• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2023 4:58 pm
[OP]
Mar 26, 2019
35 posts
96 upvotes

Costco Photo. Where to shop now?

Hi everyone,

I am curious to see where people will be shopping now that Costco Photo Center is moving to Shutterfly?

What other sites do you consider when shopping for Photo Gifts

I used Costco alot but never used Shutterfly before so curious to see what sites you consider for Photo Gifts =)
17 replies
Dec 9, 2007
138 posts
116 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
interested to find out but wrong forum bro Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
10743 posts
2990 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been going to Walmart (online order, in store pickup) ever since every Costco photo centre near me shut down. Cheap and quality is good enough for my needs.
Nov 24, 2017
170 posts
220 upvotes
Lower Mainland, BC
I typically use London Drugs and have had good luck with them. I also use them for any videotape ripping since Costco isn't doing that anymore either.
Mobile:
2017-10 - 2022-08: Fido $45/6+2 GB
2022-08 - 2022-12: Virgin $45/20 GB
2022-12 - Present: Fido $30/30 GB
Apr 7, 2007
144 posts
110 upvotes
Shopper Drug Mart I found to have really good quality. Slightly more than Costco but they have sales sometimes if you are ordering more that 100 photos I believe.
Nov 21, 2016
340 posts
600 upvotes
abbotsford
1226 wrote: I've been going to Walmart (online order, in store pickup) ever since every Costco photo centre near me shut down. Cheap and quality is good enough for my needs.
Walmart is from “bad” to “atrocious” depending on the type you get.

The Kodak (too oversharpened) and the Great Value (awful colours, oversharpened) prints are not even worth printing. I wouldn’t even take them for free if they were for a family album or anything worth keeping.

The “Fujifilm Spark Prints” that sometimes go on sale to 10-12cents per 4x6 are okay. They are not oversharpened, they look quite good, the colours are rich enough, the problem is they come out pretty dark. Imagine looking at a photo with sunglasses on. It’s good if you can edit your photos to make them brighter or a little overexposure. They are the only ones worth printing IMO.

Alenux55 wrote: I typically use London Drugs and have had good luck with them. I also use them for any videotape ripping since Costco isn't doing that anymore either.
London Drugs is fantastic quality, but their prices for 4x6prints were 3-4x more expensive than Costco depending on if you met Costco’s bulk pricing thresholds. Its simply way too expensive to print a large archive or a big vacation photo album.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1251 posts
263 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Costco sent an email out that SOME of their photo printing will now be done by Shutterfly.

Nothing about regular prints though.
Dear Costco Member,

We are excited to announce that Costco Canada will soon be working with Shutterfly and their new upcoming Canadian website.

On January 28, 2023, products and services previously available from CostcoPhotoCentre.ca will no longer be available.

Watch your inbox for more detailed information beginning January 23rd, 2023, as that’s when you will have the opportunity to begin the transition. At that time, Costco members can visit Costco.ca and click Photo to opt-in and transfer their Costco photo account information and photos to the new Canadian Shutterfly site. Additionally, Costco members will be able to download their images, currently available at CostcoPhotoCentre.ca to their personal computer through January 31st, 2024.

Projects saved on CostcoPhotoCentre.ca will not be available on the new Canadian Shutterfly site. If you’ve started a project at CostcoPhotoCentre.ca or would like extra copies of earlier projects, your order must be placed prior to this January 28th, 2023. These projects include:

Photo Books
Calendars
Greeting Cards
Collage Prints

Sincerely,
Costco Wholesale
Nov 21, 2016
340 posts
600 upvotes
abbotsford
DarkCanuck wrote: Costco sent an email out that SOME of their photo printing will now be done by Shutterfly.

Nothing about regular prints though.
But they also imply that costcophotocentre.ca is no longer going to be available, such as in their instructions and deadlines to download certain projects, transfer accounts over, and print off anything else you want. IMO that would suggest all of their products will be outsourced.

It’s too early to know with 100% certainty whether regular 4x6 prints will or won’t be continued to be offered. I still think the messaging points further towards the negative side, if we were forced to gamble on it.
Jan 23, 2023
0 posts
2 upvotes
Shutterfly.ca site has the prints, same as what Costco offers with using Fujifilm photo papers.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3366 posts
945 upvotes
Ancaster
VivianV wrote: Shutterfly.ca site has the prints, same as what Costco offers with using Fujifilm photo papers.
Ya but Shutterfly Canada is more expensive than Costco was even with the 50% off for Costco members.
Nov 21, 2016
340 posts
600 upvotes
abbotsford
VivianV wrote: Shutterfly.ca site has the prints, same as what Costco offers with using Fujifilm photo papers.
Other than price being different, also should consider that using fujifilm paper does not equate to the same photo quality necessarily. The printers themselves make a difference too. So we don’t know, unless you think shutterfly will be taking over costcos printers?
May 29, 2009
9 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
I tried Fujifilm print life last Christmas to order some customized ornaments and stuffs. Their tools were pretty easy to use imo. The shipping was quick too. I highly recommended to try them out.
https://fujifilmprintlife.ca/
[OP]
Mar 26, 2019
35 posts
96 upvotes
kasm wrote: The link Costco sent takes you to www.shutterflycanada.ca. Is this different from www.shutterfly.com
I have a shutterfly.com account but can't log into the shutterflycanada.ca site.
I believe it is different and you need to make a new account on Shutterfly Canada website
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
11336 posts
2299 upvotes
So what are the best places to order photo prints that are about 8x12 for frames?