Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] [Costco] Northrock XC00 Bike - 399.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 6:57 pm
Jul 9, 2017
129 posts
77 upvotes
Someones trying to overcompensate with that tire...
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2996 posts
1782 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
rendered22 wrote: Obviously leisure. I wouldn't ride in the city with a fat bike. I'd take my Pinarello Dogma or Grevil for road and city/gravel, but they would never be left locked up anywhere except for inside my home.

I'm looking for inexpensive fat bikes to take to Hardwood Hills where they groom their trails beautifully in the winter!
Some might think, "Hey, this would be a great winter commuter," without knowing any better. You could use one, but it'd be pure misery on a salty, slushy day with those tires and no fenders.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31170 posts
5403 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
netwise wrote: you must be new to Costco :) BBQ's will be next week!
Just saw a Trager Pellet Grill at my local Costco today.

Not new to Costco. Been a member since it was called Price Club

Just never noticed these things
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1739 posts
222 upvotes
Is this a better deal than the CCM Brut or the Diadora Artico?

I went fat biking in Canmore in December and I’m obsessed now.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Dec 16, 2011
135 posts
331 upvotes
Ottawa
MrFrugal1 wrote: Some might think, "Hey, this would be a great winter commuter," without knowing any better. You could use one, but it'd be pure misery on a salty, slushy day with those tires and no fenders.
Got this for $14 from AliExpress (now on sale for $11):

C$ 10.87 25% Off | Snow Bicycle mudguard Fat bike Fender 2pcs Front Rear Mud Guard for 20 inch 26inch Fatbike MTB Bikes Cycling Bicycle Fenders
https://a.aliexpress.com/pIJHq3uM
Images
  • 1F759B31-7918-4C98-9EE1-A714B2B8F52C.jpeg
  • 45645995-E39E-4E03-9CA7-7FD5E2D4902F.jpeg
Mar 20, 2016
333 posts
240 upvotes
Vancouver
Swerny wrote: As an avid cyclist and a fat bike owner, this bike is decent for what it is at the price point.
If you are using it to tool around in the slush, snow and sand, then fine, but please don't buy one of these to see if you like actual fatbiking.
It's very heavy, with bad gearing and while it can be "upgraded", it isn't cheap or easy to do so due to a lot of non-standard sizing.

https://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/new-l ... 42920.html
35lbs is reasonable. A fat bike is not a light bike and never will be.
Hell I looked up at $3,400 carbon fat bike and it was 28lb...
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4711 posts
1511 upvotes
Debtario
Tried this bike out and its decent quality, I was tempted to get it but already have a CTM and SCR1 from previous years clearance deals.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Aug 10, 2011
296 posts
46 upvotes
EAST YORK
Any bikes seen in GTA stores
Thanks
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 plan ( $29.50 with 35% F&F code and $3 BTS) X2 plans
Freedom 7.5gb $25.40 plan (with $5 digital discount and 35% F&F code and $3 BTS)
Fido 150M internet plan $37.50
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
12147 posts
5927 upvotes
Toronto
jpwkr1 wrote: 35lbs is reasonable. A fat bike is not a light bike and never will be.
Hell I looked up at $3,400 carbon fat bike and it was 28lb...
Heavy bike, heavy wheels and tires and tall gears are a bad combo
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3790 posts
1333 upvotes
Montreal
407user wrote: Call out? You are equating a request for information with criticism. As I said, I am ready to purchase. The comments here are very positive, but I would like to hear the cons as well as the pros and the ratio of downvotes to upvotes was smaller when I made the post.
No, you specifically asked those who had anonymously downvoted to explain themselves. If that isn't calling someone out I don't know what is! Anyway, do what you want ... I'm just posting my beef about all the attention we give to these downvoters. I've never seen a single RFD thread where challenging downvotes has accomplished anything (maybe there are a few examples, but they would be few and far between ...).
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3208 posts
535 upvotes
GTA
6 left at Laird costco in Mississauga.
Mar 19, 2007
253 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
all fat bikes are heavy so this one's wight isn't obnoxious. I had one of these last year and it's a great entry to fatbiking for the pricepoint. But if you are going to be hitting trails with any hills you are going to hate the tall gearing...I switched to an alivio 8sp and lower gearing much like Deeeight did (link above) and it made a huge difference. The brakes are sufficient. The tires are also a weak spot...and be forewarned fatbike tires are $$$.

But for $400 it's a steal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2789 upvotes
Washington, DC
Gee wrote: They have spring stuff out already?
Fat bikes are for all year round.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31170 posts
5403 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
lincoln wrote: Fat bikes are for all year round.
I find it hard to ride a mountain bike in the city. I can’t imagine riding that beast on city streets