Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

[Costco] Northrock XC00 Bike - 399.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2020 4:33 pm
Mar 20, 2016
642 posts
673 upvotes
Vancouver
Gee wrote: I find it hard to ride a mountain bike in the city. I can’t imagine riding that beast on city streets
Well either you will pass out and die by the side of the road or have tree-trunks for legs, worth the risk?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38384 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
jpwkr1 wrote: Well either you will pass out and die by the side of the road or have tree-trunks for legs, worth the risk?
Easy for you to say. You have nice weather in Vancouver
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
Gee wrote: I find it hard to ride a mountain bike in the city. I can’t imagine riding that beast on city streets
You clearly have never owned a fat bike.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Aug 6, 2009
101 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
I've had this bike one season. It's great for control in snow after upgrading to 4.8 Jumbo Jims. Also changed out the rear cassette to 14-34 on AliExpress along with a fender kit. Also upgraded to hydraulic brakes some Avid DB1's on AliExpress as well. The kenda tires will go back on in the summer. Went through one chain already with the calcium chloride they use in Edmonton on bicycle trails in the winter. Planning to ditch the bottom bracket at the end of this season and go to a hollowtech setup, new wheels - MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THEM FOR TRUE BEFORE BUYING, and going to a wider ratio Shimano 9/10/11 setup again off AliExpress. Still a great value to bomb around in the salty winter crap without wasting 3K.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
spdfrk wrote: I've had this bike one season. It's great for control in snow after upgrading to 4.8 Jumbo Jims. Also changed out the rear cassette to 14-34 on AliExpress along with a fender kit. Also upgraded to hydraulic brakes some Avid DB1's on AliExpress as well. The kenda tires will go back on in the summer. Went through one chain already with the calcium chloride they use in Edmonton on bicycle trails in the winter. Planning to ditch the bottom bracket at the end of this season and go to a hollowtech setup, new wheels - MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THEM FOR TRUE BEFORE BUYING, and going to a wider ratio Shimano 9/10/11 setup again off AliExpress. Still a great value to bomb around in the salty winter crap without wasting 3K.
Jumbo Jims are great all season tires, just leave them on year round.
I currently have Surly Lou on the FB since I only use it in the winter with deep snow. When it's hard packed I use my regular all-mountain bike with 2.6" Schwalbe Ice Spiker tires.

2.6" is currently $78 with more $ off with coupons.
chainreactioncycles-schwalbe-ice-spiker ... 0-2255460/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2069 posts
1026 upvotes
Nepean
Has anyone seen these are the Ottawa Costcos ? I was hoping to pick one up on the weekend, but they didn't have any at the Hunt Club location.
Wrocky
Dec 16, 2011
173 posts
369 upvotes
Ottawa
Seen these in Kanata location last week, $399.
Wrocky wrote: Has anyone seen these are the Ottawa Costcos ? I was hoping to pick one up on the weekend, but they didn't have any at the Hunt Club location.
Mar 6, 2005
560 posts
199 upvotes
Saw One at Mississauga Costco 5900 Rodeo Drive today.
Nice military green color, just like OP's picture.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
3999 upvotes
GTA
If anyone needs some better hill climbing abilities here's a direct replacement freewheel you can get from ebay for only $12, it bolts right up and is about as large as you can fit with the stock derailleur. If you don't have any tools i suggest getting the ones in the second and third link.

Sunrace Mfm300 7 Speed 14-34T https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bike-Freewheel- ... 2749.l2649
4pcs Bike Repair Tools https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4pcs-Bicycle-Mo ... Sw675eCaou
11-in-1 Folding multi tool https://www.ebay.ca/itm/11-in-1-Transfo ... Sw0w9dt4qK
Images
  • 20200128_223504.jpg
  • 20200128_224032.jpg
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7614 upvotes
ON
rendered22 wrote: How are these Fat bikes in the snow?
Great to ride just don't let your friends see you with one...Winking Face
Nov 7, 2017
117 posts
227 upvotes
For those getting the price of 299, When was it? I am interested when it becomes 299