[Costco] Costco - Pit Boss 820FBC3 Smoker - 549.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2020 11:26 am
[OP]
Jul 25, 2016
29 posts
30 upvotes

[Costco] Costco - Pit Boss 820FBC3 Smoker - 549.99

Don't see this online so likely instore so potentially YMMV. I picked one of these up from the Dixie/Dundas store last night and they had 2 left at the time...spending a lot of time at home this summer so might as well put it to good use!

This isn't the first time i've seen it and this price and there are previous threads to be found as well, but i think i'ts a great price on a solid smoker for those interested. This one comes with a cover as well which seems to retail for around 100$ if bought alone..
Images
  • IMG_20200612_153740.jpg
  • IMG_20200612_153747.jpg
  • IMG_20200612_153752.jpg
8 replies
Jan 15, 2017
143 posts
119 upvotes
FWIW TSC has the 700R2 for $499. Its smaller, although I feel like still more than big enough for a family with guests over, but it also has a side and front shelf as well as the probe. The side and front shelf are extremely important imo. That said, I bought the 700r2 yesterday and the temperature control takes some getting used to. Set to 350 and it heats up to 410 over the course of 15 minutes after startup before eventually dropping back down to 350 like 10 minutes later and then hovers from around 340 to 380 or so. This is my first pellet grill maybe this is normal
Last edited by tomadams on Jun 13th, 2020 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mar 23, 2012
250 posts
62 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Waaay cheaper than a Treager. Anyone use both, notice any significant differences between the two?
Dec 23, 2008
186 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
I purchased this exact one from Costco at that price 3 weeks ago in Candiac, Qc.

I've never owned a smoker so I can't compare but I need to change my BBQ and a friend of mine who smokes meat 4 times a week loves this model so I picked it up.

Here's what I know:

- Smoked food is soooo much better. We smoke anywhere between 45 minutes to 3 hours. I know these are amateur times but that's already enough to give it a great taste.

- The initial burn is very very important and you need to follow the instructions for the pellets or else you will set it to 300 degrees and your smoker will climb over 550 in a few minutes. Follow the steps! After a few sessions, we got the hang of it and the lid thermometer is pretty accurate though we havent pushed it very high since we smoke.

- There is a lever on the outside of the smoker to open and close the grids over the flame. Very easy to use. The flame is only in the middle of the smoker so it only covers about 1/3 of the width if you are looking to grill something.

That's about it. We are happy with the purchase and I purchased a stone to try pizza on the smoker this weekend. Looking forward to it!

P.s. It also comes with a meat thermometer that you plug in the BBQ which does a good job but everyone should buy a seperate high quality one instead. Don't want to be messing with uncooked meat when you smoke.
Sep 4, 2016
209 posts
282 upvotes
Bought the R2 at tsc yesterday as well. Definitely big enough for a whole brisket so I think its lots big. Wood pellets are on sale there for $30/40lbs as well.
Apr 23, 2015
27 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
tomadams wrote: FWIW TSC has the 700R2 for $499. Its smaller, although I feel like still more than big enough for a family with guests over, but it also has a side and front shelf as well as the probe. The side and front shelf are extremely important imo. That said, I bought the 700r2 yesterday and the temperature control takes some getting used to. Set to 350 and it heats up to 410 over the course of 15 minutes after startup before eventually dropping back down to 350 like 10 minutes later. This is my first pellet grill maybe this is normal
Sorry to jump thread but can you give me the link to this? TIA!
Jan 15, 2017
143 posts
119 upvotes
Dmichel99 wrote: Bought the R2 at tsc yesterday as well. Definitely big enough for a whole brisket so I think its lots big. Wood pellets are on sale there for $30/40lbs as well.
yup got some competition blend and some hickory. Thats all my TSC had, not sure if other locations have other types or not. For those interested the brand is Louisiana Grills for the pellets
Mar 5, 2016
576 posts
345 upvotes
I've had this for 2 years now. Way better than propane IMO.

I got mine when they were clearing it out for 399. This version is better than the older one because it has the little handle on the outside to open the heat shield. The old one didn't, I have to use a tool to shimmy it open through the grates.