[Costco] Costco: Pre-order XBOX Series S Digital with Wireless Controller

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 9:42 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2019
37 posts
58 upvotes

[Costco] Costco: Pre-order XBOX Series S Digital with Wireless Controller

Pre-order XBOX Series S Digital with one extra Wireless Controller.

Note- 1 order per member every 2 days

Looks like good price and policy for Xbox Series S
17 replies
Feb 14, 2006
459 posts
376 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Near terrible unit, no backward play of owned discs and terrible 512GB storage with under 400 available and proprietary memory modules to play series x titles instead of USB. Parents be careful, this unit may require new all digital $90 games so buy the Xbox cash cards not physical games. Also ensure there arent a bunch of Xbox 360 or Xbox one discs at your house because if so you need the other more expensive unit that'll play those with its disc drive
Jan 2, 2018
40 posts
25 upvotes
Langley, BC
you can get the same from xbox.com for $10 less
Feb 24, 2020
3 posts
Of course the other one is sold out everywhere until March (apparently), so at least you can play the next gen games. The discs will be $90 too. It is also $220 less (+tax) and it is available.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1532 posts
1310 upvotes
ReneXu wrote: you can get the same from xbox.com for $10 less
2 year warranty with Costco worth motez let's not forget the Xbox 360 penny trick
Nov 5, 2019
65 posts
58 upvotes
Yattalren wrote: Of course the other one is sold out everywhere until March (apparently), so at least you can play the next gen games. The discs will be $90 too. It is also $220 less (+tax) and it is available.
Where did you see the X is OOS until March?
Feb 1, 2015
70 posts
51 upvotes
TheCraZyCloWn wrote: Who would buy this console lol
well for me personally, my main will be the ps5. So it makes zero sense getting the series x. However, the series S is appealing for exclusives+gamepass.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1750 posts
1513 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Near terrible unit, no backward play of owned discs and terrible 512GB storage with under 400 available and proprietary memory modules to play series x titles instead of USB. Parents be careful, this unit may require new all digital $90 games so buy the Xbox cash cards not physical games. Also ensure there arent a bunch of Xbox 360 or Xbox one discs at your house because if so you need the other more expensive unit that'll play those with its disc drive
yeah getting a console for dirt cheap and games pass and not shelling out 90 for a new game sure must suck for parents for xmas.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1750 posts
1513 upvotes
alexander0885 wrote: well for me personally, my main will be the ps5. So it makes zero sense getting the series x. However, the series S is appealing for exclusives+gamepass.
exactly. and physical games on these systems make no sense because there are always bloody downloads and updates. only console worth getting physical is the switch
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1144 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
I'm all-in on PlayStation 5. I was curious about the Xbox Series S being so cheap but after quick research it really shouldn't be considered close to the experience on an Xbox Series X or PS5 digital version.

It's basically designed for kids to get playing Fortnite and play some next-gen titles on "medium" graphics instead of "ultra" to use the PC gaming terms.

Specs/features versus the Xbox Series X.
  • 1/2 the storage space of the Series X
  • 1/3 the graphics processing power compared to Series X
  • Maximum 1440p resolution - not 4K like the Series X
  • Not backwards compatible with Xbox One, 360 or original Xbox discs - Only digital downloads
Nov 7, 2013
186 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
alexander0885 wrote: well for me personally, my main will be the ps5. So it makes zero sense getting the series x. However, the series S is appealing for exclusives+gamepass.
I guess if you don't have a PC and need to play Xbox exclusive games makes sense but you are buying a console with only 4tf vs 10tf for 100$ diff ps5 or 200$ for xbsx
Apr 19, 2020
106 posts
87 upvotes
No disc drive no thanks alot of the times disc games are cheaper and can resell them
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1893 posts
1217 upvotes
Ottawa
Yattalren wrote: Of course the other one is sold out everywhere until March (apparently), so at least you can play the next gen games. The discs will be $90 too. It is also $220 less (+tax) and it is available.
Microsoft said they'll release new stock on release day.