor
LOL...........You cant compare these with this Air fryer. These have little tiny fan than spins may be with 4 cycles per minute. These are just regular toaster ovens. These take 10/15 min just to pre heat them and then take 15 to 25 minutes to bake frozen foods (chicken wings or French fries etc). Ait fryer makes one of the best frozen chicken wings or fires etc. and they are way crispier and tastier...
Manufacturers just put a tiny fan just to qualify these as convection but they are not even close to convection ovens.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1473 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto
Phaelen wrote: Anybody who has this fryer does your unit auto pause cooking when the basket is removed? The manual says its suppose to but I’ve tried several times and keeps running.
Yes my in laws unit stops the fan as soon as I pull it out. I sometimes pause it myself too.
Jul 28, 2017
86 posts
60 upvotes
Edmonton
Phaelen wrote: Anybody who has this fryer does your unit auto pause cooking when the basket is removed? The manual says its suppose to but I’ve tried several times and keeps running.
Same here. Probably a more high end version feature.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2537 posts
1374 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
michtang wrote: Same here. Probably a more high end version feature.
Good to know, even the Philips airfryer doesn't turn off when you remove the basket. Well the older models anyway.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
May 12, 2004
770 posts
74 upvotes
Picked this up yesterday and bought some wings. It’s great for a single person but too small for a family. I was able to do about 13 wings in each batch only as it said not to stack on each other so you could only place that many on the base. They turned out as good as the oil fryer method which I also used to do up two batches of the rest of the wings and fries.

So to summarize great for a single person excellent quality. I just wish it was bigger.
Mar 30, 2017
591 posts
375 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: nah, i used to think this. But air fryers are way better, IMO. They heat up way faster, easier to clean, usually smaller footprint, and cooks more evenly. It's not even that much of a "premium".

If it's dollar for dollar, I would go for an air fryer every time. No ragrets. My only ragret was getting the Actifry early on. That thing was effin' garbage and put me off air frying for years. The basket air fryers are way way better.
Friend has it and I can't taste the different. You may not be good at cooking with oven.
To me, it is just gimmick and paying $ to speed up a little only because the size is smaller so you can only cook less per batch faster.
It is not very rfd way of life to use airfry $$
5/11/18: profit YTD -3.50%😥
Mar 30, 2017
591 posts
375 upvotes
w11x22 wrote: LOL...........You cant compare these with this Air fryer. These have little tiny fan than spins may be with 4 cycles per minute. These are just regular toaster ovens. These take 10/15 min just to pre heat them and then take 15 to 25 minutes to bake frozen foods (chicken wings or French fries etc). Ait fryer makes one of the best frozen chicken wings or fires etc. and they are way crispier and tastier...
Manufacturers just put a tiny fan just to qualify these as convection but they are not even close to convection ovens.
lol Airfry just makes noise, the fan has nothing to do with cooking after certain speed. it is no different than oven.
The illusion of cooking faster is all because it is smaller so you put less food it. Try boil a huge pot of water and a small cup of water using same firepower and you see what I mean.
5/11/18: profit YTD -3.50%😥
Aug 30, 2020
820 posts
1235 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Just picked one up and used it the first day. Great little kitchen gadget. Made 2 batches of wings, one in the oven and the other in this. The air fryer cooks way faster, by almost half the time. Good gadget if you make little snacks often (fries, nuggets, etc) and skips the hassle of preheating the oven, then sticking it in for almost an hour, etc. Honestly don't notice that big of a taste difference, air fryer seems to be crispier but that could just be because of cook time and temp. But for convenience, it's great, ex if you're watching a movie you can make fries and eat them within 15 minutes.